Syndicate Press Release: Kangaroo's meat sales increase by 200%!

Valakias

What Vanek stated.

It would have been a simple white peace if the leader of their alliance didn't coordinate a highly inappropriate character attack, with others in Alpha, against one of our own.

Is it still a stunt if it's true? 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Is it still a stunt if it's true?

And here, I present to you, one of the culprits not showing a single shred of conscience or dignity.

In fact they all seem quite satisfied with themselves. Don't they?

That's why an apology is so important now.

• Upvote 4

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

I'm sure that's the story in it's entirety.

I left out the parts where Placentica has acted like a child and actively dug his heels in to make matters worse, and how Alpha put themselves in this situation and truly deserves worse than they are getting.

But yeah, that's most of it for sure.

And here, I present to you, one of the culprits not showing a single shred of conscience or dignity.

Fact: After being criticized for his post, Eumirbago felt the need to edit and remove said part in post. 

Fact: Eumirbago was criticized and reported not by Placentica, but by Hope Solo, who was offended by the post. 

It's part of the past now, the mods have talked to Eumirbago and closed the case. If you honestly expect us to apologize for Hope Solo reporting Eumirbago, we won't. She was offended by the post, and we support her. She has the right to report inappropriate content to the mods, just like everyone else here. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Fact: After being criticized for his post, Eumirbago felt the need to edit and remove said part in post. 

Fact: Eumirbago was criticized and reported not by Placentica, but by Hope Solo, who was offended by the post. 

It's part of the past now, the mods have talked to Eumirbago and closed the case. If you honestly expect us to apologize for Hope Solo reporting Eumirbago, we won't. She was offended by the post, and we support her. She has the right to report inappropriate content to the mods, just like everyone else here. 

b4eg4.jpg

• Upvote 5

Ole2.png

Fact: it has been proven as well as verified by various uninvolved parties that the post initially featured a different image, linked directly from your leader's post.

Fact: it has been proven that the image was altered while link stayed the same.

Fact: the only way to do so is by logging into the hostaccount.

Fact: as Steve posted the image as being alpha propaganda, and as it is edited to be tS specific, Steve either is the owner/host, or knows the owner/host. This makes him the perpetrator at worst or complicit at best.

Fact: hope solo's post apparently was made before the image edit even came through.

Fact: alpha made a point of weaponizing the edit as soon as it could. It's failure is irrelevant to the intent.

Fact: when the truth was uncovered, vocal alpha members including alpha leadership immediately dredged up an old and taken care of issue, blowing it out of proportion and using it as a strawman to drag attention away from their gross misconduct.

Fact: The Syndicate will not stand for Alpha's continuous use of OOC attacks and slander for political gain, as it views such conduct to be a cancer to this community.

Fact: As such, Alpha will either have to take accountability for its actions, or continue to find itself suppressed from the field and marginalized.

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 4

os9LcJK.gif

That's a really cute attempt at fan fiction.

For those of us that like facts, I recommend starting here: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12773-future-for-alpha/?p=238142

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented
  • Upvote 1

So, Eumirbago didn't make a joke about rape? 

So, Eumirbago didn't make a joke about rape?

Yes. You obviously know this by now and are actively trying to exacerbate things, or clearly misinformed.

Either way you should probably think before opening your mouth again.

Yes. You obviously know this by now and are actively trying to exacerbate things, or clearly misinformed.

Either way you should probably think before opening your mouth again.

:P

Edited by Caecus

Hope Solo doesn't, which is why I wonder why she wants to continue to associate with those in Alpha who perpetrated such an inappropriate image swap in the first place. From what I can tell, she genuinely seems to believe Steve was not the one who swapped out the image he was hosting with a rape joke, though.

But yes, I think Alpha should consider the behavior of their leader and of Caecus (in this thread, if nothing else) seriously.

Good luck getting that apology -- even though I doubt it'll ever happen. Alpha leadership can feel free to prove me wrong, but I don't think they will. *shrugs*

Hope Solo doesn't, which is why I wonder why she wants to continue to associate with those in Alpha who perpetrated such an inappropriate image swap in the first place. From what I can tell, she genuinely seems to believe Steve was not the one who swapped out the image he was hosting with a rape joke, though.

