a Statment from Hansarius and the United Purple Nations

Ole

So the strategy is to ally with all the very top alliances, and then get them to help you hit several drastically smaller alliances. Because they are "a threat." But obviously the threat isn't significant, or you know DEIC wouldn't have stirred its bulk into a bumbling wobble towards the front line. 

Sure, you'll win. But you won't get any congratulations from me, because you will have accomplished nothing worthy of note. 

So the strategy is to ally with all the very top alliances, and then get them to help you hit several drastically smaller alliances. Because they are "a threat." But obviously the threat isn't significant, or you know DEIC wouldn't have stirred its bulk into a bumbling wobble towards the front line. 

Sure, you'll win. But you won't get any congratulations from me, because you will have accomplished nothing worthy of note. 

ITT Mensa forgets they're allied to UPN.

I don't think DEIC or BoC were top alliances by score when they signed with UPN.

ITT Mensa forgets it is allied to UPN

I didn't forget anything. Sometimes allies don't agree, and we are also allied to tS. 

Edited by Avruch
  • Upvote 1

I don't think DEIC or BoC were top alliances by score when they signed with UPN.

Guardian and VoC were the #1 and #2 scored alliances in the game respectively when PPC allied them. Of course that was back in alpha but TC is pretty much a continuation of PPC and UPN/VoC relations.

BoC might have been top 10 when they entered TC but also might not have been. Someone go check the alliance power rankings for this date last year (a bit after TC was formed but w/e, close enough)

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

No, we never cited that as it is not a 'fact'. When we left Paragon, we cited the various events that had led to the deterioration of tS-VE relations from tS' perspective. We understood that you were upset with the leaks. Fair enough. tS however, did not see a foundation to base continued cooperation on. That too, was conveyed to you with utmost detail.

As for Impero 'bouncing ideas back to me'. You are incorrect. There has been a variety of discussions on the matter, both in private queries and Paragon top government channels, regarding the matter.

Feel free to contact me on it and we can discuss it more in-depth. We seem to be derailing the topic at hand a bit towards the VE-tS relationship, and that is not my intention. 

EDIT: saw the edit :P. War is war. We'll fight.

You're a liar. Regardless if we bounced ideas around, VE talked extensively with UPN and helped prevent them from attacking you when you left Pargon. You continue to slander us, even to this day.

o/ UPN. Give them hell.

Viridian Entente

Secretary of State

You're a liar. Regardless if we bounced ideas around, VE talked extensively with UPN and helped prevent them from attacking you when you left Pargon. You continue to slander us, even to this day.

o/ UPN. Give them hell.

Ve = hipocrits. Might as well add it to the vocabulars.

It was designed to bite us in the ass. 

We object to this statement and find it factually inaccurate, my good man.

The clause is in the treaty because when our alliances signed, it was at the height of SK-Guardian, and there were worries on both sides that either UPN or Guardian was gonna go after each other again, and we'd get end up with a treaty conflict. It's in the treaty because we mutually agreed we wanted to avoid that.

I did write the clause, but as I just showed you a in logs, I told Mort "add, edit, or delete to your hearts content"

UPN's your #1 ally, and you guys roll with them. We have no problem with that. We expected you to roll tanks with them. We talked, and you told Us that if tanks rolled, you'd be on UPN's side (as SK expected you would.)  We both agreed on the clause for a reason, because we both recognized we each had allies that were more important to each other, and so we rationally designed a clause that would eliminate treaty conflict if those allies clashed.

There's no need for revisionist history making it into something that was designed specifically to bite DEIC in the ass.

(Logs for everyones reference: http://pastebin.com/hkKxs6Ad )

*Edited to correct mistaken memory on my part, and incorrect characterization of what Mort said.

Edited by Tenages
  • Upvote 3
wF9Bjre.gif

TIME TO PROFIT!

Yeah, not yet buddy. The only war resource really "exploding" in price is steel, and that's just obvious. Steel is the single most important war resource of them all. I think it'll take a while (who knows, maybe 1-5 days) for the others to really get up there where they're most profitable. 

You're right though, war profiteering is epic! Just be sure you maintain a warchest :P

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

Those of you involved in this war, allay your fears; conduct yourselves as you have done in previous wars, like valiant soldiers! In a few days you will witness peace and tranquillity restored; your nations will be rebuilt and you will rejoice in happiness in the bosom of your alliance.

In the mean time.... don't forget to purchase my Gasoline and Munitions.

• Upvote 1
ztt5Wgs.png

^ I'm surprised the usual troll crowd hasn't made its notorious appearance. 

• Upvote 1
[22:05] <&Clarke> And what do you do Ivan?

[22:05] <&Clarke> Do you make artwork and stuff

[22:05] <@Goomy> he sort of prances about fabulously 

• G'Kar locked this topic