Jump to content
Prefonteen

$yndicate placeholder Dow

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

At what point?

I'm just referencing t$'s internal pushes for sphere splits within the hegemony, with the resistance to those pushes from most other main players ultimately resulting in the move to paperless. 

1 hour ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Your arguments would be more reassuring if NPO wasn't poised to take the #1 score slot in a second game while de-facto allied to the last hegemons of this game, but fair enough.

You can certainly be concerned about whatever alliances you'd like, but I will say that statistical #1 alliances in this game have a fairly poor track record of actually being the most powerful alliance. It has happened obviously, but it is against the norm. Will it happen with NPO? We will see, but my point is that the rankings on the alliance page aren't all that important. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Roquentin said:

Snip

That is not what I'm really referring to here. After you used that phrase it was applied to a coalition/sphere of alliances that had TKR and Rose at their FA center and other large alliances like Pantheon making up the core.

I am addressing the irony in referring to this as a victory over EMC when EMC voluntarily imploded a year ago and now half of that sphere is fighting on the other side

Edited by Smith
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Smith said:

I am addressing the irony in referring to this as a victory over EMC when EMC voluntarily imploded a year ago and now half of that sphere is fighting on the other side

That is true to an extent.  Up until recent months, “EMC” still existed with back room diplomacy.

In fact, it’s what IQ leaders spoke about initially when treaties were being cut.

When certain moves happened (Creation of TGH-KT bloc, Partisan leading Syndicate, etc) - that backroom stuff was starting to get put away.

You are right about the irony of the situation though.  EMC did implode voluntarily, but it took time to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

That is true to an extent.  Up until recent months, “EMC” still existed with back room diplomacy.

In fact, it’s what IQ leaders spoke about initially when treaties were being cut.

When certain moves happened (Creation of TGH-KT bloc, Partisan leading Syndicate, etc) - that backroom stuff was starting to get put away.

You are right about the irony of the situation though.  EMC did implode voluntarily, but it took time to do so.

The point I'm making is it's strange to say you are fighting EMC when half of the alliances that made up EMC are fighting on your side. It would be like if BK and Acadia attacked NPO and GoG and said they achieved victory over IQ. 

Edited by Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Smith said:

The point I'm making is it's strange to say you are fighting EMC when half of the alliances that made up EMC are fighting on your side. It would be like if BK and Acadia attacked NPO and GoG and said they achieved victory over IQ. 

The only odd one in that analogy would be BK.  Acadia is like...  the indecisive red headed step child female that can't make up it's mind if it's in IQ or not, and deserves to be beaten for that reason (And many others) at every opportunity.

But I did get your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smith said:

That is not what I'm really referring to here. After you used that phrase it was applied to a coalition/sphere of alliances that had TKR and Rose at their FA center and other large alliances like Pantheon making up the core.

I am addressing the irony in referring to this as a victory over EMC when EMC voluntarily imploded a year ago and now half of that sphere is fighting on the other side

 

Not much irony. EMC is a coalition made up around the spine TKR-tS-Guardian. Up until what this summer (2months ago or maybe a little before) EMC still existed with paperless agreements and backroom agreements. TCLs announcement was made what December/Jan? It took 8-9 months before any changes happened. The core remained, tS moved onto Syndisphere and the rest are still intact, so EMC is still quite applicable here, and thats further understated by the couple of pick ups you've had from the IQ side of folks wanting a more "EMC" approach to functioning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was legit wondering how long it'd take you to reply.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

 

Not much irony. EMC is a coalition made up around the spine TKR-tS-Guardian. Up until what this summer (2months ago or maybe a little before) EMC still existed with paperless agreements and backroom agreements. TCLs announcement was made what December/Jan? It took 8-9 months before any changes happened. The core remained, tS moved onto Syndisphere and the rest are still intact, so EMC is still quite applicable here, and thats further understated by the couple of pick ups you've had from the IQ side of folks wanting a more "EMC" approach to functioning. 

EMC was a sphere that was built around TKR and Rose FA. Saying t$ were one of the key players and not Rose is complete revisionist history. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The folks on this side of the conflict have demonstrated themselves to be much more historically dynamic(tm) in their approach to politics than their opponents. Lets keep that in mind and save the end of the game talks for a bit later.  TKR hasn't even loss #1 yet <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smith said:

EMC was a sphere that was built around TKR and Rose FA. Saying t$ were one of the key players and not Rose is complete revisionist history. 

 

Fair enough. Like I pointed out on discord the other day though, Rose was the only real clean break. The rest of the sphere more or less remained intact for months after that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hilmes said:

The folks on this side of the conflict have demonstrated themselves to be much more historically dynamic(tm) in their approach to politics than their opponents. Lets keep that in mind and save the end of the game talks for a bit later.  TKR hasn't even loss #1 yet <_<

Give us a few turns. This time tomorrow should be number 4. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Mad Titan said:

Give us a few turns. This time tomorrow should be number 4. 

image.jpeg.2231f31d5c532840b4e1c9b0b880fce9.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Shadowthrone said:

 

Fair enough. Like I pointed out on discord the other day though, Rose was the only real clean break. The rest of the sphere more or less remained intact for months after that. 

Even working with that logic, t$ is attacking us now is pretty clean and goes back to my "half of EMC is on the other side" point :P 

 

 

Edited by Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Vanek26 said:

I'm just glad that this war is somehow Mensa's fault. 

Just wait til I have TEst switch sides mid-war like Phiney did way back :P

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Vanek26 said:

I'm just glad that this war is somehow Mensa's fault. 

Everything is our fault.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hilmes said:

TKR hasn't even loss #1 yet <_<

Did 5 minutes ago, post the thread alreadyy

Edited by Sir Scarfalot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sir Scarfalot said:

Did 5 minutes ag, post the thread alreadyy

Hilmesfinished.jpg

Ah yes, I see NPO has taken their rightful place atop the leader boards. I hope this pleases lord Roq. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hilmes said:

Hilmesfinished.jpg

Ah yes, I see NPO has taken their rightful place atop the leader boards. I hope this pleases lord Roq.

Events do not please Roquentin, they can only satisfy him.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Edward I said:

Events do not please Roquentin, they can only satisfy him.

Oh, dear. 

 OdA.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2018 at 11:46 PM, Prefonteen said:

Server-related mishaps murdered my wall of text. This servers as a placeholder for 

The $yndicates declaration of war on The Commonwealth.

 

While the official Declaration of War may come later, we do have a message for you.

tumblr_ovdl9wJ8j71qcjdkko1_400.gif

Edited by Memph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 hours ago, Flame of the Flawed said:

 

You can certainly be concerned about whatever alliances you'd like, but I will say that statistical #1 alliances in this game have a fairly poor track record of actually being the most powerful alliance. It has happened obviously, but it is against the norm.

Isn't too soon for propaganda ? :P 
zrviaJn.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MonkeyDLegend said:

 

Isn't too soon for propaganda ? :P 
zrviaJn.png

Oh man that screenshot fills me with nostalgia. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.