[Statement] A Bad Joke

Daveth

6 hours ago, Hobbs said:

I'm loving the public spin to try and make these initial terms to be discussed look as unreasonable as possible. Props to you guys for going the route of swaying public opinion instead of coming to the negotiation table, kind of like how it kickstarted this entire debacle when you approached us with an offer then revoked it and gave us an insulting one without any evidence backing it months later after taking any form of negotiation off the table. The money is solely an attempt at a formal dissolution of the bank at the original numbers provided to us, which was expected to be negotiated. The scar of NpO has everyone jittery whenever "reparations" are brought up despite the fact this whole war was kicked off due to us not coming to a resolution over the payment to HS. It isn't some cruel punishment but a reconciliation of accounts.

The food clause can be argued, but was added due to the prevalence of availability of food and would help the long-term pricing due to supply/demand. The rest are meme clauses. 

My issue with the food clause (and bear in mind I'm nowhere near Carthago government) is that it's so easy to violate.
It's basically impossible for alliances with so many people to have all of them on the same page. So either some random member or new recruit is inevitably going to violate the condition without knowing it was even a thing.

I doubt we'd see the war get started back up over that, but the fact that it COULD is a problem.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hobbs said:

I'm loving the public spin to try and make these initial terms to be discussed look as unreasonable as possible. Props to you guys for going the route of swaying public opinion instead of coming to the negotiation table, kind of like how it kickstarted this entire debacle when you approached us with an offer then revoked it and gave us an insulting one without any evidence backing it months later after taking any form of negotiation off the table. The money is solely an attempt at a formal dissolution of the bank at the original numbers provided to us, which was expected to be negotiated. The scar of NpO has everyone jittery whenever "reparations" are brought up despite the fact this whole war was kicked off due to us not coming to a resolution over the payment to HS. It isn't some cruel punishment but a reconciliation of accounts.

The food clause can be argued, but was added due to the prevalence of availability of food and would help the long-term pricing due to supply/demand. The rest are meme clauses. 

The food clause, combined with immediate payment of a large sum, is frankly ridiculous. It's basically designed to stunt the growth of the defeated alliance and provides no real benefit to you. The only two things I'm unsure about are why Guardian is still helping you play this silly game and why TFP hasn't now been tempted to pick a side.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sketchy said:

Yeah this isn't a hardball offer this is more like "I'm going to spit in your face and you are going to like it."

Well if you spit in my face, I would probably like it 

8 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

I can assure you that no one in the history of Orbis has ever been ‘jittery’ at the thought of NpO.

#PoolarisStronk

Wait, which one?  NPO or Polaris?  The latter I definitely get jittery for.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Hobbs said:

I'm loving the public spin to try and make these initial terms to be discussed look as unreasonable as possible. Props to you guys for going the route of swaying public opinion instead of coming to the negotiation table, kind of like how it kickstarted this entire debacle when you approached us with an offer then revoked it and gave us an insulting one without any evidence backing it months later after taking any form of negotiation off the table. The money is solely an attempt at a formal dissolution of the bank at the original numbers provided to us, which was expected to be negotiated. The scar of NPOLT has everyone jittery whenever "reparations" are brought up despite the fact this whole war was kicked off due to us not coming to a resolution over the payment to HS. It isn't some cruel punishment but a reconciliation of accounts.

The problem is, HS has so far been playing the "Well SOMEONE had to do terms" wrt the NPO scare, while then offering these as a first draft. I won't comment on any updates since, but the original terms were 16 some odd billion paid out to two aas, one thats not even involved nor cared to tried to get it, prior to rebuild, as well as no food production (which afaik is CTOs main revenue. The reason y'all are getting backlash, as much as it pains me to side with Krampus, is that these are incredibly petty and crippling terms. I genuinely think if you'd even left out the "prior to rebuild" part you wouldn't have caught nearly as much flak. Sure, the room for negotiation is there, but I don't think CTOs in the wrong for perceiving it as bad faith.

Edited by Emperor Adam
  • Upvote 5

thalmorcommie.png

1 minute ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

You want to know why I was allies with Guardian for years?  Because they know what they are doing.  If they tell you something is probably a bad idea, you should listen to them.

I'm glad you mention this, because this is my thought almost the entire way through this.

How did Guardian get signed on to a petty-squabble war over a failed bank?

How did Rose allow arguably their best ally to get pulled into such an embarrassing war and be doing the heavy lifting for said war on the heels of a solid victory? ROI anyone?

How did TFP allow a third party to basic come into their sphere with no consequence? [Answered by TFP joining WELP I guess, they were leaving their sphere behind for cooler friends.]

