The war so far

Avruch

Roquentin, please...

Are you Clarke? Or maybe Clarke's sister? This "my members are inactive and they suck, that's why we lost" crap is really getting old. If you did not think you were going to win, why did you attack in the first place? The answer is that you believed you could win, and you lost. And now you are blaming it on your members instead of your blocs inability to manage the war. Shameless.

Isn't NPO basically active players from another game? With that background, you should be at least as active as Mensa. You are just bad at inference. Your 9-city strategy is BS with the current score system, and that's one of the reasons your alliance sucks. Not inactivity.

As for "easy mode" -- against such incompetence, Mensa is playing on perma-easy mode. We are just here for the salt story, xdxd.

I was actually thinking about it while reading this thread and came to the conclusion those who deny this simply do so to make it seem like they're better than what they're. 

Last time I said it was because more "nerds" but now I will say it is because well the same, just people who have a different set of priorities. 

Incompetence, skill and whatever words you use have no relevance, the simple fact is one side has more members who have a worst addiction to the game than others.

Edited by Lightning

IpHGyGc.png

I was actually thinking about it while reading this thread and came to the conclusion those who deny this simply do so to make it seem like they're better than what they're. 

Last time I said it was because more "nerds" but now I will say it is because well the same, just people who have a different set of priorities. 

Incompetence, skill and whatever words you use have no relevance, the simple fact is one side has more members who have a worst addiction to the game than others.

You're in VM and still checking and posting on the forums. Can we please not start talking about nerds or everyone in this game is going to start feeling self-conscious

C0r3Fye.png

You're in VM and still checking and posting on the forums. Can we please not start talking about nerds or everyone in this game is going to start feeling self-conscious

he hide into VM actually after getting rolled in round 1 :P 

#clapped 

also can't believe we actually reached page 25 on this thread :P 

• Upvote 1

aA9XUQZ.png                                                              

Nah I don't really have time for this game, war was in like day 3 before I logged in. Keep in mine you probably waste ridiculous hours on this game while I don't, I'd be lucky to get an hour a month on anything related to the game. 

Edited by Lightning

IpHGyGc.png

That's happening quite a bit in this war, actually...I had one nation delete on me completely and another just reroll after getting beiged. It's low tier, but it kind of makes it hilarious.

I always have at least 1 person delete per war. I had 3 in one of the times we fought VE, but I think only 2 of them were VE.

It is the ultimate salt.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

I always have at least 1 person delete per war. I had 3 in one of the times we fought VE, but I think only 2 of them were VE.

It is the ultimate salt.

It's usually low tier members who aren't particularly loyal to their own alliance. We had some member in BK whine about how he had to rebuild as the war started (correction: he raided Acadia members and rightfully get countered and asked for reps), and even after we gave him the resources to build up he refused to attack his target and when he does he peaces out with a random Pantheon member after two days. Oh yeah, and he complains about infra damages afterwards as a <5 city nation.

Low tier drama, right? Good grief if we had someone like that in the mid or upper tier.

Z98SzIG.png

It's usually low tier members who aren't particularly loyal to their own alliance. We had some member in BK whine about how he had to rebuild as the war started (correction: he raided Acadia members and rightfully get countered and asked for reps), and even after we gave him the resources to build up he refused to attack his target and when he does he peaces out with a random Pantheon member after two days. Oh yeah, and he complains about infra damages afterwards as a <5 city nation.

Low tier drama, right? Good grief if we had someone like that in the mid or upper tier.

Link? I wanna pay him a visit :P Edited by Boony
6XmKiC2.png

You know the old adage: "If you can't beat them, accuse them of having no lives!"

Lightning, or rather Clarke, is a guy who blamed his sister for their missing bank.  I mean, I wouldn't really consider his opinion much after that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Link? I wanna pay him a visit :P

Unfortunately both him (Planetace) and the person he attacked (Ogden from Pantheon) both deleted. Shame on them.

EDIT: Oh wait, Ogden rerolled, lol. https://politicsandwar.com/nation/id=59016

Edited by Anneal

Z98SzIG.png

Lightning, or rather Clarke, is a guy who blamed his sister for their missing bank.  I mean, I wouldn't really consider his opinion much after that.

I occasionally remember this chain of events while doing something completely unrelated IRL, and I end up having to explain to people what's so funny it almost brought me to tiers.

