The war so far

Avruch

Pantheon, Rose, Syndicate - in that order so far.  Beyond that, it's really hard to rate alliances, but those three have been dealing with lots of adversary from several different directions and have managed to weather the storm exceptionally well.

Syndicate is literally third because it's expected of them to exceed expectations, everybody should take note on how they performed this war against 7 alliances.

Personally tS exceeded my expected exceeded expectations 

• Upvote 1

C0r3Fye.png

He's talking about TKR, not understanding the political considerations involved with that. Additionally, it doesn't really seem too evident to him that the point of the mass hit on tS was to disrupt their all planes strategy which got messed up by the server glitch, since the additional MAP was crucial which severely complicated the front and left them with clogged up defensive slots. If you plan an attack based on game mechanics being functional and they aren't, it will go badly.

The glitch is an excuse. If that was all it took to completely fumble your blitz, your planning was already shit tier. 

but if we're not unkillable why arent you killing us yet?

Your allies failed to damage us enough to get into range. We're in an awkward position where we've planned to take more damage so we could wade in and fight in the lower tiers, because your allies failed to meet our expectations.

• Upvote 2

The glitch is an excuse. If that was all it took to completely fumble your blitz, your planning was already shit tier. 

If the plan is specifically to pile on Syndicate initially to break their all planes strategy, then if that goes awry, it's going to affect the rest. I'm not really sure what sort of magic you were expecting. At the end of the day, everyone knows there's an activity disparity between the side, so we needed more things to go right initially than the other side. Trying to ground tS on the tarmac was the only option in lieu of not being able to preempt TKR. If you guys want to pat yourselves on the back for playing on easy mode, it's cool, but let's not pretend there was a massive advantage. We had the alliances that were willing to take risks and our side has its limitations. 

I don't entirely blame it on the glitch since our blitz was a bit fumbled alongside Pantheon's speedy counter. The first few days were already pretty bad for the upper tier, though this is still early in the war, we got some rounds left and a fair bit of us can still fight.

Strummy getting wiped, tho :(

Z98SzIG.png

So the excuses for why your side lost the war have already begun. That was quick

Not losing yet, we still got some rounds left. :P

Though it's safe to say a few alliances are well knocked out already.

Z98SzIG.png

Haha, playing on easy mode. You went into the war with a substantial advantage in score and a massive advantage in players. And you planned the attack, and had the first mover advantage (which in this game is massive). And now you say that our side is winning because we're playing on easy mode? 

According to your own stats, it was 1.65m to 1.58m. That's not a huge score advantage especially when wild cards joined in on your side later on.  The players advantage is mitigated by ranges and activity levels. The first mover advantage was mitigated by the fact that your side had militarized first and be on alert for almost a week and told people to be on at update at almost every night along with the server gilitch. It was always going to be an uphill battle. Your side is playing on easy mode because it consolidates the most active alliances and people see it as the safe move. Everyone knows it.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

All those MAPs to do what? Gain ground and then try and take out our air?

I hate to tell you, Roq, but most of your people had lost too many planes for that even before update. Air superiority wasn't going to happen, and those that were gaining any traction were getting dragged down fast.

That one MAP might have gained you a few hours, but that might even be a stretch considering it delayed our rebuy significantly allowing for full counters (and we didn't get that MAP either) but we still managed to climb back out of that hole.

It wasn't the MAP. It was a bunch of examples of your nations not being able to seal the deal quickly, or being knocked out of commission early.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented
  • Upvote 2

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

BK's blitz was also botched because of the server glitch, so that 1 essential MAP was missing and the entire alliance was disoriented when Pantheon jumped in. The alliance also had a lot of isolated upper tier members and no real solid upper tier, so BK wasn't able to press Pantheon or Rose sufficiently. And now with FA issues with TKR and Mensa and TKR DoWing on BK, there's going to be even more issues these next rounds. The mid and low tiers are managing to hold on but I doubt that's going to be enough. 

