Syndicate Press Release: Kangaroo's meat sales increase by 200%!

Valakias

Lol. If the purpose of this thread is to try and convince individual members of Alpha to surrender, you are failing that. GG. 

The purpose of this thread was to give you a further chance to make a fool out of yourself.

And you succeeded.

Congratulations.

• Upvote 4

Doesn't work.

Because it was set to stick around for a week because HOLY SHIT THIS IS STILL AN ISSUE A WEEK LATER.

I'll take care of it in about 3 hours or so. 

@Partisan: You're on vacation. Be on vacation :P

For those who truly feel the need to re-read them:

https://cryptobin.co/c3n6l6r8

Password: wellwetried

Edited by Roy Mustang

I guess if Steve/the rest of Alpha wants to tank themselves and absolutely ruin any remaining shred of trust, credibility, and respect they once had, they might as well go all in at this point; they basically have to now. Once you've dug a hole this deep there's really no climbing back up. My question to Steve is, was it worth it? Refusing to be reasonable and apologize for an obvious wrongdoing to avoid the mild discomfort of admitting you were wrong in exchange for all of this?

eStUYHv.png

Alpha was bachkchanneling for a coalition against Mensa/tS. tS was plotting for an attack against possible belligerents. Both sides got to fight who they wanted, demanding an apology for it seems odd. 

Many have commented RE the apology not being related to the attacking, so I'll put that aside.

I want to note, though, that we actually didn't want to fight Alpha. After last war, we very simply wanted nothing to do with them, and I think virtually every post they've made in the past couple weeks is a decent demonstration, even to an outside observer, of why that might be. Everything about what we'd heard from and about Alpha's position indicated to us that conflict was an inevitability. We didn't seek out that conflict: we reacted to it.

We were prepared, as Alpha's steep drop in the alliance ranking may attest. But I would hesitate even to call us the aggressor, considering the circumstances. We did declare war on Alpha before they were able to convince anyone to declare war on us, but that's a pretty small part of the overall picture in my eyes at least. :P

• Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

damn at Pre nailing it on page 4, hat off to you

01:58:39 <BeowulftheSecond> Belisarius of The Byzantine Empire has sent your nation $0.00, 0.00 food, 0.00 coal, 0.00 oil, 0.00 uranium, 0.00 lead, 0.00 iron, 0.00 bauxite, 0.00 gasoline, 0.00 munitions, 1,000.00 steel, and 0.00 aluminum from the alliance bank of Rose.
01:58:46 <BeowulftheSecond> someone please explain 
01:59:12 <%Belisarius> sleep deprivatin is a &#33;@#&#036; @_@
01:59:14 â€” %Belisarius shrugs
01:59:18 <BeowulftheSecond> we're at WAR. WE ARE BURNING EACH OTHER'S PIXELS

Hope Solo is literally the only one I can confidently say was actively involved (and not just complacent or obstructive) because she literally flat-out accused Eumir of the rape joke before the image was even changed.

I read this later on in one of your helpful summary posts. Geez, man... that's terrible.

And to think I went the extra mile to message Hope Solo directly to try to make it clear that someone had changed that image without Eumir's knowledge/permission and that it had, in fact, been a funny shitposting flow chart guide originally (as myself and others witnessed in the original thread). Hope's responses to me were somewhat puzzling, but I was willing to believe that -- at the very least -- Hope was being honest in her actions/indignation in the original thread (as is Alpha's official story at the moment). Oh well.

For those who truly feel the need to re-read them:

https://cryptobin.co/c3n6l6r8

Password: wellwetried

Holy crap, I hope members of Alpha can see and understand how much of an asshat Steve was being. That's the nice word for it, because he was either acting that way on purpose or just being thick. After all, I suppose insisting that Partisan or Roy confirm Val's legitimacy ONCE isn't so bad... but AGAIN?? Just disrespecting Val like this is really how you want to open peace negotiations??

I'd probably make a terrible alliance leader, but even I wouldn't make that mistake. The bit I'm talking about is from 14:05 to 14:16 -- I mean, that's where Roy confirms it once and then twice to Steve. The actual confirmation talk continues to go on and on after that, further disrespecting Val, as Partisan has to say it again at 14:18, and then Steve turns around and continues to talk to Partisan and Roy at 14:19... and then Roy says it again at 14:21... My gosh, is a little respect so much to ask? I'm sighing and shaking my head in exasperation just reading this log. Can't imagine what it must be like to actually have to deal with this.

It does make me think that all peace negotiations should be conducted publicly in front of other members of each alliance, though, just so each side can see what their leadership is like. ;P

Also, maybe James II could give peace negotiations a shot? Couldn't go worse than this. Unless, of course, Steve doesn't trust James to speak for him. I dunno, just a thought. I've found James to be reasonable, speaking personally. *shrugs*

I do think the apology asked for in that log should be included, though, after everything that's happened. If Steve doesn't want to claim responsibility for something he or one of his alliance-mates did -- or he really DIDN'T do it -- he should at least find out who really did it, name the guilty party, and make them apologize. It's better than going around and around in this dance of:

t$: Apologize for what happened!