I know most will disagree but I still feel TFP has an obligation to at least help arbitrate and resolve this matter, or even defend CTO from Guardian. I think Rose also has an obligation here to pull their ally back and potentially all the way out of this war, and not the least Guardian owes it to themselves to retract from this debacle.

If House Stark wants to impose harsh punitive reparations, then let them carry the weight alone.

Edited by Roberts
  • Upvote 3

On 7/5/2023 at 7:33 PM, Kyubnyan said:

Unacceptable. OWR's shares are rightfully Sval's.

I already donated the money to CyberNations.

• Haha 3

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

By now, for some of you alliances, 8bn should be a drop in the bucket.

Starting a war over 8b, understandable.

But you don’t start a war to recoup money. War is expensive. Which is why it’s always punitive. Trying to act like this war was solely to make money back is fake as !@#$ especially given HS’s size, age, and access to sphere wealth.

• Upvote 4

22:26 +Kadin: too far man

22:26 +Kadin: too far

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: that's the point of incest Kadin

22:26 Lordofpuns[boC]: to go farther

22:27 Bet: or father

12 hours ago, Roberts said:

I'm glad you mention this, because this is my thought almost the entire way through this.

How did Guardian get signed on to a petty-squabble war over a failed bank?

How did Rose allow arguably their best ally to get pulled into such an embarrassing war and be doing the heavy lifting for said war on the heels of a solid victory? ROI anyone?

How did TFP allow a third party to basic come into their sphere with no consequence? [Answered by TFP joining WELP I guess, they were leaving their sphere behind for cooler friends.]

I know most will disagree but I still feel TFP has an obligation to at least help arbitrate and resolve this matter, or even defend CTO from Guardian. I think Rose also has an obligation here to pull their ally back and potentially all the way out of this war, and not the least Guardian owes it to themselves to retract from this debacle.

If House Stark wants to impose harsh punitive reparations, then let them carry the weight alone.

Guardian aren't flip floppers, if an ally asks for help then they come through. As for Rose I'm p sure it isn't their place to tell Guardian what to do, and they know that. As for TFP yeah, they're too busy hoarding CTO prots to try and save face from not countering Guardian.

The only alliance that will get bad  PR for this is HS, who I actually like, at least a few gov members. However, they screwed the pooch here. Sure TFP should get some flak as well but, at the end of the day, what people will remember is the peace term.

Edited by Insert Name Here
  • Upvote 1

On 7/5/2023 at 6:43 PM, Hobbs said:

I'm loving the public spin to try and make these initial terms to be discussed look as unreasonable as possible. Props to you guys for going the route of swaying public opinion instead of coming to the negotiation table, kind of like how it kickstarted this entire debacle when you approached us with an offer then revoked it and gave us an insulting one without any evidence backing it months later after taking any form of negotiation off the table. The money is solely an attempt at a formal dissolution of the bank at the original numbers provided to us, which was expected to be negotiated. The scar of NPOLT has everyone jittery whenever "reparations" are brought up despite the fact this whole war was kicked off due to us not coming to a resolution over the payment to HS. It isn't some cruel punishment but a reconciliation of accounts.

So, you threw in an unusual and weird reparations term that effectively forces one AA to rely solely on the market to buy food to try and.. influence the market?

And then you hop onto the forums to complain about a negotiation tactic?

It's fairly obvious why HS made you IA, because.. wow, you do not do well when you step out of your lane, pal.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2023 at 4:13 AM, Hobbs said:

were you also going to share 50% of HS food production with Carthago under this term?

Since you are saying it is for the noble cause of "fixing the market" and is not meant to be another punitive term in your list. Or that is what I understand from this statement, feel free to clarify if I misunderstood.

tvPWtuA.gif

7 hours ago, Kastor said:

Can someone tldr why these micros wants $16b like what did CTO do to make that even feasible?

HS, CTO and OWR had a joint sphere bank, created by OWR during Nexus. each aa invested 2.6bn, and received dividends. tldr of it is that it went to shit sometime in 2022 when OWR mass deleted. 

I took over the ceo position after the OWR guy left the game, which is why HS thinks CTO should pay for whatever amount they feel entitled to. 

16bn has never been feasible. 

HEADERS_CTO12.png

Inform Zigbir I have forgotten how to edit the signature field
Please remind me how to do it post haste!

11 hours ago, Kastor said:

Can someone tldr why these micros wants $16b like what did CTO do to make that even feasible?

The story is, from what I see on discord, is that House Stark were using these terms as their "start negotiating high" point and never actually thought they would be getting these terms. Which terms they intended to keep, drop, or change is up for speculation at this point.

Edited by Roberts