Paragon Announcement

Keegoz

Sorry I'm late pro-, wait, this is a political science course, right? Whoops, seems I entered the science building by accident. Sorry for interupting.

Quickly runs away

• Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

You know, when I posted this, I could never have thought we would spark a debate over Entropy.

We should sign the Syndicate so we can have a debate over the true definition of irony.

-snip-

Shit, I meant ISOLATED system, not closed. Not that PnW is one of those, either. Bad metaphors are always applicable, though.

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

Define Insignificant.

Less significant than half the treaty web.

Entropy will cause them all to merge into two poles again.  You can have a period of chaos but it will all resolve itself, relatively, quickly.  Its theory and, unlike Dr. Rush, I have seen it play out that way 100% of the time.

Global wars are always bipolar. Political interests are always multi-polar, when multiple entities exist. Whatever is expedient and thought to be optimal will break the "entropy".

I just assumed he meant atrophy instead of entropy.

Thermal dynamics can only be applied to pixels and (to an extent) membership. Game theory applies to (re)organization here. I assumed he meant apathy :D

A bipolar world is reality.  I do suppose you could maintain a tripolar one for a bit but it will regress to a bipolar one.  I make no claims about its boring-ness or not.

I believe the concept you are trying to describe is political realism. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Realism_(international_relations)

The theory of realism (to be more specific, neorealism) is essentially everyone will fight to the death until a hegemon emerges, which will endure for a while before collapsing into smaller states and starting the process all over again. Unlike the real world, however, one bloc doesn't become the sole hegemon, but rather dominate in power in a bipolar system. The rest of PnW history will tell what happens next. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Sorta. If I wanted to apply a strict, or otherwise, form of neorealism or clasic realism I would.

I agree that this game is different than the real world. Bi-polar structure is the natural state of this game. Disruptions will eventually settle back to the natural state.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Sorta. If I wanted to apply a strict, or otherwise, form of neorealism or clasic realism I would.

I agree that this game is different than the real world. Bi-polar structure is the natural state of this game. Disruptions will eventually settle back to the natural state.

It doesn't mean it's not worth it.

• Upvote 1

Keegoz channeling his inner-Kurdanak. :ph34r:

Here's to Paragon, and a new path!

:o

KURDANAK'S ALIVE

• Upvote 1

<&Partisan> EAT THE SHIT

<blacklabel> lol @ ever caring about how much you matter in some dumbass nation simulation browser game. what a !@#$in pathetic waste of life

iZHAsgV.png

Keegoz channeling his inner-Kurdanak. :ph34r:

Here's to Paragon, and a new path!

So does this mean Rose and VE are paraGONE? (☞゚ヮ゚)☞

I POSTED THIS FOR YOU! WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?!?!?!?

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It sorta does. But should be fun to watch so it sorta doesn't.

dude, that's like saying "well we're all gonna die one day so you might as well not do anything." The more chaos, the better imo. It's about having fun, and having fun has its own intrinsic value. Will this change make the game more fun/interesting? Probably. Because a bipolar world gets really old, real quick. It's the cycle of life and death bro. Everything is a cycle, it's worth it to continue it. Edited by Piratemonkey

I'm glad to see the "other side" of the treaty web is so impressed with our move.  I wonder when all the people applauding us are going to follow suit, or are they just applauding because this move is clearly in their favor?

That being said, the ole warchest is back up and ready to roll, when is the next war starting?