The war so far

Avruch

You never approached me, or any gov, you just attacked. Then after, had me come to you, when I called you out on it, used that as an excuse that we weren't "humble" enough. And said you'd talk to us in 3 days when the wars had ended. After those 3 days you led peace negotiations with $500m or perma war. Then said the only other option was for us to either disband or have me step down(and you'd give a NAP).

So no, you didn't come to us, nor did you treat Lordaeron like you did any Syndisphere alliance.

#alternativefacts

Lmao, if we really cared that much about winning we would have tried to sign with Mensa. But sure dude, you really got me there.

CF has the advantage of having been founded by the closest thing Mensa ever had to a pacifist. Granted he stole a bunch of our money and ran, but he's still our people. 

• Upvote 1

CF has the advantage of having been founded by the closest thing Mensa ever had to a pacifist. Granted he stole a bunch of our money and ran, but he's still our people. 

No offense but that's honestly still one of the funniest things CF has done.

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

"You're playing on easy mode with your ACTIVE PLAYERS and your COORDINATION.  Stop please so I can have fun!"

Jesus.  

For the record, the reason MENSA is always super high mil is that most of us don't care enough about the game any longer to mil/de-mil appropriately.  So I just sit on max mil and eat the revenue losses.  

I'm sorry that I don't think beating people who are less active and coordinated than you are is some sort of great triumph. If you don't want to strain yourself, that's cool.

I don't understand how no one is pointing out that NPO only has 75 active offensive wars with 104 members (while being on the aggresive side) - then faults the other side for having it on "easy mode". 

I haven't really contested that it hasn't been too much of a strain on us with the exception of down decs and the people who hit tS initially.  I'm sure it'll change soon. If we overextended when updeclaring, we'd likely be clogging up defensive slots when countered and allow whoever those belong to to have a free hand.

Edited by Roquentin

I'm sorry that I don't think beating people who are less active and coordinated than you are is some sort of great triumph. If you don't want to strain yourself, that's cool.

So says the man with a 100+ membership beating up low tier score range, while having to arrange a 7 alliance hit on one.

If anyone cared about people's opinions on what a great triumph is, yours certainly wouldn't top the list.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

So says the man with a 100+ membership beating up low tier score range, while having to arrange a 7 alliance hit on one.

If anyone cared about people's opinions on what a great triumph is, yours certainly wouldn't top the list.

I haven't been bragging about it. You always brag every war you beat up on less active opponents.

I want you to read this, apply it to that other world a lot of us share, and then ask yourself if you're really in a position to complain about playing on easy mode.

Nice OOC reference. Wouldn't it go both ways then? Everyone that is fine doing it here can't complain about it having been done there.

I've gone into why I see the situations as different before. 

I'll repeat what the main differences are

1. Most substantial nations are lethargic and only playing because they have been around for a long time and it is a pain to get them to do anything due to them no longer wanting to fit it in.
2. Most players in mainstream alliances are inactive as well.
3. I don't want to commit the time to trying to move inactive players around when most of the coalition will be uncommitted to the cause in any remotely even war and not help us get things done, which became increasingly the case in the past 4 years.
4. I don't claim it's dynamic or interesting or brag about it.

If people here would say something like that, I'd have nothing to say, but i've always been upfront that i don't feel any obligation to commit the time to making interesting things happen in a such landscape. 
Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1

I'm not sure how, as the attacking nation, you're allowed to be upset with the make-up of the alliances on each side.

If you're at a disadvantage, don't attack.  Use some FA skill to peel nations off.

I'll be really honest -- I only play any longer to keep coming back to these threads every 3-4 months where you guys whine when you lose.  It's even better when you whine despite inherent advantages.

MENSA is tight-knit because we've been playing together for a decade now.  That doesn't magically make our airstrikes stronger or any less obvious as to our tactics.  Nothing about this war was surprising except for how poorly you executed.  

Basically, it comes down to: "I thought we were good, but then I learned, once again, that we are not."

• Upvote 1

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

I'm not sure how, as the attacking nation, you're allowed to be upset with the make-up of the alliances on each side.

If you're at a disadvantage, don't attack.  Use some FA skill to peel nations off.

I'll be really honest -- I only play any longer to keep coming back to these threads every 3-4 months where you guys whine when you lose.  It's even better when you whine despite inherent advantages.

MENSA is tight-knit because we've been playing together for a decade now.  That doesn't magically make our airstrikes stronger or any less obvious as to our tactics.  Nothing about this war was surprising except for how poorly you executed.  

Basically, it comes down to: "I thought we were good, but then I learned, once again, that we are not."

It's worse to defend when at a perceived disadvantage than to attack. This principle has been applied by your side in the past. Only difference is you won  In case you didn't notice, the people that were willing to leave did so. Those who wanted to stay the course are with you.

I thought through the magic of friendship you automatically looted and damaged more.

I can vouch (not that he needs it) for Buorhann talking things out first instead of jumping straight into war. Sorry Kastor but it did appear to be quite the mess on Lord's end.

It wasn't. We never got contacted until after they declared on us, they've even admitted to that.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

It wasn't. We never got contacted until after they declared on us, they've even admitted to that.

Do you have logs or links to prove this?

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Do you have logs or links to prove this?

I don't know who 'we' is supposed to be in what Kastor said, but obviously I didn't decide to ride out against Lordaeron until after multiple Lordaeron members informed us on Discord that they had been given the green light to attack our applicants directly by Kastor. Who had also falsely claimed to his members that we OK'd raiding our applicants. 

I don't know who 'we' is supposed to be in what Kastor said, but obviously I didn't decide to ride out against Lordaeron until after multiple Lordaeron members informed us on Discord that they had been given the green light to attack our applicants directly by Kastor. Who had also falsely claimed to his members that we OK'd raiding our applicants.

I figured as much, but if Kazy has the proof of this so called admission of wrongdoing I would love to see it. :3

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Sorry but I'm going to call BS on Mensa. There was no discussion of why they attacked Lord at that time. I recall waking up to a war declared then slowly more were declared. We only found out because one the Lord members flat out asked why Mensa was attacking Lord. We only found out late morning EST why, which was raiding of inactive nation. Killbobz was going nuts in private channels, telling me to authorize a full out war with Mensa while I wanted to find out.

"We" would be Lordaeron. I know you and your side would like to drive the narrative that it's just me and a bunch of multis but Lordaeron is full of wonderful and interesting people.

Not sure who these "multiple Lordaeron members" are either. Feel free to PM me names and logs, or just drop them on the forums since that's what you Mensa people like to do anyway. Take logs outta context and drop them on the forums to make yourselves look good.

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

It's worse to defend when at a perceived disadvantage than to attack. This principle has been applied by your side in the past. Only difference is you won  In case you didn't notice, the people that were willing to leave did so. Those who wanted to stay the course are with you.

Winning all the time does get old, so if you waited a bit longer, more might be willing to leave.

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

"We" would be Lordaeron. I know you and your side would like to drive the narrative that it's just me and a bunch of multis but Lordaeron is full of wonderful and interesting people.

Not sure who these "multiple Lordaeron members" are either. Feel free to PM me names and logs, or just drop them on the forums since that's what you Mensa people like to do anyway. Take logs outta context and drop them on the forums to make yourselves look good.

Lies to his own members, gets them rolled, lies about it again, finally admits the truth, goes back to lying about it. Yep, the sound of someone with a story America would like to believe. 

• Upvote 3