Peace in our Time

BigMorf

2 minutes ago, Hodor said:

I'm doing a lot of work trying to help y'all understand something that is super detrimental to me.

You don’t have to speak slowly; it’s more of it just being wildly unrealistic, so I don’t usually tease the impractical ideas that are used as justification or a “way to solve it” for others.

11 minutes ago, His Holy Decagon said:

You don’t have to speak slowly; it’s more of it just being wildly unrealistic, so I don’t usually tease the impractical ideas that are used as justification or a “way to solve it” for others.

Oh yea, we agree on that.

3 hours ago, Hodor said:

The risks of taking this move are minimal. Neither BR, Clock, or their combined forces are in any position to do anything about it. If it were made privately, there would be more fallout, but arguably it would be justified because it would only be found out if Clock made a move to attack ro$e or HW. It being made publicly eliminates at least the "SEKRIT TREATY" argument and actively deters any moves against the parties involved (which, many have hinted here, it may have done).

Now, I was not super happy to hear this move was in the making specifically for article 3, but mostly because I think that moves like this should have consequences. When a move can be made regardless of any PR fallout because no one can do anything about it, some scrutiny is necessary.

If there were a risk of a blow back which was more threatening than the threat this agreement was meant to address, the agreement wouldn't have been entered into.

That being said, extraordinary measures have been taken before, consequences aren't outside the realm of possible... but certainly wouldn't be easy

4 hours ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

The real irony here is that Hollywood's first war was a chain war but the same standard wasn't held to them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haven't seen one person from Hollywood respond to this. 🤡

• Upvote 2

TCM3_1_281x175.png.d5f909d45f36d3dcb3722580e7b7ecc2.png
Coal Duke (Imperator Emeritus) of The Coal Mines
Diety Emeritus of The Immortals, Patres Conscripti (President Emeritus) of the Independent Republic of Orange Nations, Lieutenant Emeritus of Black Skies, Imperator Emeritus of the Valyrian Freehold, Imperator Emeritus of the Divine Phoenix, Prefect Emeritus of Carthago, Regent Emeritus of the New Polar Order

5 hours ago, KindaEpicMoah said:

The real irony here is that Hollywood's first war was a chain war but the same standard wasn't held to them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17 minutes ago, JadenStar10 said:

Haven't seen one person from Hollywood respond to this. 🤡

How are we defining chain war here? Cus p sure we just straight up declared war in Guns & Roses?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

He had the quoted message in the message you just responded to for your convenience. But as you are busy and are unable to read the full posts you are replying to, I will post the question again:

I've asked this question in several settings and have yet to receive an answer. It appears that everyone seems to be busy at the same time when this question comes up. Hopefully you can get some free time to read folks' complaints/thoughts on your recent move. With the additional context - perhaps your (and your kin's) rhetoric trying to justify said move will be able to address the concerns directly going forward.

I can understand what you're talking about, I did try to answer that last night, I forgot about that, but logged off before I finished. I forget exactly what my thought process was, I'm sure there was something brilliant, since I was like 7 cups of coffee by that point of the night, But that's besides the point.

I think some people here have addressed to an extent the issue of the precedent, But I'll give it my best shot. I don't think it will become a precedent due to the fact that it's Not exactly common for this situation to align for it to happen. It happened with Oasis and mystery Inc, if my memory serves, and both got absolutely rocked for it. It's happening right now, because both celestials and Hollywood, are suspicious of Clock.

I wasn't involved in the decision making for this, but I imagine a large part of it was driven by the fact that neither sphere trusts clock, and both expect them, or did expect them at least, to try to do the same thing they did when they fought Oasis, which is beat the hell out of a weak sphere, Make people think that that sphere was the target they wanted, And then when their actual target relaxes, and let's down its guard, they get blitzed. I don't think this is going to become a common thing, because most spheres are not going to try to do what clock did in the past, and most spheres are trusted enough to be taken at their word when they say who their target is. 

At the end of the day, to summarize what I'm trying to say, posting on the forums on a cell phone while at work is really annoying, is that this won't become a precedent due to the fact that this is an out of the ordinary situation. Most spheres are not mistrusted to the extent that no one believes what they say, and most spheres are not expected to use beating up on one weak sphere as a distraction to attack a different sphere that was distracted and not expecting war.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Hodor said:

How are we defining chain war here? Cus p sure we just straight up declared war in Guns & Roses?

