The war so far

Avruch

Agreed they would have been, but that surely would have better than doing nothing at all? 

The upper tier nations that were available uitilized in other ways that were more impactful for their limited quantity.

Not really sure how it was a crap reasoning for war. We didn't want a war and the joint decom was offered for that reason. If there was no evidence of you planning to go on the offensive against our side, ithen the decision wouldn't have been made.

I'm not really sure why you think it had been an ambition of ours to compete against those alliances since not even a month and a half ago were  we totally isolated and constantly goaded. You were also attacking isolated alliances with nations in range including one of our allies. 

And we had no plans to fight IQ.  Asking us for a joint military decom when there was literally no plans to attack IQ is just silly and makes us feel suspicious.  Plus, I think only one or two alliances was even asked for a military decom?

Fun fact:  Mensa was already mostly militarized and Syndicate has been sitting on max planes.  The only alliance you could possibly reason to decom would be Rose, but they were knee deep in that VE bit (Entirely dependent on how you see it, afterall, the logs show there was more to it than what was stated publicly).

So asking us to decom is going to raise our suspicions without any good reasoning, or even any good proper approach to it (You know, like, not have Syndicate be your messenger boy and actually get out and talk to all of the alliances instead yourself to show sincerity?)

As for attacking allied nations of yours: First, if this is in reference of Lordaeron earlier in the year - I think I already provided clear cut reasoning on that.  Second, if this is in case of VE, I wasn't aware that you two already signed?  If you're talking about Lordaeron/HBE protecting VE - they were not going to be attacked, but I'm aware they were there for NPO to have a reason to intervene.  Third, if you're talking about CS - Rose only attacked one nation, and that was when he was outside of CS, and didn't continue any attacks afterwards (Note: That nation that was attacked joined CS for protection, then left CS shortly after.  That's not suspicious at all, is it?).

What else you got, Roq?

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

And we had no plans to fight IQ.  Asking us for a joint military decom when there was literally no plans to attack IQ is just silly and makes us feel suspicious.  Plus, I think only one or two alliances was even asked for a military decom?

Fun fact:  Mensa was already mostly militarized and Syndicate has been sitting on max planes.  The only alliance you could possibly reason to decom would be Rose, but they were knee deep in that VE bit (Entirely dependent on how you see it, afterall, the logs show there was more to it than what was stated publicly).

So asking us to decom is going to raise our suspicions without any good reasoning, or even any good proper approach to it (You know, like, not have Syndicate be your messenger boy and actually get out and talk to all of the alliances instead yourself to show sincerity?)

As for attacking allied nations of yours: First, if this is in reference of Lordaeron earlier in the year - I think I already provided clear cut reasoning on that.  Second, if this is in case of VE, I wasn't aware that you two already signed?  If you're talking about Lordaeron/HBE protecting VE - they were not going to be attacked, but I'm aware they were there for NPO to have a reason to intervene.  Third, if you're talking about CS - Rose only attacked one nation, and that was when he was outside of CS, and didn't continue any attacks afterwards (Note: That nation that was attacked joined CS for protection, then left CS shortly after.  That's not suspicious at all, is it?).

What else you got, Roq?

If we didn't know of a plan, then there wouldn't have been an attack. 

If you don't want to believe it, it's fine, but Curu offered it in good faith and then we found out our side would get hit. 

The reasoning for Lordaeron wasn't one you'd use on more connected alliances. Others had raided your inactives moved to applicant before. The allied thing is just Lordaeron. The other isolated alliance would be SK who were just steamrolled back in December since it was easy and you could get away with it.  Also not sure what you got it from that Lordaeron and HBE were there for us to have an excuse to intervene. They decided to maintain protection over tVE because they saw it as the right thing to do. The connections between those alliances and the VE leadership were strong and they wanted to stand up for their friends in their time of need.  We didn't design the protection deals at all.   It wasn't suspicious at all since CS just wanted to help their guy out of the mess he got himself into with Black Watch.

Edited by Roquentin

If we didn't know of a plan, then there wouldn't have been an attack. 

If you don't want to believe it, it's fine, but Curu offered it in good faith and then we found out our side would get hit.

The Spectrum stuff? Yeah, we're aware. If that's what you got from it, that's what you got. Can't really complain afterall, a war definitely needed to happen, but I can 100% tell you that there were no plans on IQ - no target sheets, no direction on it, etc. I won't deny that there was a "Wait, if NPO is using Lordaeron/HBE as bait, what would happen if..." - then of course we had some other logs confirming that was the case. Again, if we were going to hit IQ, we wouldn't have let you build up. I've already explained the logistical nightmare on that if that was the case.

