Peace in our Time

BigMorf

10 minutes ago, alyster said:

I am surprised by the ammount of butthurt here. For starters lets get to a point that this is not a secret treaty. Majority of the people crying over this here are from alliances who have had similar agreements left and right. No one just has posted them publicly. 

Secondly. Why does Clock think they get to keep doing double wars. Roll the Back Door, don’t rebuy infra and roll either Rose or HW while it’s cheap. Seems kinda boring.

how is it boring if it produces priceless entertainment like this though tbh

• Haha 4

Worst Poster Ever (2011)
zapdos.jpg.28ab9e9c974c8dc4fc52998d0e3adf14.jpg

8 minutes ago, Alexander the Great said:

All of you people thinking that everyone who disagrees with your decision wants to randomly attack your precious pixels are delusional and paranoid in the highest, most extreme degree.  

You realise a lot of people were using that as one such example for justifying Article 3 because at the end of the day its basically the same as adding warranty to something. 9 times out of 10 you will never make your money back, but that hypothetical 1 in 10 makes you do it anyway.
This is basically the current scenario, the odds of either of them being jumped is quite low, but neither of them want to bear the full costs of a blitz especially after just demilitarizing. So the treaty that literally affects nobody and will vanish after the current war.

28 minutes ago, Alexander the Great said:

The issue that I (and most of Aurora & friends) have seen, is game stagnation. 

This is a game. That exists. For war too. Not just politics

It's amazing how you can condemn game stagnation in one sentence and in the next say we should stop doing politics (which adds more flavour) and just do war. 
Doesn't that sound like a lovely idea? We just all set an alarm, when it goes off we punch each other in the face and then go back to sleep. That sounds like a totally diverse and entertaining game! 

The thing is, a lot of players find enjoyment from the buildup to a war and the conflict that goes on. Shit will be boring if the reason for going to war is just "we haven't had one in a while". 

• Upvote 2

Out of curiosity, if a nation in either of these spheres...forgets to demil, I'm free to help ensure treaty compliance right? I wouldn't be countered for helping get rid of their now illegal tanks and soldiers, and in fact should be compensated for my efforts?

I'm just trying to see if I'm reading this right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JadenStar10 said:

Wall of Shame

Since I was pinged here, I might as well give my two cents on this. First off, I don't represent any alliance/sphere so don't go taking my word as any spheres/alliances stance.

Regardless whether or not article 3 was included, the post was gonna get shit on anyway. Why? Because of this idea of now that Clock has entered into a war with The Back Rooms, that Celestial and Hollywood are gonna duke it out right now. That time will come whether it will be later this year or next year, and it's gonna be a massive war since 4 of the top 5 alliances in score will be involved (assuming no major changes happen in Celestial or Hollywood from now). But both spheres have made it clear they do not want to fight each other right now since the end of GW 22.

As for article 3, I'm not a big fan of it personally. But I believe the reason for it is too prevent either sphere from being hit while partially/fully demilled (which I don't think would happen but you would feel better at night knowing so). And you can call me a pixel hugger or hypocrite or say that TKRo$e is a hegemony and they are gonna roll the entire game like NPO or whatever, that's how politics work, it's all about pushing agendas. But comparing both treaties, the oasis-mystery treaty was to prevent clock from hitting either sphere because they knew it was gonna happen. As for this one, both spheres don't wanna stay milled up if they aren't gonna use their militaries. so it makes sense that both parties want to demill with a guarantee that either sphere won't be hit because they chose not to fight when everyone else said they have to fight now.

I spent too much time on this. So I'm gonna stop now before I start craving FA again.

• Upvote 4

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

11 minutes ago, HeroofTime55 said:

how is it boring if it produces priceless entertainment like this though tbh

Unfortunately, you've completely missed the mark. The communal moaning from Clock in this thread is said 'priceless entertainment', which while I'm sure really ruins any plans these alliances had to statpad and boast about their ingenuity, was pre-empted. And judging by this communal moaning, there were plans to statpad post-haste. I think that's hilarious, too.

I had my fun prior with my low tier trolling, but to those who are seriously butthurt over this public announcement (like hello? pats on the back for transparency please) everyone from HW & Ro$e (Yes, they're still separate spheres. Unless someone is stupid enough to activate this temporary and conditional MDP) is laughing at you. Clock is the laughing stock.

1 minute ago, ToxicPepper said:

“Why does Clock think they get to keep doing double wars.” 

You mean the ONE time we did it?

You mean every time you've gone to a global war? 

Also judging by the flood of comments here, quite obviously the plan this time around as well. You guys need a new trick. Last one was fun, this time it's getting old. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

Please go back and read the comment of when Minc and Oasis linked up. Much of what is being said now is no different. Joining blocs temporarily is in poor taste. 

This is not a linking of blocs nor two blocs' MDP. This is conditional demilitarization: agreed by 2 sides when the game has 4 blocs militarized. And again this is way easier thing than what the game has been agreeing upon as secret treaties ever since GW16. Just that this is not a secret treaty. I know it's hard to belive, since Rose is one of the signatories but oh well. 

• Downvote 10

3 minutes ago, alyster said:

This is not a linking of blocs nor two blocs' MDP. This is conditional demilitarization: agreed by 2 sides when the game has 4 blocs militarized. And again this is way easier thing than what the game has been agreeing upon as secret treaties ever since GW16. Just that this is not a secret treaty. I know it's hard to belive, since Rose is one of the signatories but oh well. 

Why don't they just fight each other instead of complaining about people being militarized. Y'all always complain about their not being enough wars. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

1 minute ago, James II said:

Why don't they just fight each other instead of complaining about people being militarized. Y'all always complain about their not being enough wars. 

They're not your entertainment.

If this treaty sticks beyond the war, then we can !@#$ and moan.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, James II said:

Aint no one got time for a war in May.

• Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, James II said:

Seems like the two, now one, spheres don't ever have time for war. 

Quite a lot of tears for a simple demilitarization. But keep trying. B for effort.

5 minutes ago, Leftbehind said:

It literally says if one of the blocs gets hit the other will aid them. No matter the reason for article 3 that is a MDP which links the bloc. 

All HW or Ro$e had to do was say "Hey we are decomming as there is no reason for us to fight" adding the defense part was just poor form.

It says if either one gets hit by currently militarized blocs and it’s void when they decom. So very MDoAP. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, Thalmor said:

The displeasure is game-wide. People from all spheres and alignments have expressed some kind of negative emotion in reaction to this treaty- including from within Celestial and Hollywood.

Show me on the doll where the time people touched you. 

Counter offer, show me who in Celes/Hlwd and when they were expressing their grievances. One or two complaints, in the grand scheme of things... well, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

• Downvote 9

7 hours ago, Sam Cooper said:

You got Tyrion doing your FA?

on a :serious: note, if someone militarizes to counter a pirate, it'll be a violation of these terms, right? asking for a friend.

Classic banter 🤣👏

• Like 1