TKRsphere had just finished fighting Swamp and Hedgemoney had just finished fighting the Johnsons when they formed Hollywood and hit Rose.

Are we saying that chained wars specifically have to be declared without any time between them? Then I could understand how Guns and Roses isn't considered an chained war since there was a 4-5 day long period between wars, but the main concern about chaining wars seems to be the advantage the aggressor garners from having low infra. Neither TKRsphere nor (if I recall correctly, I'm not sure) HM rebuilt after their wars, so they had that advantage over Rose.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

For the record, I dont trust either bloc so its either do this, or stay milled up for the next few weeks staring at Ro$e, and occasionally glancing at Clock.  I didn't really want to stay milled up for the next few weeks and the less I have to look at the both of you the better, you are both hideous.

image.jpeg.e61fb3ade1c1777ac8ade7fb754260f7.jpeg

Then don't stay milled up for the next few weeks glaring at Rose and sign the original treaty without Article 3. It is honestly pathetic that the famed military power Hollywood/GOB would need an alliance like Rose or Syndicate to guarantee your safety but I guess you overexaggerated a bit about the competency and preparedness of your sphere and alliance.

9 minutes ago, Mayor said:

Then don't stay milled up for the next few weeks glaring at Rose and sign the original treaty without Article 3. It is honestly pathetic that the famed military power Hollywood/GOB would need an alliance like Rose or Syndicate to guarantee your safety but I guess you overexaggerated a bit about the competency and preparedness of your sphere and alliance.

Fully milled we probably lose to Ro$e, de-milled we probably lose to Clock.  I am not interested in hitting Clock while its fighting a war with someone else.  So this way I can continue to put off the extreme amount of effort that it takes to properly run a war.  In true Grumpy tradition, I just want to keep you damn kids off my lawn as long as possible.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

For the record, I dont trust either bloc so its either do this, or stay milled up for the next few weeks staring at Ro$e, and occasionally glancing at Clock.  I didn't really want to stay milled up for the next few weeks and the less I have to look at the both of you the better, you are both hideous.

image.jpeg.8f885ae252da90b99307f0775bbd7ce7.jpeg

You dont trust me?

Screenshot_20220525-221856_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220525-221900_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

os9LcJK.gif

5 hours ago, Alexander the Great said:

image_2022-05-25_101350362.png

My friend, we are not the ones who are mad. 

The sodium in this thread has forced my doctor to ban all sodium intake for the rest of my life. Good bye sweet popcorn. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

big_morph-sig.jpg.dc5493086dfd6fa978316880fe6a6c62.jpg

The Knights Radiant 
Ghostblood Babsk of Foreign Affairs

Journey before Destination.

47 minutes ago, Blink said:

Please let Econ know you’ve doubled the repayment time. 

Meow. Looks like he struck a nerve.

• Haha 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

21 minutes ago, BigMorf said:

My friend, we are not the ones who are mad. 

The sodium in this thread has forced my doctor to ban all sodium intake for the rest of my life. Good bye sweet popcorn. 

You mean salty popcorn

Just going to chime in briefly that I don't think this move is that crazy because it's simply to allow the two spheres to demilitarize instead of militarizing for the remainder of the war.  Granted, this does then apply an incentive to the current combatants to keep things short (which I don't really think is a bad thing) or fall behind on tiering/econ progress.  

Most folks here are acting like HW and Celestial are scared of a confrontation with Clock,  but I think Clock versus either sphere would be a good war if both spheres are militarized.  I doubt either sphere feels threatened such that they need another ally like the Swamp-Oasis treaty; instead this is just to allow both spheres to find an economic advantage with lower MMR.  That's how it's been marketed internally to me by my gov, and I honestly doubt T$/Rose or the rest of HW feels any different about it.  

Personally, would be happy to see any of the three spheres get into a war because I think any of the matchups would be fun to watch.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 13

Oooh, a 10-page thread. I haven't seen one of these in a few years. 

Anyways, I commend the parties involved for doing this in a public matter for all to see and judge. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3