The reasoning for Lordaeron wasn't one you'd use on more connected alliances. Others had raided your inactives moved to applicant before. The allied thing is just Lordaeron. The other isolated alliance would be SK who were just steamrolled back in December since it was easy and you could get away with it.  Also not sure what you got it from that Lordaeron and HBE were there for us to have an excuse to intervene. They decided to maintain protection over tVE because they saw it as the right thing to do. The connections between those alliances and the VE leadership were strong and they wanted to stand up for their friends in their time of need.  We didn't design the protection deals at all.   It wasn't suspicious at all since CS just wanted to help their guy out of the mess he got himself into with Black Watch.

Do you not know Mensa? We'll attack anyone who raids us, no matter how well connected they are. The only alliance that raided us that didn't get attacked en-masse was Arrgh, and they were literally bottom feeding. Lordaeron actually gave permission to raid us, confirmed by multiple members of theirs. The rest were minor raids that I handled personally, but to say we wouldn't have warred them? You probably want to go ask SK/GCB/NW on how I approached them when I had to deal with their raids on us.

>they saw it as the right thing to do

Got it. Protecting a group that planned to deceive arguably one of our strongest allies and one of the most influential alliances in the game. I do not feel sorry for what's happening then.

>CS wanted to help their guy

Opening up conversations with threats isn't a good way to go about that.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

The Spectrum stuff? Yeah, we're aware. If that's what you got from it, that's what you got. Can't really complain afterall, a war definitely needed to happen, but I can 100% tell you that there were no plans on IQ - no target sheets, no direction on it, etc. I won't deny that there was a "Wait, if NPO is using Lordaeron/HBE as bait, what would happen if..." - then of course we had some other logs confirming that was the case. Again, if we were going to hit IQ, we wouldn't have let you build up. I've already explained the logistical nightmare on that if that was the case.

Do you not know Mensa? We'll attack anyone who raids us, no matter how well connected they are. The only alliance that raided us that didn't get attacked en-masse was Arrgh, and they were literally bottom feeding. Lordaeron actually gave permission to raid us, confirmed by multiple members of theirs. The rest were minor raids that I handled personally, but to say we wouldn't have warred them? You probably want to go ask SK/GCB/NW on how I approached them when I had to deal with their raids on us.

>they saw it as the right thing to do

Got it. Protecting a group that planned to deceive arguably one of our strongest allies and one of the most influential alliances in the game. I do not feel sorry for what's happening then.

>CS wanted to help their guy

Opening up conversations with threats isn't a good way to go about that.

I'm not really sure how  being willing to defend our allies in HBE and Lordaeron is somehow using them as bait.  It could just as easily be said that you were going to hit to try get us with less support than we'd have otherwise. 

I don't think you would have warred anyone where it would have put things into contention between you and your alies. 

HBE and VE  are really close. Lordaeron didn't like that the coup happened and they wanted to support their ally. We don't control their FA and we didn't tell them to keep their protection to bait you. You're entitled to your own judgements on the log dumps.

I could be wrong, but don't think it opened up with a threat. They just wanted the guy let go and then it escalated from there because Rose didn't want to. I don't think anyone could say CS had hostile intent towards Rose especially when they had tried to advance relations with them before that. 

Just to clarify, right around the time The Chola had 2 members, one head of FA, raid Mensa and there was no war. So Mensa only hit us because we weren't really connected and they didn't care about Rose because they didn't have any real connections to Syndisphere.

• Upvote 1

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

Just to clarify, right around the time The Chola had 2 members, one head of FA, raid Mensa and there was no war. So Mensa only hit us because we weren't really connected and they didn't care about Rose because they didn't have any real connections to Syndisphere.

You had multiple people raid us at once.  Do we need to show those screenshots?  And when asked about the raids, your members said you told them to.  I can show those as well.

Every alliance raiding us, I've approached first, reacted second.  You laughed it off and tried to play it down.

Pretty sure we still have all the logs and PMs that involved that mess.

In regards to the Chola raider, we've approached them about it and handled it.  Unlike how you handled it, they were apologetic about it and we settled it.  Pretty big difference in one member compared to 5+ raiding you.  Let alone organizing 3man hit squads on multiple of our members.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

"You're playing on easy mode with your ACTIVE PLAYERS and your COORDINATION.  Stop please so I can have fun!"

Jesus.  

For the record, the reason MENSA is always super high mil is that most of us don't care enough about the game any longer to mil/de-mil appropriately.  So I just sit on max mil and eat the revenue losses.  