The way BK moved out of the Syndisphere made a serious FA mess. 

We ourselves were surprised that we weren't preemptively blitzed, particularly when you consider that seven alliances went after t$

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

He's talking about TKR, not understanding the political considerations involved with that. 

Not only TKR, but Pantheon and Guardian. And don't tell me the combined upper tier of your sphere can't take out 20 nations. 

Are you trying to tell us that at no point did you realise BK, Zodiac and CS attacking Syndiphere was tantamount to political suicide?

If the plan is specifically to pile on Syndicate initially to break their all planes strategy, then if that goes awry, it's going to affect the rest. I'm not really sure what sort of magic you were expecting. At the end of the day, everyone knows there's an activity disparity between the side, so we needed more things to go right initially than the other side. Trying to ground tS on the tarmac was the only option in lieu of not being able to preempt TKR. If you guys want to pat yourselves on the back for playing on easy mode, it's cool, but let's not pretend there was a massive advantage. We had the alliances that were willing to take risks and our side has its limitations.

You didn't have a single plan if that didn't work out? You probably shouldn't have gone to war then.

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

we have won the war guys you all can decom now :P 

• Upvote 1

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

We ourselves were surprised that we weren't preemptively blitzed, particularly when you consider that seven alliances went after t$

I'm really pleased you guys were underestimated this war and got a chance to impress everyone. It's something I was hoping would happen in the Pantheon-Test war, and then got delayed when Fist had a nap. :P

• Upvote 2

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

All those MAPs to do what? Gain ground and then try and take out our air?

I hate to tell you, Roq, but most of your people had lost too many planes for that even before update. Air superiority wasn't going to happen, and those that were gaining any traction were getting dragged down fast.

That one MAP might have gained you a few hours, but that might even be a stretch considering it delayed our rebuy significantly allowing for full counters (and we didn't get that MAP either) but we still managed to climb back out of that hole.

It wasn't the MAP. It was a bunch of examples of your nations not being able to seal the deal quickly, or being knocked out of commission early.

I'm not going to look at every war to see the specifics, but there are enough instances where the tS nations were able to get a dogfight in because the nation that declared on them couldn't do the air after update. If people messed up individually then,  it adds to my other point.

Not only TKR, but Pantheon and Guardian. And don't tell me the combined upper tier of your sphere can't take out 20 nations. 

Are you trying to tell us that at no point did you realise BK, Zodiac and CS attacking Syndiphere was tantamount to political suicide?

Who was supposed to hit Pantheon? Let me know.  As for Guardian, so if you wanted us to commit the upper tier of our side to try to cover Guardian, that leaves them open with no chance against the other upper tier alliances. With the nations above 4k score, there was no chance to begin wit. 

There was no desire to attack before it became clear that the other side would aggress if we did not.

Your side is playing on easy mode because it consolidates the most active alliances and people see it as the safe move.

At the end of the day, everyone knows there's an activity disparity between the side... If you guys want to pat yourselves on the back for playing on easy mode

"yeah mr. Ronaldo, you won the Champions League just because you're good at kicking the ball, that's playing on easy mode"

"yeah mr. Bryant, you won the NBA championship just because you're very good at shooting the ball into the basket, that's playing on easy mode"

"yeah mr. Mayweather, you won the belt because your punches are fast and powerful, that's playing on easy mode"

It's not an easy mode, it's the !@#$ing point of this game

According to your own stats, it was 1.65m to 1.58m. That's not a huge score advantage especially when wild cards joined in on your side later on.  The players advantage is mitigated by ranges and activity levels. The first mover advantage was mitigated by the fact that your side had militarized first and be on alert for almost a week and told people to be on at update at almost every night along with the server gilitch. It was always going to be an uphill battle. Your side is playing on easy mode because it consolidates the most active alliances and people see it as the safe move. Everyone knows it.

Ok.