But yes, I think Alpha should consider the behavior of their leader and of Caecus (in this thread, if nothing else) seriously.

Good luck getting that apology -- even though I doubt it'll ever happen. Alpha leadership can feel free to prove me wrong, but I don't think they will. *shrugs*

Hope Solo is literally the only one I can confidently say was actively involved (and not just complacent or obstructive) because she literally flat-out accused Eumir of the rape joke before the image was even changed. Edited by Wilhelm the Demented
  • Upvote 2

When was the image changed and when was Eumor reported?

I'll redirect you to this post https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12773-future-for-alpha/?p=238151

I honestly find this all displeasing, because this should have been archived as soon as it happened, we would have had a nice and pleasant IC drama and left this thing behind. Yet we found ourselves forced to drag this on because i can't comprehend how an alliance that demands apologies for something lesser than negates the same courtesy when something clearly worse happens.

This is a matter of respect among players and if we are to be treated this way, i'm not seeing any progress in relations any time soon. Make this step, and we can bring it back to IC and find a way to end this, if you want to. You can imagine how impossibly hard is to ask for more from a white peace when this still exists and is around. 

Because i think its gotten to a point where its just really boring, for both of us, the ball is and always has been in your court.

• Upvote 1

This whole eumir thing is getting pretty ridiculous. Alpha has not accepted peace because Alpha wants a NAP and t$ doesn't. That is the only reason why this war is not over. This apology or no apology has no impact on why Alpha is still warring with t$. As long as t$ decides NAP is acceptable, then Steve will do whatever backflips, apologies, whatever whatever nonsense is required to placate t$ members for his "wrongdoings". If t$ doesn't want NAP, then I guess we will continue this "rubble warfare".

This whole eumir thing is getting pretty ridiculous. Alpha has not accepted peace because Alpha wants a NAP and t$ doesn't. That is the only reason why this war is not over. This apology or no apology has no impact on why Alpha is still warring with t$. As long as t$ decides NAP is acceptable, then Steve will do whatever backflips, apologies, whatever whatever nonsense is required to placate t$ members for his "wrongdoings". If t$ doesn't want NAP, then I guess we will continue this "rubble warfare".

May i suggest you (re?)read the negotiation logs?

Plancentica states very clearly he will NOT apologize.

Edited by DodgyBobMcMayday

I don't even understand how you'd even refuse to apologize until after an NAP. That's not how apologizes work. Either you know you did something wrong and apologize or you don't. An apology is worth shit if you start demanding stuff for it.

• Upvote 6

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

It is getting ridiculous, it was always ridiculous, from the moment your representative refused to even acknlowedge that the event even happened in the first place, so, please tell me how am i supposed to even entertain the thought of a treaty among our two alliances if your leaders can't even act on the basic principles of mutual respect?

I'm sure you can quite see our problem here.

To put it succinctly: Why bother signing a NAP with an entity that refuses to apologize for a wrong it obviously committed?

When trust = none, a NAP (the literal embodiment of trust) is obviously us conceding more to Alpha than they deserve.

• Upvote 1

You know he asked for a 6 month NAP. I can tell you right now there isn't a single important alliance in this game that would agree to anything more than a month or two NAP at most. But really Steve is just bat shit crazy at this point and I'm glad he told his members to stop posting because some of them were just god awful at shitposting.

Also to put a 6 month timeline in perspective for this game. Last year we had 2-3 major conflicts in that time. That's also 180 days of building or 18 cities you can hypothetically build. If I knew my alliance was safe for 6 months you know damn straight everyone would be building a city every 10 days as we slowly built up a warchest for that war we eventually have to fight in like 8 months maybe.

And don't pull this shit about Alpha would join a war if their ally gets hit. There are literal logs and screenshots of Steve saying his plan (when he started Alpha) is to ally both sides so he can avoid as many wars as he can. He's a pixel hugger until the end and I can easily see him using that 6 month NAP to just pixel hug it up. He spent Alpha's bank on buying him two cities that are worth avoid half a billion in city costs alone. He is just THAT type of guy.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

Read the logs. Steve explicitly stated that he refused to apologize for his actions. I'm getting very curious as to how alpha leadership has informed it's members in various events...

If you don't have access to the logs, feel free to let us know and we will drop you a link.

os9LcJK.gif