Monthly Political Power Rankings

Kevanovia

16 minutes ago, hidude45454 said:

TFP not #1 and rest of Johnsons not even in the top 25, who are you and what have you done to Kev?

This top 25 was created by the people in charge. If I had my way, I would give Johnsons all 25 spots 

• Haha 2

image.gif.d80770bf646703bba00c14ad52088af9.gif

5 hours ago, Sval said:

I'd love to know the methodology in detail.
Because I have no idea why OWR is on there.

You think you can be so maleficent that IQ was scared of you and somehow you won’t be on the list? Too much lorry fumes, friend.

14 hours ago, Sval said:

I'd love to know the methodology in detail.
Because I have no idea why OWR is on there.

Lack of competition. There are really only a handful of alliances that have accumulated political power. For the rest of the alliances: the Power Ranking experts took into account public image, ability and decision-making history (and the impact that said history has) when it comes to the political landscape. For example, one of the questions asked to the Power Ranking committee was "Who would a power bloc accept into their ranks?". According to the experts, OWR would land in the top-25. That may not be saying much when you look at who you're up against, but it's still top-25. 🍻

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Kevanovia said:

Lack of competition. There are really only a handful of alliances that have accumulated political power. For the rest of the alliances: the Power Ranking experts took into account public image, ability and decision-making history (and the impact that said history has) when it comes to the political landscape. For example, one of the questions asked to the Power Ranking committee was "Who would a power bloc accept into their ranks?". According to the experts, OWR would land in the top-25. That may not be saying much when you look at who you're up against, but it's still top-25. 🍻

Your experts need to cut back on the sauce 🍻

• Upvote 1

<~Sval[OWR]> I am your father.
<+Curufinwe> Can confirm

On 4/2/2022 at 2:26 PM, Vanek26 said:

We are #8? But I was told we were boring people that did nothing ever. 

Right. So if you did anything, it would be really big news and would make a really big impact. 

Hey Krampus, the signature edit is under account settings. Actually, here's the link.

https://forum.politicsandwar.com/index.php?/settings/signature/

Kind of surprised to see OWR and ASM up there rather than one of the big players in the lower tier. DP would be higher than ASM in my book honestly, though perhaps ASM is boosted by being in the sphere they're in?

• Like 1

• Kevanovia changed the title to Monthly Political Power Rankings
  • 3 weeks later...

Monthly Political Power Rankings (MPPR)
(Month 2)

1. The Knights Radiant (TKR)
2. Cataclysm (Cata) (+1)
3. The Syndicate (t$) (+1)
4. Rose (🌹) (-2)
5. Grumpy Old Bastards (Grumpy)
6. Eclipse
7. The Hand of Fate (HoF)
8. Guardian
9. The Commonwealth (tCW)
10. The Fighting Pacifists (TFP)
11. The Immortals (TI)
12. Black Knights (BK)
13. Bourbon Street (Bourbon)
14. Oblivion
15. Weebunism (💮) (+1)
16. The Legion (SPQR) (+1)
17. Serpentis (+1)
18. Carthago (CTO) (+2)
19. The Wei (TW) 
20. The Fear (Fear) (-5)
21. House Stark (HS)
22. Order of the White Rose (OWR)
23. United Purple Nations (UPN)
24. Advanced Syndicalist Mechanics (ASM)
25. Name Withheld (?)

Minimal movement due to minimal activity. Cata absorbed DP. t$ regained some lost gov. The Wei and The Fear lost a few folks - that's about all that happened. Let's see what May brings us.

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/2/2022 at 8:53 AM, Kevanovia said:

According to the experts.

How do these supposed "experts" get such title as PnW expert as well whom are they even? 
I have a gut feeling how this might be settled down but I'd rather attest to see more myself. Try to get to know than assume/guesstimate.

• Upvote 1

memed-iFirwof650x150.jpeg.9a92ea222b9010f9fae97a1864a6759e.jpeg     

I personally voice my own thought processes based on own desires of informational curiosity as well love for discussion based on questions & statements I made rather just trusting info like a collective hivemind

Onlookers whom hop aboard the brainless bandwagon refusing inter-articulation based on assumed feelings, go give yo balls a tug ya tit fugger         

On 5/1/2022 at 2:47 PM, Kevanovia said:

(Month 2)

2. Cataclysm (Cata) (+1)
4. Rose (🌹) (-2)
6. Eclipse
8. Guardian
11. The Immortals (TI)
12. Black Knights (BK)
14. Oblivion
15. Weebunism (💮) (+1)
17. Serpentis (+1)
18. Carthago (CTO) (+2)
19. The Wei (TW) 
20. The Fear (Fear) (-5)
21. House Stark (HS)
25. Name Withheld (?)

Minimal movement due to minimal activity. Cata absorbed DP. t$ regained some lost gov. The Wei and The Fear lost a few folks - that's about all that happened. Let's see what May brings us.

I'm not quite sure I understand your logic. You are basing this metric upon what?
Firstly, what does "political power" constitute? How can Cataclyn absorbing Divine Phoenix be any indicator of additional Political Power to throw around Orbis, lol. If anything, I would argue that move knock them down on the ranking. Not due to any preconceptions of intellect or skill, but because with the inane level of bloat and quite possibly dead weight that will be absorbed (case in point, DP still houses 53 members), it would pull Cata away from global affairs while they sort out, and refine, their internals.