Easy mode?  I should show all of my PMs on contacting and reasoning with people.  You know, playing the political side of the war.   !@#$ easy mode...

You made it easy mode with a crap reasoning for war.  Had you just simply stated, "A war needed to happen", you'd probably have maintained more cohesion among your friendly/allied alliances.

Also, the whole strategy behind dogpiling an alliance with 6+ alliances?  That's not going to work, especially with how wide this war was on score tiers and how slow a low city count majority moves a front.

This war was 'easy mode' because you made it easy.  You're still bogged down on Syndicate while the rest of us are moving around freely on multiple fronts.

EDIT:

You have 100ish Nations in NPO.  The vast majority of them at 9 cities.  If you're going to compete against Syndicate, TKR, Pantheon, or any other large alliance - you have to match up to them and carry your weight.  The days of "up declaring" are hindered now and you're simply showing that it's not being effective at your score tier.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Who was supposed to hit Pantheon? 

Cant say for the rest of the alliance, but there were plenty of nations on your side available to occupy/disable our top tier.

There was two attacks, on one nation, which we countered within five minutes.

No coordination between your top fellas at all. I'm guessing we were largely glossed over with - 'those pixel hugging guys wont do much' - Sorry about that

Edited by Printer635
  • Upvote 3

We're resisting the establishment, of course.

we have won the war guys you all can decom now :P

War's not over bro, we still got a few rounds left, we'll be damned if BK doesn't get past round 3. :P

Z98SzIG.png

We're resisting the establishment, of course.

War's not over bro, we still got a few rounds left, we'll be damned if BK doesn't get past round 3. :P

The war is over. It was over when it started. Edited by Jacob Moore
Lxr4VfE.png

Ok.

Easy mode?  I should show all of my PMs on contacting and reasoning with people.  You know, playing the political side of the war.   !@#$ easy mode...

You made it easy mode with a crap reasoning for war.  Had you just simply stated, "A war needed to happen", you'd probably have maintained more cohesion among your friendly/allied alliances.

Also, the whole strategy behind dogpiling an alliance with 6+ alliances?  That's not going to work, especially with how wide this war was on score tiers and how slow a low city count majority moves a front.

This war was 'easy mode' because you made it easy.  You're still bogged down on Syndicate while the rest of us are moving around freely on multiple fronts.

EDIT:

You have 100ish Nations in NPO.  The vast majority of them at 9 cities.  If you're going to compete against Syndicate, TKR, Pantheon, or any other large alliance - you have to match up to them and carry your weight.  The days of "up declaring" are hindered now and you're simply showing that it's not being effective at your score tier.

Not really sure how it was a crap reasoning for war. We didn't want a war and the joint decom was offered for that reason. If there was no evidence of you planning to go on the offensive against our side, ithen the decision wouldn't have been made.

I'm not really sure why you think it had been an ambition of ours to compete against those alliances since not even a month and a half ago were  we totally isolated and constantly goaded. You were also attacking isolated alliances with nations in range including one of our allies. 

Printer635, on 18 Apr 2017 - 08:40 AM, said:

Cant say for the rest of the alliance, but there were plenty of nations on your side available to occupy/disable our top tier.

There was two attacks, on one nation, which we countered within five minutes.

No coordination between your top fellas at all. I'm guessing we were largely glossed over with - 'those pixel hugging guys wont do much' - Sorry about that

You're missing the point and looking at Pantheon in a vacuum. If those nations hit Pantheon, they get countered by the TKR upper tier, Commonwealth, The Coalition or Guardian or so on. The quantity of upper tier nations to beat all of them didn't exist.

You're missing the point and looking at Pantheon in a vacuum. If those nations hit Pantheon, they get countered by the TKR upper tier, Commonwealth, The Coalition or Guardian or so on. The quantity of upper tier nations to beat all of them didn't exist.

Agreed they would have been, but that surely would have better than doing nothing at all? 

Edited by Printer635