Jump to content

The Harsh Reality Of Micros


PaintMC
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hmmm. K

indgertkr2.png

Legal Disclaimer:

My opinions do not necessarily reflect of the opinions of my alliance, allies, enemies or neutrals.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Who Me said:

Most micros fail due to sheer incompetence of their leaders.

true and a belief that everything must be fair or a sense of over cockyness and bragging

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, MinesomeMC said:

It’s true every should merge into Prima Victoria 

And some micros end up being led by this guy. He's created 4-5 micros (in 4-5 years) all failing in the exact same way. (When they fail he just creates another and makes the same mistake like he has the memory of a goldfish) Then he gets on the forums with the same old tired joke about his failures.(also like a goldfish) He doesn't realize people have stopped even laughing at him and not with him. 

Edited by Deulos
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, MsPaintArtist said:

Let me give you a simple challenge.

Name a micro with no treaties that still survives and prosper ‘till this day.

Can't think of any? Yeah right, that's because they're dead mostly due to piracy or random attacks from other alliances. Those who still survived are suffering from raids every single day and night and are forced to either disband and join another alliance, sign a treaty with the big alliances or quit the game due to the frustration that they could no longer handle.

Nowadays, if you want to start your own alliance, you'll have to join a big alliance, get stocked and then make your own alliance which is usually treatied to the alliance that you previously came from. Or you'll need to have a good connection to one of the top 50's alliance and discuss about treaties before you create your alliance.

It's just impossible to play the game in a micro alliance with no treaties now that everyone is always craving for loot. Having a crappy treaty with an alliance that is not in top 50 will also gives you endless pain from raiders that your protector can't handle. Many micros tried to treaty with each other to protect themselves against threats from the world, and what's the result? Yep, still dead or barely alive.

The fact that you can no longer have your own alliance without having to depend on the big alliances just really shows how cruel this game can be. The big alliances keeps getting bigger and more whale while the small ones gets raided to ashes and blown away if they even try to post a DoE on the forums. ( Yeah posting that stuff is just a death sentence to your alliance if you don't have a treaty beforehand ). The raiding mechanics aren't bad, but it's just a pain in every part of a micro because somewhere in PnW, there will always be that one toxic player that likes to loot micros all the time.

So, in conclusion, will there be a way for micros to survive in Orbis without a treaty? Can they ever have a good time enjoying the game independently? From my experience of having to lose an alliance in the past and had to reroll, the answer will always be a big fat NO and it'll probably never change.

Thank you for reading my useless midnight Orbis Ted-Talk with poor grammar ( I think ). Have a good day.

 

( P.s: I'm bored and posting this probably wasn't a good idea. Also alliances on white blocs aren't peaceful as you think )

 

 

Ultimately in any game, escpecially one with no alliance member cap, if you aren't joining the top 15-20% of alliances you are intentionally putting yourself behind other players 

 

The reason that they last as long as they already do is because we only have one server. In games with multiple servers (considering the usual served cap is 2000-5000 players) its the top 5-10 alliances who  prosper and none else. 

 

Lastly the biggest reason people stay in this game is the community and most micros dont have that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if I read the OP correctly, in a game called Politics and War, you want to avoid engaging in politics and/or war.

Well that wont go well for your fledgling alliance.

You have to play politics or you are as good as dead, when I started Grumpy, the first thing I did, before I even created my alliance was find someone that could serve as a protector, because I knew for a fact that other alliances wanted to bully and raid the crap out of us.  When we formed I think we had 5-8 members, and now we are 7th largest alliance in the game.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A raiding micro has a high chance of success.   An unchained econ micro?    Not so much.  

This is a game governed by 3 simple rules.   Peace through strength.    Peace through numbers.    Peace through coordination that brings game cred.   Other than that, a nation or micro alliance is raider bait.   

Like it or not, Raiders perform a valuable service.    They free up otherwise dormant resources and help keep prices down for everyone else.  