Alpha: NAP! NAP-NAP-NAP!!!

t$: Apology!

Alpha: NAP!

Seriously.

I hope more recent negotiations have been more fruitful. Otherwise, I look forward to the announcement that kangaroo meat sales have increased by 400%.

I hope more recent negotiations have been more fruitful. Otherwise, I look forward to the announcement that kangaroo meat sales have increased by 400%.

There would have to be more recent negotiations in order for them to have been fruitful :P

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12773-future-for-alpha/?p=238116

I wouldn't hold my breath RE: James. Although I suppose he could always surprise me by turning some small fraction of his assuredly-completely-real outrage from the post I quoted above inwards and, presumably, kicking out several members of his own alliance.

I'm sure there is some very legitimate reason he hasn't done this yet, considering how seriously he seemed to take the posts by our member, and how disappointed he seemed in our response (which it's hard for even the most biased party to not recognize was "something", as opposed to Alpha gov's "nothing").

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

There would have to be more recent negotiations in order for them to have been fruitful :P

girl-facepalm.gif

...You mean this log from ten days ago was it? A 20-minute conversation of mostly posturing and really odd, stubborn pride on Steve's part while t$ leaders try to get him to show some basic respect to the t$ FA representative? ...No one's tried for peace since? That's kind of funny, but also sad/stupid.  :blink:

https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12773-future-for-alpha/?p=238116

I wouldn't hold my breath RE: James. Although I suppose he could always surprise me by turning some small fraction of his assuredly-completely-real outrage from the post I quoted above inwards and, presumably, kicking out several members of his own alliance.

I'm sure there is some very legitimate reason he hasn't done this yet, considering how seriously he seemed to take the posts by our member, and how disappointed he seemed in our response (which it's hard for even the most biased party to not recognize was "something", as opposed to Alpha gov's "nothing").

*reads Roy's and James's posts there*

Yipes. I'm beginning to think this log should be required to be posted whenever a member of Alpha tries to put all the blame on t$ for peace talks breaking down.

Err... How about Greatnate, then?  :D

Edited by Ekaterina Kalmyk

Wow....asshat is an understatement in this one...not only do you not even acknowledge Synd gov, you have the audacity to demand a 6month NAP?...Yea...on what world do you think you have shown the level of trust and respect for that.

If I didn't know better Steve, I'd say you were purposely doing whatever you can to keep the war going so you allies can hit a weaker Syndicate.

It does make me think that all peace negotiations should be conducted publicly in front of other members of each al It's better than going around and around in this dance of:

t$: Apologize for what happened!

Alpha: NAP! NAP-NAP-NAP!!!

t$: Apology!

Alpha: NAP!

Seriously.

Holy &#33;@#&#036;. That sounds like my niece :/

• Upvote 1

4DKO1Df450x175_zps30h9x0af.png

If I didn't know better Steve, I'd say you were purposely doing whatever you can to keep the war going so you allies can hit a weaker Syndicate.

Steve doing something to benefit anyone but himself?!?! What nonsense!

eStUYHv.png

One would think if there's no trust to be spared between both parties, then the best possible outcome would be continued war.

War?

Alpha has 273,379 soldiers, 3,639 tanks, 644 planes, 55 ships, and 7 missiles spread out over 31 members, 14 of whom are on beige. 

t$ across its entire alliance averages 119,977 soldiers, 6,424 tanks, and 726 planes. The average singular member of t$ has more military than Alpha has as a whole. Its not a war, at this point its just a police action. 

• Upvote 4

That has been done before, and those guys got mollywhopped. Knowing these guys, that's probably what they're doing and probably believe that it's gonna work lmfao. I hope that that's their plan so we can see a rerun of that with different actors.

Edited by Eumirbago
Lxr4VfE.png

War?

Alpha has 273,379 soldiers, 3,639 tanks, 644 planes, 55 ships, and 7 missiles spread out over 31 members, 14 of whom are on beige.

t$ across its entire alliance averages 119,977 soldiers, 6,424 tanks, and 726 planes. The average singular member of t$ has more military than Alpha has as a whole. Its not a war, at this point its just a police action.

Pretty much. I'll give alpha credit though, they have a strong internal propaganda machine. They honestly believe they are winning the $ war.

q8nfyvc.gif

That has been done before, and those guys got mollywhopped. Knowing these guys, that's probably what they're doing and probably believe that it's gonna work lmfao. I hope that that's their plan so we can see a rerun of that with different actors.

That's not a rerun, that's a reboot. 

• Upvote 1

War?

Ok I stand corrected. Nothing to see here. Edited by Auctor