First and foremost I am good at taking the piss which made so many people salty about what I said. I find it rather humorous but you seem to forget why you were salty. 

IpHGyGc.png

There's always a lot of back and forth about why one side wins or doesn't win these wars, with some decent points made on both sides imo. But really man? They're winning because they're "nerds"? We're all here playing a text based nation sim, I'm not sure any of us escape that classification :P  Hell I check the game multiple times a day and it probably takes up a total of 5 minutes for all of it. Easy enough to do on the commute and when I get home before loading some other stuff up. There are a lot of players who do less and I think that's fine, even at its most hardcore this is a fairly casual game compared to many others and I don't have any problems with people taking it easy. But you're basically calling all the active alliances "try hards" which I always find a very funny insult. Of course people who try hard tend to preform better, that's kind of how doing things works :P

• Upvote 3

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

There are people out there that devote more time to candy crush or facebook than anyone in Mensa or the Syndicate (for example) to politics and war.

Are we nerds? Yeah. Do we devote more time to the game than our rivals? Probably. Is this all we do? Definitely not.

I think most of us are between 20 and 40 with full lives, we just check this game on our phones every once in a while when we're taking breaks at work or breifly when hanging out with friends or family or whatever.

Like, you don't have to sacrifice your life to gain a basic comprehension of these mechanics and the shit talking is the same today as it was 10 years ago when we started playing these kinds of games, so that's just reflexes at work lol.

I still think blaming the server breakdown is lame though. A server breakdown can't possibly take a 7 to 1 advantage and suddenly nullify it... over one MAP. This reads to me like a backwards way of denying us credit for the massive effort it took to keep control of the front despite crazy odds. PR spin, or over-optimism combined with cognitive dissonance.

We build better, we prepare better, we fight better.

If you don't believe me our alliances can 1v1 next time instead of this complex coalition building crap. I think at this point I'm only truly intimidated by Mensa tbh. :P

But whatever, when in doubt blame the game mechanics amirite? Who would ever admit they just weren't up to the task? :rolleyes:

Edit:sp

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented
  • Upvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

There are people out their that devote more time to candy crush or facebook

Are you knocking my 20 hours a day in Candy Crush? If I don't crush them who will? I'm basically a modern hero.

• Upvote 2

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Are you knocking my 20 hours a day in Candy Crush? If I don't crush them who will? I'm basically a modern hero.

Not at all! You crush candy so that I don't have to.

In my book, that makes you a hero. ;)

Edit: Also, the hours and attention I've devoted to Fallout Shelter are embarassing to recount. There are countless other things that make me a lifeless nerd than this game lol.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented
  • Upvote 1

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Personally I say that an alliance being more active is not playing it on easy mode. Last I checked, making sure your alliance is active is never easy. Then again I could be wrong :P

Also glad there's actual discussion and not crap throwing.

Edited by Amaryllis

Nerd To The Core

I'm doing this instead of doing actual work I'm supposed to at my job. That's the American way.

Shitposting > work
  • Upvote 1

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

I logged in like twice a month before this war kicked off. The game is shit. Don't confuse P&W inactivity for Mensa inactivity. We will always be around when needed.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

There's always a lot of back and forth about why one side wins or doesn't win these wars, with some decent points made on both sides imo. But really man? They're winning because they're "nerds"? We're all here playing a text based nation sim, I'm not sure any of us escape that classification :P  Hell I check the game multiple times a day and it probably takes up a total of 5 minutes for all of it. Easy enough to do on the commute and when I get home before loading some other stuff up. There are a lot of players who do less and I think that's fine, even at its most hardcore this is a fairly casual game compared to many others and I don't have any problems with people taking it easy. But you're basically calling all the active alliances "try hards" which I always find a very funny insult. Of course people who try hard tend to preform better, that's kind of how doing things works :P

Nerds isn't exactly the word, I preferred my use of addicts. 

One side has a larger collection of addicts who have being addicted to this sort of stuff for up to a decade or longer. Only the most addicted still remain and their devotion is enormous compared to a new player or someone who has better hobbies. 

This isn't the only game they're addicted to either, they usually have other similar addictions. 

IpHGyGc.png

I really hope you haven't gone through the past two years not knowing that was always a joke. :D 

But hey, we're still getting good mileage out of it! So who really wins?

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.