Massive lol at TFP being higher than TI. Deserving. For TI.
How can you insult ASM by playing UPN above them. Abhorrent.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Tartarus said:

I'm not quite sure I understand your logic. You are basing this metric upon what?
Firstly, what does "political power" constitute? How can Cataclyn absorbing Divine Phoenix be any indicator of additional Political Power to throw around Orbis, lol. If anything, I would argue that move knock them down on the ranking. Not due to any preconceptions of intellect or skill, but because with the inane level of bloat and quite possibly dead weight that will be absorbed (case in point, DP still houses 53 members), it would pull Cata away from global affairs while they sort out, and refine, their internals.

Massive lol at TFP being higher than TI. Deserving. For TI.
How can you insult ASM by playing UPN above them. Abhorrent.

Cata acquired Ramona and V, and padded some areas of tiering. The way that they have handled merges in the past points to this being a positive for them. It won’t take very long to sort the grouping with how they are setting up their training AA.

TFP has a higher political standing than TI since Tyrion stepped down. TFP is a similar alliance to TI, but with a slightly better political ceiling atm. Ah, I just realized that you said this take was correct. Cheers.

I have a lot of love and respect for the people in ASM - I was also tied directly to them and were their closest ally for a time. Not much has seemed to change in the way of political power, as they are in a similar situation. I know they were trying to cut bloat beforehand and had additional FA-plans but I haven’t seen much movement from them (aside from following Rose over to Celestial). Love those guys, but sadly until they provide a different kind of experience in a war - the experts who create these rankings view their political standing as #24.

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Upvote 1

On 5/1/2022 at 1:17 AM, Kevanovia said:

(Month 2)

2. Cataclysm (Cata) (+1)
4. Rose (🌹) (-2)
6. Eclipse
8. Guardian
11. The Immortals (TI)
12. Black Knights (BK)
14. Oblivion
15. Weebunism (💮) (+1)
17. Serpentis (+1)
18. Carthago (CTO) (+2)
19. The Wei (TW) 
20. The Fear (Fear) (-5)
21. House Stark (HS)
25. Name Withheld (?)

I think it's a lot harder to pin down exact rankings in the age of spheres.

Who holds more power at the end of the day? The active FA team that strives to make moves, or the group that holds (and uses) the veto power in their sphere to suppress said moves?

I would switch several of these around, based on my personal perception. But overall not that bad.

• 2 months later...

May Monthly Political Power Rankings (MPPR)
(Month 3)

2. Cataclysm (Cata) 
3. The Syndicate (t$) 
4. Rose (🌹
6. Eclipse
8. Guardian
11. The Immortals (TI)
12. Black Knights (BK)
14. Oblivion
15. Weebunism (💮)
16. The Legion (SPQR)
17. Serpentis 
18. Carthago (CTO)
19. The Wei (TW) 
20. The Circus  
21. House Stark (HS)
25. Name Withheld

May's rankings went unchanged....totally not because I forgot to update them. Nope. No way.

Edited by Kevanovia
  • Haha 1

June Monthly Political Power Rankings (MPPR)
(Month 4)

1. Cataclysm (Cata) (+1)
2. The Knights Radiant (TKR) (-1)
3. Grumpy Old Bastards (Grumpy) (+2)
4. The Syndicate (-1)
5. Eclipse (+1)
6. The Hand of Fate (HoF) (+1)
7. Rose (🌹) (-3)
8. Guardian
9. The Immortals (TI) (+2)
11. The Commonwealth (tCW) (-2)
12. Black Knights (BK)
13. Carthago (CTO) (+5)
14. Oblivion
15. Weebunism (💮)
16. Aurora
17. Name Withheld (+8)
18. House Stark (HS) (+3)
19. The Wei (TW) 
20. United Purple Nations (UPN) (+2)
21. Dark Brotherhood (Unranked)
22. Hogwarts (Unranked)
23. The Legion (SPQR) (-7)
25. Paradise (Unranked)

June's rankings saw a lot of movement. Cataclysm gained the new #1 spot due to the amount of wins they received - from getting PR points on the botched bloc-to-bloc MDP/the poisoned relationship of their two rival alliances/the war between their two rival alliances (The same goes to other major Clock alliances). Speaking of war...TKR only fell one spot because they were able to rebound by initiating a war, redeeming some of the points that would have otherwise been lost. The biggest 'macro' loss of June ended up being Rose, which once again finds itself in a similar situation of being in a losing war with little-to-no PR gain. The Syndicate, by contrast, are not taking a hit due to the way they have generally conducted themselves. They are in a much better position to bounce back than their counterparts in Rose on a PR-level.

Meanwhile Grumpy and Name Withheld gain major points as TKR takes the major blunt of the blame of the atrocious bloc-to-bloc treaty that was signed earlier, and benefits from the most recent war. 

Some of the biggest downturns go to the Back Room alliances as we see Bourbon Street completely fall off the rankings. The once promising alliance looks to be in a rough spot along with the rest of the Back Room grouping. Carthago gains spots by nature of folks disbanding/being a let down in the recent wars.

• Upvote 1