5/31/2019 - Resource Duplication Bug Fix

Alex

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Sphinx said:

I guess crime does pay. 

The bank records of Nova high gov clearly show far more than those totals so they've used a large amount of those resources so far (Probably in their wars against KETOG/Panth and of course for buying new cities for their high gov). its good the ill-gotten resources are gone from the game but there should be a punishment for those actions in knowingly exploiting a bug to the degree that they did.

I don't disagree with you, but I don't really have any proof that anyone was knowingly exploiting a bug except for the guy who actually did exploit the bug, who has since deleted all of his nations (except the Dog1 account linked above.)

I am trying to be fair to the average members of Nova Riata who very likely did benefit from this exploit but did so unknowingly. As I stated above, I do believe pooball and The North 14 were most intimately involved, but I still do not feel comfortable punishing them without further evidence they were intentionally abusing the bug for their own benefit.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

1 minute ago, Akuryo said:

Mother of god, if you have an offshore surely you keep track of its contents right? 

Apparently not if you're pooballs you just sit there not knowing 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

output11.gif&key=7dd46fc9c31afd4fac113d5

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

I have made a patch to the game's code that I believe will eliminate the potential to do this.

Damn it, guess I cant become rich ?

Also, I like to bring up the fact that it seems this was brought to your attention in the past.  While, at the time, I can understand not really looking into it - but it does show that they knew exactly what they were doing and that they had plenty of time to do it.

None of them brought it up to you till recently when the community started to sniff it out themselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

• Administrators
Just now, Buorhann said:

Also, can you thoroughly investigate anybody else duplicating this exploit too or is this a hard thing to search for?

I do believe it's a really hard exploit to pull off. I spent a lot of time this morning trying to do it consistently myself and was unsuccessful. I think it's pretty unlikely that anyone else was knowingly exploiting this bug.

The spikes in the resource quantity tracking graphs basically match the generation of resources by the main culprit here perfectly. I don't see any suggestion that anyone else was abusing a bug like this, and going forward it will be very clear if someone finds a way to do it in the future.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

There's a lot of people upset about the lack of punishment in here.

Why don't you all band together and roll them? I mean there's easily enough of you to do huge damage, and you get to war; it's win-win

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Screenshot_2018-12-26-00-42-07-578_com.discord098.png

2 minutes ago, Tarroc said:

As the leader of Nova, as someone who possibly did not question and just let the benefits be reaped, should Pooball not be punished? If he didn't know, it was because he did not WANT to know, he's the leader of Nova Riata, he should be held accountable and he punished along with the person who did the act. You can't tell me this didn't happen without his permission, he had to have known something was up, and he chose to not stop it. 

I'm sorry I thought you were Nova. Shame on me.

Edited by James II

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

1 minute ago, Machiavelli said:

There's a lot of people upset about the lack of punishment in here.

Why don't you all band together and roll them? I mean there's easily enough of you to do huge damage, and you get to war; it's win-win

I like this idea

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Jax locked this topic