Paragon Announcement

Keegoz

When you say "and friends" who are you referencing?  Just curious.

http://politicsandwar.com/alliances/treatyweb/

The ones obligated to deal with the mess. 

NPO, Polaris, Alpha, and UPN I would assume.

^

EDIT: (I did get the joke though)
Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

How is that not respectful? 

To turn the tide you either:

a) consolidate the base and eventually skim off the satellites enough to win.

B) dissolve the nucleus of a side and hope the winning side eventually cannibalizes itself.

Neither of the above happened. It's not logical to suggest that or that any t$ side signs Rose/VE. Signing would signal an attempted consolidation of a new sphere. (See: Cannibalizing itself.) The t$ side does not need more NS. If anything it needs less or at least a continued target.

I have also seen the MADP /somewhat neutral to World Affairs (GUARD). Disbanded. It did not work.

In short, do I think that this could help reshape the world? Yes, but it'll be after VE and Rose are ripped limb from limb. They're still enough of a threat to not be let off. I suppose you could always sign them and have them take the brunt of the beatings to prove themselves. 

I have not been active in the politics in the game ever, but the underlying point remains. This thread just furthers the point on why a successful coalition could never be built.

Like I said, Mutually Assured Destruction. Nothing against them personal, but I call it like I see it. I also do not think I have ever spoken to Rose/VE. Just a casual otherworld player with a PnW nation.

Enough of a threat? To who? You are the only one calling them a threat here. Seems a bit paranoid tbh

Edited by Lordship

B) dissolve the nucleus of a side and hope the winning side eventually cannibalizes itself.

Neither of the above happened. It's not logical to suggest that or that any t$ side signs Rose/VE. Signing would signal an attempted consolidation of a new sphere. (See: Cannibalizing itself.) The t$ side does not need more NS. If anything it needs less or at least a continued target.

I have also seen the MADP /somewhat neutral to World Affairs (GUARD). Disbanded. It did not work.

In short, do I think that this could help reshape the world? Yes, but it'll be after VE and Rose are ripped limb from limb. They're still enough of a threat to not be let off. I suppose you could always sign them and have them take the brunt of the beatings to prove themselves. 

I have not been active in the politics in the game ever, but the underlying point remains. This thread just furthers the point on why a successful coalition could never be built.

Like I said, Mutually Assured Destruction. Nothing against them personal, but I call it like I see it. I also do not think I have ever spoken to Rose/VE. Just a casual otherworld player with a PnW nation.

It's definitely possible for them to get hit now that they've isolated themselves. But why would anyone want to re-unify your sphere by targetting VE/Rose? If anything, the only people it'd be remotely smart for is you (NPO).

Unless NPO and friends are going to be the ones doing the ripping, I don't see that happening soon to VE/Rose.

I don't see Syndicate-Sphere looking to punish them for leaving the over treatied world behind a bit, I'd imagine they'd be more like to go after you all again then hit Rose/VE. 

For the record, I agree with you.

T-Pain's speculation is just based on how he's observed things in his browser game experience. 

Nothing else to say here really.

Best of luck to Paragon.

• Upvote 2

Zero wouldn't complain about it, he would destroy the status quo. 

You are the definition of a weeb, now calm down meow.

That is not how politics plays out in this type of game.  It will always resolve to a bi-polar alliance structure.

Congrats to both of you!

Which I find boring as !@#$ lol

209cb3ddfb36e63567a77320a26faeb6.png

Which I find boring as !@#$ lol

A bipolar world is reality.  I do suppose you could maintain a tripolar one for a bit but it will regress to a bipolar one.  I make no claims about its boring-ness or not.

-signature removed for rules violation-

A bipolar world is reality.  I do suppose you could maintain a tripolar one for a bit but it will regress to a bipolar one.  I make no claims about its boring-ness or not.

not really. Tripolar i could accept, but thats a really forced acceptance.

• Upvote 1

HoloSig2017.png.afe1505c82cc3db09be025a9

• Wiki Mod

Congrats Rose & VE, condolences treaty web. Also for clarification does this include protectorates being dropped?

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Protectorates and optional defence are kept, everything else is gone (treaty web shows who is kept) (I withhold the right to be wrong lol)

Paragon 0/

Edited by Rook
  • Upvote 1

Jl0McAJ.gif

Mans two modes of existence can be thought of as his light and dark side. He is either the Protector or the Ravager. The Immovable Object or the Unstoppable Force.

Congrats Rose & VE, condolences treaty web. Also for clarification does this include protectorates being dropped?

All MD level treaties are dropped, so Valkyrie, Alpha, UPN, and The Light Federation.

WTF, Fark and Pantheon treaties are still valid, so are our protectorates with Oblivion, The 13th, Order of Storms, and Rotary Club International.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Upvote 5

XLL3z4T.gif

/o Rose, VE

Why mutual aggression?

Blood for the blood god, duh

(Also, been waiting for this for like a year, damn)

• Upvote 1

Dec 26 18:48:22 <JacobH[Arrgh]>    God your worse the grealind >.>

Been waiting for this change.

I hate treaty chess, and now the only treaty chess we play is with our closest ally, whom we have bought closer.

o/ To a new era, whether our blood will rain due to this remains to be seen, but at least we decided to mess with the stagnation in the bipolar world

• Upvote 2

As you sow, so shall you reap

Good on you guys for paving the way to end the stagnation that rots this world. It takes a brave leader to take the first step. I as well as many of my colleagues applaud both VE and Rose for the innovation the courage they have shown this day. 

o/

• Upvote 4

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

Ballsy play, with this much on the line. Paragon has my respect for this move, and I congratulate you for having the courage to take such steps to make the game fresh for everyone. 

However, I do have a question. What about shared protectorates, like OOS? Will Rose continue to coordinate with UPN over that one?

Roll Squeegee pact with Redarmy and Ameyuri

Blues Brothers pact with Redarmy

Leader of the Elyion Resistance. If it's backed by NPO, you know it's evil

Ballsy play, with this much on the line. Paragon has my respect for this move, and I congratulate you for having the courage to take such steps to make the game fresh for everyone. 

However, I do have a question. What about shared protectorates, like OOS? Will Rose continue to coordinate with UPN over that one?

We've held protectorates jointly with non-allied alliances before, most notably Pantheon. We will continue to do what we believe is in OOS's best interests.

Finally decided to go with the "Flip the table" option eh Keegoz? 

Clearly I have referenced House of Cards too often.

• Upvote 6

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Gaslighting is wrong, mmmk?

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.