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

I'm not going to look at every war to see the specifics, but there are enough instances where the tS nations were able to get a dogfight in because the nation that declared on them couldn't do the air after update. If people messed up individually then,  it adds to my other point.

Who was supposed to hit Pantheon? Let me know.  As for Guardian, so if you wanted us to commit the upper tier of our side to try to cover Guardian, that leaves them open with no chance against the other upper tier alliances. With the nations above 4k score, there was no chance to begin wit. 

There was no desire to attack before it became clear that the other side would aggress if we did not.

yeah, last war Guardian was blitz by Rose upper tier, it was literal suicide, they didn't last the night. 

I don't understand how no one is pointing out that NPO only has 75 active offensive wars with 104 members (while being on the aggresive side) - then faults the other side for having it on "easy mode". 

• Upvote 2

There's no shame in losing a war, y'all. At least do it with some grace, instead of making up bad excuses or bragging like an asshat while your alliance is going down in flames.

• Upvote 5

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

According to your own stats, it was 1.65m to 1.58m. That's not a huge score advantage especially when wild cards joined in on your side later on.  The players advantage is mitigated by ranges and activity levels. The first mover advantage was mitigated by the fact that your side had militarized first and be on alert for almost a week and told people to be on at update at almost every night along with the server gilitch. It was always going to be an uphill battle. Your side is playing on easy mode because it consolidates the most active alliances and people see it as the safe move. Everyone knows it.

I want you to read this, apply it to that other world a lot of us share, and then ask yourself if you're really in a position to complain about playing on easy mode.

• Upvote 3

You had multiple people raid us at once.  Do we need to show those screenshots?  And when asked about the raids, your members said you told them to.  I can show those as well.

Every alliance raiding us, I've approached first, reacted second.  You laughed it off and tried to play it down.

Pretty sure we still have all the logs and PMs that involved that mess.

In regards to the Chola raider, we've approached them about it and handled it.  Unlike how you handled it, they were apologetic about it and we settled it.  Pretty big difference in one member compared to 5+ raiding you.  Let alone organizing 3man hit squads on multiple of our members.

You never approached me, or any gov, you just attacked. Then after, had me come to you, when I called you out on it, used that as an excuse that we weren't "humble" enough. And said you'd talk to us in 3 days when the wars had ended. After those 3 days you led peace negotiations with $500m or perma war. Then said the only other option was for us to either disband or have me step down(and you'd give a NAP).

So no, you didn't come to us, nor did you treat Lordaeron like you did any Syndisphere alliance.

There's no shame in losing a war, y'all. At least do it with some grace, instead of making up bad excuses or bragging like an asshat while your alliance is going down in flames.

After every war Charming Friends lost you made a major move in FA to be on the "winners" side. After the war with tEE, RW, and Odd Squad, you signed TLF. After you lost with TLF with you went to Syndisphere. Once you guys take too much damage over there you'll switch again. Charming Friends used to be respectable. Now you are a joke.

You never approached me, or any gov, you just attacked. Then after, had me come to you, when I called you out on it, used that as an excuse that we weren't "humble" enough. And said you'd talk to us in 3 days when the wars had ended. After those 3 days you led peace negotiations with $500m or perma war. Then said the only other option was for us to either disband or have me step down(and you'd give a NAP).

So no, you didn't come to us, nor did you treat Lordaeron like you did any Syndisphere alliance.

This is the same conflict where you lied about what Mensa's gov told you, and then later admitted it, right?

Perhaps the issue is that no other alliance -Syndisphere or otherwise- behaves the way yours does.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

This is the same conflict where you lied about what Mensa's gov told you, and then later admitted it, right?

Perhaps the issue is that no other alliance -Syndisphere or otherwise- behaves the way yours does.

What evidence? I admitted it because they made us to get the $150m(outrageous) rep deal.

Should I show more of our discussions on that matter?  I'll bust out a whole bunch of logs on this, including your claim of "stepping down".  That whole "stepping down" bit was specifically for Lordaeron to have a shot at signing any of us to a treaty, which including a NAP, but any kind of treaty.  Why?  If you remember (Go look at our PM log), I clearly told you that nobody trusts you.

• Downvote 1

After every war Charming Friends lost you made a major move in FA to be on the "winners" side. After the war with tEE, RW, and Odd Squad, you signed TLF. After you lost with TLF with you went to Syndisphere. Once you guys take too much damage over there you'll switch again. Charming Friends used to be respectable. Now you are a joke.

Lmao, if we really cared that much about winning we would have tried to sign with Mensa. But sure dude, you really got me there.

• Upvote 2

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg