Which Player has had a bigger impact on the game thus far?

Kastor

Please choose 1  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Which player has had a bigger political impact on the game thus far?

• Prefontaine
    • Pubstomper
    • Partisan
    • Shellhound
    • Cynic
    • Keegoz
    • Pfeiffer
    • Grillick
    • Impero
    • Tenages

Rose sucks dong, so none of this matters.

The politics that exist today were mostly created by players that (are not limited to but) consisted of several people in Rose. The very first war in the game was TC vs. TAC (basically Rose) and created a clear divide between two spheres until the game attracted more players. That divide existed pretty much until this summer, then Rose was the swing that turned a war from the SK/Guardian sides favor to the VE/tS sides favor. Following that Rose has been the protector for VE, tS, and Alpha - all of which are influential alliances today, in fact - some notorious tS members were members of Rose BEFORE tS because they wanted to get a better understanding of the game mechanics and such before they went off on their own. You don't have to like Rose, you don't have to like me, but implying that we haven't impacted the politics of the game is pretty much the most sophomoric thing I've seen you type. 

inb4 "Pub, I told you to never speak to me so I'm just going to shrug this off and discredit it with information that has nothing to do with what you said."

Also, just wanted to point out that Cynic actually brought tS, Vanguard and now \m/ into this world. He's set a pretty high bar for creating alliances. 

Edited by Caillou
  • Upvote 5

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Me for the first 6th months of this round.

Partisan/Cynic toss up for the second. Cynics name almost sounds like snake, they're clearly the same person. 

EDIT: Pfeiffer for mindless dioismballotstuffing.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 2

scSqPGJ.gif

Pre for the beginning, and sowing seeds of conflict to come (Post-Marionette bitterness)

Impero and to an extent Partisan afterwards, Impero for mustering up and giving motives to 2 anti-t$ coalitions. Partisan for being a slithery little snake and gaining near hegemoney through defensive wars and great diplomacy.

I'm losing to Cynic, imma just go kill myself now. Not to sound egotistical here but considering I am losing to a filthy neutral in Grillick I feel like I need to state what I have actually done here :P

I brought Guardian here in the first place back in Alpha, me and Kurdanak pretty much stopped Rose from disbanding back when the Angelus fiasco happened and when Rothschild happened and I helped take down the sphere which had ruled the game for a good portion of the game with VE/tS. I also successfully led Rose for 6 months so I am pretty much 100% sure I have had more impact than Grillick who is now inactive :|

lol, I first voted for Grillick out of irony. Nobody should actually be voting for him, as fun as that month of GPA drama was. :P

But for my serious vote, Pre gets it for his work with Guardian earlier in the game, and for the shenanigans that he continues to work towards. Being able to carry political capital with yourself regardless of the alliance you're with is an accomplishment (meaning, most of the candidates would be or have become practically irrelevant if they left their alliance's leadership). Cynic is my runner up, for similar reasons. In recent memory alone, it'd go to Partisan.

Edited by Kurdanak
xzhPlEh.png?1

tS's success as an alliance speaks for itself on Partisan's ability as a leader, mentor, and diplomat. My vote goes to him.

Edited by Lordship
  • Upvote 1

Definitely gonna say Pre, for reasons Kurdanak brought up. The fact that he's able to bounce around and still remain a solid political player speaks for itself.

On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

Mensa is 3-2 in wars.

Uh, where did the 2nd loss come from?

EDIT:

Minor conflict with SI ( Won )

Major conflict with VE ( Loss )

Major conflict with Paragon ( Won )

Major conflict with Covenant ( Won )

Unless you're counting the UPN stopping BoC from their Ashland led spy ops on us?

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

You guys are talking up Pfeiffer waaaay too damn much. rofl.

Yeah... He's a top guy and a good alliance leader, and for the time post great VE War there is a case to be made- but in the long game I would say Pre by a long way.

• Upvote 2

I've known Pfeiffer for many years now, both in games and out of them, and I will never bet against him. He wins far more than he loses and more importantly (to me at least) is that he plays for the long term.

The reason why he comes across as an !@#$ is because he doesn't suffer fools and he is direct and to the point. He's not here to be your friend first and you'll have to earn his respect. I don't have a problem with any of this. Then again, I'm a damn-near fifty year old fart and don't have anything to prove to anyone anymore so... I voted for Pfeiffer because I expect him to perform like this. He's no slacker. He performs.

I get that. He's not here to make friends, he's here to win and yada yada. From my own experience those types of leaders tend to be a cause of internal disputes a lot tho. I guess maybe he's better at handling it (or has someone that can handle it) a lot better than the schmucks I've known?

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

So much so a NAC member could beat them... oh wait

That's a fairly awful comparison mate, being ganged up on and not risking calling in help in a treasure grab is a far cry from the rose performance as a whole in the proxy war.

A far better measure is contribution to geopolitics - on which measure Pre wins IMO, comfortably.

• Upvote 1

Lol, i voted Tenages, untill shit got serious xD

Then i had to go for Pre, if any of you had been in tC up untill the VE war you'd get that hes the most influencial player this game has had to date.

And now hes mine, you all loose i win.

Ole2.png

Easily Partisan

Calling dibs on half of Partisans votes, since I brought him here and gave him so many great opportunities to showcase his diplomatic prowess and military might.

Kek.

In order of influence from my pov:  Partisan, Cynic, Prefontaine, Impero, Pfeiffer.  The rest don't even match up, and it was a tough decision between Impero and Pfeiffer.

Partisan - Obviously look at the growth and evolution of Syndicate during his reign of terror and the shift of politics on the treaty web.  Just like what Hodor said, he pretty much changed the treaty web of the game while being on the defense.  I also liked the fact that despite Paragon/Covenants attempts of propaganda on Partisan's character that people still decided to listen to Partisan and go along with him ( Or at least remain neutral ).  Shows how influential he is when it comes time to throw down.

Cynic - The topic is impact ON the game, not IN the game.  Cynic's impact doesn't come from the alliances he built ( Majority of them don't really hold much influence nowadays anyways, but they're still around and kicking ), it comes from when the exploiters/hackers hit the game.  He was able to rat them out and help preserve some integrity in the game.  I still question the motives, but if it wasn't for Cynic - it would've taken Sheepy longer to find the culprits.

Prefontaine - You can argue any of these three so far to be #1, depending on how you want to look at the topic title.  What would've made this a tougher decision is if Prefontaine kept his radio show going.  It was generating a lot of interest for the game.  I don't need to go over his in game influence, almost any highly active person in IRC/Forums is aware of his potential when he gets into the politics between alliances.  It also helps that he maintains the treaty web for every one too.  So he's definitely up there with supporting the game in more ways than one.

Before I continue on, I went with Partisan because the one thing he had over Cynic and Prefontaine is stability.  Cynic and Prefontaine, you have no idea what they're going to do next or where they're going next.  It's random with them.  They have ADHD in this game apparently.  Ooo shiney...

Impero - Since this year, Impero has created Paragon and kept VE consistently on top ( Until UPN jumped them after the Great War ).  He's been a major player with working with alliances behind the scenes and I feel that he's really under rated when it comes to manipulating the politics of the game.  Unfortunately it seems Partisan beat him out or that people just caught on, or he just stopped putting much effort out there.  Who knows, but since he stepped down, his presence has been rather minimal from what I can tell.

Pfeiffer - You could technically put Pfeiffer and Partisan in the same pool.  Both of them changed the politics of the game.  One difference though, Pfeiffer takes his time with shifting the balance of power with the alliances while Partisan quickly did it ( I mean, he had to, considering that Syndicate's been attacked by 2 major Blocs back to back since their departure from Paragon ).  Another thing about Pfeiffer is the fact people keep talking him up, haha.  So obviously he has people's attention.  I will say that Pfeiffer knows how to use people, if they're willing to work with him.  He's good at putting people in positions that will be efficient for achieving his goals and that's a strong leadership quality.

I won't be surprised, if Pfeiffer decides to stay as leader of Mensa and Mensa continues to stick around in this game ( Never know with us ), that he'll eventually be THE most influential player in the game.  On the game is a different story though ( He would have to compete with Prefontaine's support of the game to trump that ).

• Downvote 1

Calling dibs on half of Partisans votes, since I brought him here and gave him so many great opportunities to showcase his diplomatic prowess and military might.

Kek.

That's why I voted for you over Partisan

omZZUOt.png?2  

<&Partisan> I'm roleplaying a not snake

Mensa for a while was being courted by UPN (our old protectors) and by t$. Pfeiffer as Chairman held the ultimate decision about whether to risk offending UPN by siding with t$ and he decided to do so. I'd argue that the decision from Mensa to join with t$, who at the time were really out on a limb, had a huge impact on everything that followed. Imagine how the treaty Web may have looked with a Mensa UPN firm alliance going into the last war.

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong