a Statment from Hansarius and the United Purple Nations

Ole

I was thought there might be a bandwagon on this post.

The treaty gets suspended when military obligations are conflicted, I didn't write it so don't blame me

Hah, well played. Well played indeed.

One day it will come back to bite you in the ass.

Edited by Charles the Tyrant

Untitled.png

EqAY2SA.png

meow meow meow meow meow meow

FIFY

• Upvote 5

When the leaks happened, you, Saru and I had a private conversation about the matter. You grieved about the manner in which the $yndicate plays politics. It is amusing to see your willingness to devolve into the very style of politics which you find so reprehensible, when given the opportunity to do so. We are much alike, after all. That is not necessarily a slight, but it is an observation that will alter the manner in which I will approach you in future interactions.

One small factual correction must be made:

Paragon as an entity was your rival. This was a rational assessment made by Paragon top government as a whole, following our formation, and was primarily based on the natural rivalry that was likely to develop between our blocs by virtue of us being the only powerclusters left. VE and Rose were both equally on board with the prospect of fighting the Covenant, as tS was. Ole is in posession of logs that prove this claim. The prime gripe of VE with a war on UPN was the order in which to move, and the methods to be used. Specifically:

- tS wished to work with Arrgh and TEst, as outlined in the leaked plans

- VE wished to target TEst either alongside UPN, or prior to targeting UPN (making it two successive wars).

This too, was readily apparent in the logs which your own government (Ole) has seen. You made a conscious decision to turn us into a long-term rival following the leaks, and to ally the entente despite its equal willingness to attack you. Attempts at normalizing relations were made on tS' part, but fell in vain. We are your rival by virtue of existing at this point. We are at peace with that, and it is good to know where we stand. 

It is too late for reconciliation now. I will be happy to revisit these topics once all is said and done. Perhaps we can find common ground one day. Perhaps not. Time will tell.

You're wrong. Impero bouncing ideas back to you and VE wishing something, or being "on board" are totally different things. Didn't you cite the fact that we didn't want to hit TC when you left Paragon?

Anyway, you deserve a bit of a smackdown for your actions toward UPN, and its been awesome seeing Phiney getting the righteous beatdown he was able to skate out of last war :P

Edited by Goldie

You're wrong. Impero bouncing ideas back to you and VE wishing something, or being "on board" are totally different things. Didn't you cite the fact that we didn't want to hit TC when you left Paragon?

Anyway, its been awesome seeing Phiney getting the righteous beatdown he was able to skate out of last war :P

No, we never cited that as it is not a 'fact'. When we left Paragon, we cited the various events that had led to the deterioration of tS-VE relations from tS' perspective. We understood that you were upset with the leaks. Fair enough. tS however, did not see a foundation to base continued cooperation on. That too, was conveyed to you with utmost detail.

As for Impero 'bouncing ideas back to me'. You are incorrect. There has been a variety of discussions on the matter, both in private queries and Paragon top government channels, regarding the matter.

Feel free to contact me on it and we can discuss it more in-depth. We seem to be derailing the topic at hand a bit towards the VE-tS relationship, and that is not my intention. 

EDIT: saw the edit :P. War is war. We'll fight.

Edited by Partisan
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

• G'Kar locked this topic