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Nokia Rokia said:

last message I got for you is this You are as a Old leader are partly responsible for the mess of your former gov and the outlook of COTL with the culture it represents 

I don't make posts based on Ill Information I merely called out the toxicness of your community that you are partly responsible for as one of the main founders you as a leader enabled a place for those toxic people and, due to this are to be held accountable as I am accountable for the members of TCM getting rolled and prolonging wars by refusing to surrender.

sorry to inform you but I save 90% of all talks I have and mine and Akus DMs are filled with the past of what used to be extremely close friends and the warped Knife Akuryo choose to drive in my back with extreme OOC allegations in support of Goons not rolling North Point. the very thing that would merge with Soup Kitchen to one day become COTL.


ChangeUp who decided itd be a great Idea to interview my roommate and dig into my personal life for his own show on Royal Orbis News I have evidence for all of this and have contacted the overlord Sheepy who chose to do nothing besides warn these individuals as if this would stop they harassments
 


I'm never poorly informed because unlike you I care about accuracy and being seen as factual now go back to your shell wherever that is.

 retirement is where people like us belong stop defending bad deeds as if they never happened 

Kev you are someone i used to look up to than i realized you are as Real as Epi or Elijah Mikaelson or George (Bumi) or Akuryo

ive had enough of these fake people its tiring and now im done responding to you talking garbage about a happy community as all you manage to do is house terrible people


leaving the game for a few months has been so nice its been full of rants and thoughts of the past where ive gone wrong and the fake people i used to trust


this isnt baiting its mere statements of fact 

you are the last person to have the right to insult or attack another's community or judge the rights of another to bring up their community

the only bait here is the post you just made but no worries i enjoy free noms


 

Let me recap in an attempt to understand your position more clearly; You dislike the actions that certain members of an alliance that I created took after I had already left said alliance. Because of these transgressions, I should be held responsible towards their actions that I had no part of nor condone. To top it off, I have a general critique against your alliance (TCM) with no direct pointed attacks, and thus I am “toxic and fake”? Does that cover it?

I’m not entirely sure that’s a viewpoint I can understand nor respect.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Maia said:

Nokia being Nokia.

1. He left the game but he is still here(he even made official goodbye in alliance affairs to make it more visable).
2. He left TCM but he is acting like he is still there.(Ofc he won't join to TCM to fight but he is first to be part of peace talks - at least it was the case in Aurora vs TCM war)
3. Say anything bad about TCM and Nokia will take it very personal(you are very lucky that he didn't make straight to the point 20minutes video).
4. Nokia leaving TCM with either respected Alliance Leaders or High Gov people in Top 20s. You can't deny this sofisticated experiance seeing how well they baited BK to hit them.

5. Nokia EGO

 42906ae589d4e7b028834a4f687b4e52.jpg(soon to be in scale of airship)

Honestly at this point I can't really treat Nokia serious in any matter. I wish him all good things irl but in game he is just really annoying to interact.

 

Have a wonderful day and this video has nothing to do with your post but does go into some my PnW history and past as a person which relates to your post

Edited by Nokia Rokia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Life comes at you fast.  I generally agree with the comments on this post.  There are certainly ways that you can survive and thrive as a micro--staying active, finding a niche, developing a community and a distinctive identity all help.  Getting good at the game mechanics and working hard can help a lot.  I'm pretty sure that no one wants to see people complaining that "life is hard," though.  There's plenty of ways one can play this game well and build the respect of others, and hopefully you can stick it out and develop your skills and get the respect of your fellow players, who will respect you no matter how big of an alliance you happen to be a part of.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Charles Bolivar said:

This is hilariously incorrect.

 

It had to.  Even if it was just for one millisecond before he added a bunch of friends from elsewhere.  There was still one split second moment when one guy had to click the "create alliance" button by himself.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2021 at 11:37 PM, Nokia Rokia said:

ChangeUp who decided itd be a great Idea to interview my roommate and dig into my personal life for his own show on Royal Orbis News I have evidence for all of this and have contacted the overlord Sheepy who chose to do nothing besides warn these individuals as if this would stop they harassments

Please stop with these complete lies that amount to nothing but slander. We've gone over this before. You should know that:

1) I've never even had my own show on RON.
2) Your roommate posted a thread on reddit with a title along the lines of "I live with Nokia, AMA." 
3) Private conversations relating to #2 were not posted to a show on RON (see #1) nor, for reasons that are VERY obvious, a news channel. (if that's what you're referring to)

Frankly, I can't decide if you're blatantly lying or just ignorant.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Changeup said:

Please stop with these complete lies that amount to nothing but slander. We've gone over this before. You should know that:

1) I've never even had my own show on RON.
2) Your roommate posted a thread on reddit with a title along the lines of "I live with Nokia, AMA." 
3) Private conversations relating to #2 were not posted to a show on RON (see #1) nor, for reasons that are VERY obvious, a news channel. (if that's what you're referring to)

Frankly, I can't decide if you're blatantly lying or just ignorant.

I have already proven that the posts were deleted and that the conversation happened I've supplied necessary proof you are merely lying to protect yourself so you can continue toxicness that is wrong it seems no matter how much proof is supplied you continue to denie it which remains funny

not to mention you blatantly mentioned it publicly in PnW server till you had to deal with me willing shoving my life down your throat because if you plan to dox me and harass me I plan to make it as unfun as possible because venting helps me relax and you are dumb enough to feed me an outlet

just because you delete it doesnt mean it didnt happen friend sorry

this my last post to you on the forums

Edited by Nokia Rokia
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Aglet Green said:

It had to.  Even if it was just for one millisecond before he added a bunch of friends from elsewhere.  There was still one split second moment when one guy had to click the "create alliance" button by himself.  

The syndicate as an entity preceded it's formation ingame by a few weeks actually 👍

You are equating the mechanical act of creating an alliance ingame with that of forming an alliance. The two aren't identical. An alliance may be founded on the day of its creation, but it's actual formation usually predates this by at least a few weeks, if not months.

The syndicate as an example, existed as a distinct entity a good few weeks before it's official announcement. About twenty of us if I remember correctly who had all decided upon a common name, theme, government structure etc and were sending each other aid long before any announcement was ever made or the alliance was formed ingame. Rose had adopted us in an ad hoc manner as sort of quasi protectorate knowing full well we were only there until we officially declared our existence.

  • Upvote 1

Untitled.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 1:48 PM, MsPaintArtist said:

Let me give you a simple challenge.

Name a micro with no treaties that still survives and prosper ‘till this day.

Can't think of any? Yeah right, that's because they're dead mostly due to piracy or random attacks from other alliances. Those who still survived are suffering from raids every single day and night and are forced to either disband and join another alliance, sign a treaty with the big alliances or quit the game due to the frustration that they could no longer handle.

Nowadays, if you want to start your own alliance, you'll have to join a big alliance, get stocked and then make your own alliance which is usually treatied to the alliance that you previously came from. Or you'll need to have a good connection to one of the top 50's alliance and discuss about treaties before you create your alliance.

It's just impossible to play the game in a micro alliance with no treaties now that everyone is always craving for loot. Having a crappy treaty with an alliance that is not in top 50 will also gives you endless pain from raiders that your protector can't handle. Many micros tried to treaty with each other to protect themselves against threats from the world, and what's the result? Yep, still dead or barely alive.

The fact that you can no longer have your own alliance without having to depend on the big alliances just really shows how cruel this game can be. The big alliances keeps getting bigger and more whale while the small ones gets raided to ashes and blown away if they even try to post a DoE on the forums. ( Yeah posting that stuff is just a death sentence to your alliance if you don't have a treaty beforehand ). The raiding mechanics aren't bad, but it's just a pain in every part of a micro because somewhere in PnW, there will always be that one toxic player that likes to loot micros all the time.

So, in conclusion, will there be a way for micros to survive in Orbis without a treaty? Can they ever have a good time enjoying the game independently? From my experience of having to lose an alliance in the past and had to reroll, the answer will always be a big fat NO and it'll probably never change.

Thank you for reading my useless midnight Orbis Ted-Talk with poor grammar ( I think ). Have a good day.

 

( P.s: I'm bored and posting this probably wasn't a good idea. Also alliances on white blocs aren't peaceful as you think )

I personally started an alliance as a one man and slowly but surely worked an alliance past top 50 and top 40 and 30, I didn't do it alone I have great co-govs today but when The Stratosphere 1.0 started it was just me with zero connections to any major alliance until we got signed by Spartan Union who was #48 at the time. It can still be done it just takes time and effort. I'd never held a single gov position before leading STS but learning on the fly and being resourceful and exploiting opportunities is all it takes. 

Edited by Dave III
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2021 at 2:42 PM, Cpt Crunch said:

Bro just get good at raiding. Lmao nothing is easy. But to say "get a prot or quit" is idiotic. 

I dont really think you realise he was the head of the amarrian raiding department

 

On 5/13/2021 at 3:28 PM, Aglet Green said:

It is totally achievable.  Not for me perhaps-- at C3, I simply don't have the nation score required to form an alliance-- but it is certainly achievable.  It simply requires focus and commitment.  Unfortunately, you are committed to two mutually opposing goals and thus lack focus.  Clarify which goal is most important to you, go for it, commit to it, do anything for it... and you can achieve it.  

First, your alliance has 2 people in it, so it's not half-anarchic.  It's fully anarchic: you both do what you want, apparently.

Secondly, you can't grow a micro if you keep creating them and disbanding them.  You didn't even give your "Hey let's celebrate some random Vietnam day!" micro more than a week or two before disbanding it.  And no one creates a thread like this if that was your only failed micro, so I assume there were other attempts you gave up on.

Third, if you are creating a micro this week (I'll revise this in June based on your next micro) based on being a mercenary company, then I'd better see a head of Milcom in there that's worked for Lucianus, Grave, Allend, Shiho, Kaz, or any of the other Milcoms out there.  The whole point of being a soldier-of-fortune is that you were once trained a soldier somewhere.  I don't know why your mercenary micro is failing but I guarantee you that if Mike and Potpie started a 2-person micro "Li'l Rose Petals" tomorrow, they'd have 100 people in it by June.  No treaties needed.  And those are just two random people I picked off the top of my head.  If they can do it, why can't you two?

Rose once only had 1 person in it.  Probably Callisto/Sax.  The $yndicate once only had one person in it.  The Knights Radiant once only had one person in it, and it was a girl who thought this was a book club about Sanderson.  All alliances were once one-person micros.  Which means any current micro might one day be the next #1 alliance. 

Don't quit on yourself, don't disband your alliance at the first sign of trouble, show you have dedication and commitment, and anything is possible.

Its not fully anarchic, i have multiple screenshots with him telling me to do things, and me giving him advise. plus were both milcom trained,

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reality is quite simple.

Most of these players fricking suck and the good ones go to The $yndicate and spread onto our sphere.

 

This is a fact and everyone should just embrace it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
Lxr4VfE.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ShanersUEC said:

I dont really think you realise he was the head of the amarrian raiding department

 

Its not fully anarchic, i have multiple screenshots with him telling me to do things, and me giving him advise. plus were both milcom trained,

https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=931599

You 13 city guy attack a 19 city guy who then defeats you quickly.

militarytraining1.jpg

militarytraining2.jpg

If micros want to succeed they got to stop hiring "milcom trained" guys to run their military. Johnson sphere had the same problem with their "competent milcom trained gov". Also someone giving and receiving advice is a completely normal human interaction and screenshots are not necessary in this circumstance. Your alliance still has little to no structure and is why it was called anarchic. People in Arrgh give each other advice all the time and coordinate as well but the alliance is still complete chaos. Anyways goodluck with your alliance still, I have hired mercs before to help me raid NAC back in the day and it really paid off in the end for me. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, ShanersUEC said:

I dont really think you realise he was the head of the amarrian raiding department

Never heard of them. So you just proved my point. Armarrian? Must he some shit mirco he was head of. Fight a war other than getting dogpiled or dogpiling Or show real evidence of the ability to pull in big loot. Otherwise my point still stands. Just get good at raiding or get a prot. Stop crying about. If every micro made it, than the political outlook of this game would be a shit show daily. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.