An Appeal to The Syndicate

Horsecock

7 hours ago, Emperor Adam said:

It's likely the main reason I quit, honestly. I pretty much ruined the game for myself by trying to be someone else and shoddily copying their FA style instead of making my own

Was that really your goal?  Because...  uh...  wow.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

The other thing that really pisses me off about tS is the victimhood they claim about the IQ war, hey boys, I dont know if you remember we were fighting and getting crushed for months before you showed up, so for you to act like you are the big victims in that war is ridiculous, you get points for joining in on a losing war, but the victim hood claimed afterwards is not appreciated by any of us that were stuck in that war for 9 months.

And here I thought it was silly of them to claim being victims when they clearly aided them initially.  The whole "Hey, let's attack Guardian/Grumpy".

Then again, most of the leadership for Syndicate after IQ left were members of our bloc during that time, so maybe that's where it comes from?

5 hours ago, Zed said:

The people have spoken. The content god demands content. Walls of text have been demanded. People do not want radio silence!

Just doing my part, friend.

Not bad! Make that 20k+ characters, Partisan - lest you lose your WoT crown.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
xzhPlEh.png?1

I've been gone from the game a while frankly when I left I think Partisan was still in charge of T$ or at that point Emperor Adam was

I have always had a massive respect for T$ and seen them as a prestigious alliance with a solid economic base and something to aspire to try and be similar to 

Those hopes ended up getting dissolved when I had negative interactions with Krampus and several other close members to Syndi allies

Beyond this I can safely say my opinion of horsecock was fairly negative but I do have a heavy respect for calling people out when it's well deserved 

This game is toxic and is likely to remain toxic no matter the side in this we all have toxic gov and members we are ignoring due to them being friends 

I can even say some the people I am in theory connected to are individuals id never want to be connected to due to toxic past relationships and im gonna do my best to keep things clean and try to work out previous issues

There was a time during GW14 where I was also incredibly toxic and for that I actually have several deep regrets and have for a few years at this point 

I hope PnW can overcome its nature of general toxicity and I also hope we can have more civilized forum discussions.

I also wanna apologize for my poor written message I'm on my phone as I'm living in a car and don't have access to my pc

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Nokia Rokia said:

I've been gone from the game a while frankly when I left I think Partisan was still in charge of T$ or at that point Emperor Adam was

I have always had a massive respect for T$ and seen them as a prestigious alliance with a solid economic base and something to aspire to try and be similar to 

Those hopes ended up getting dissolved when I had negative interactions with Krampus and several other close members to Syndi allies

Beyond this I can safely say my opinion of horsecock was fairly negative but I do have a heavy respect for calling people out when it's well deserved 

This game is toxic and is likely to remain toxic no matter the side in this we all have toxic gov and members we are ignoring due to them being friends 

I can even say some the people I am in theory connected to are individuals id never want to be connected to due to toxic past relationships and im gonna do my best to keep things clean and try to work out previous issues

There was a time during GW14 where I was also incredibly toxic and for that I actually have several deep regrets and have for a few years at this point 

I hope PnW can overcome its nature of general toxicity and I also hope we can have more civilized forum discussions.

I also wanna apologize for my poor written message I'm on my phone as I'm living in a car and don't have access to my pc

Thanks for your input, Nokia. I know that I, personally, have not had the best relationship with you in the past lol, but I know that it has improved lately and I am honestly happy about that. I don't like unresolved issues.

Also, sorry to hear you're living out of your car right now. Is it temporary or..?

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

Enlightened of Chaos, Event Horizon

QA Team and API Team

1 minute ago, Jacob Knox said:

Thanks for your input, Nokia. I know that I, personally, have not had the best relationship with you in the past lol, but I know that it has improved lately and I am honestly happy about that. I don't like unresolved issues.

Also, sorry to hear you're living out of your car right now. Is it temporary or..?

Its due to trying to help someone I just spent to much money and they chose to leave instead of helping with rent so its gonna be fine I'll just sleep in my car some till I can save enough money my only concern is for my cat mostly 

As for our bad past im sorry I don't fully remember it if you wanna talk about it feel free to DM me

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eschatos said:

Y'all wild. Textwalls galore.

I know, right? Had to save those last two to a "read later" list, because I have almost reached my mental capacity for the day and I still have some things to do before I go to bed lol.

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

59 minutes ago, Darth Ataxia said:

If I’m not mistaken, it’s been said a few times, but just in case: if T$/HS had an idea as to what NPO was planning regarding hitting TKR four days after our opportune strike on GG, we would not have hit GG.

I'm not going to go further into this, as it's in the past, but I will state that Syndicate was aware of it.  Or at least certain individuals were.  Pretty sure multiple of us warned them what was going on.  Hence the rage when you guys still decided to pull that trigger.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Pablo said:

-Snip-

So ask yourself this, why do members of the community view Syndicate as toxic and/or their closest comparison is NPO?  What's causing that perspective?

People can claim their alliance isn't this or that, but if members outside the alliance are starting to hold a different perspective - something is causing that.  Rumors?  Maybe some people's actions?  etc.

Looking back at my past alliance, for example, I had to deal with people claiming the community I led was racist and sexist, all because of 2 members and a few incidents of bad trolling.  That was a very hard thing to shake off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darth Ataxia said:

Wars without reason or support are why wars like Vietnam and Afghanistan are considered failures by the public and history accounts. Now whether this reason for war be that someone stole your bank, backstabbed you, has a history of transgressions against you (that sounds better than just revenge btw, GoB)

One, its grumpy, come on now.  and let's be real here, people would complain about the CB no matter what we used.  What else is a CB good for if not so both sides can complain about its validity?  I also outlined in my CB, the history of transgressions against us which you even admit to one of them in the next quote (spoiler alert!)

1 hour ago, Darth Ataxia said:

after our opportune strike on GG

I gotta say, working with Guardian to knock you guys over as you showed up one at a time like a stack of dominoes, was legitimately one of the top 3 most fun experiences I have had in this game. (doing the same thing during GnR is also in that list.) granted it was followed by months of infinite sadness.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Buorhann said:

So ask yourself this, why do members of the community view Syndicate as toxic and/or their closest comparison is NPO?  What's causing that perspective?

A bunch of them have misgivings which are unrelated to what HC said, and it's politically expedient to accuse your opponent with this game's Godwin. The comparison is most certainly not limited to just t$; it tended to be thrown around fairly often in wars because again, pure expediency.

Frankly, it's disingenuous as !@#$. As it stands, no leaders or AA's are anywhere near similar to what NPO was in terms of behavior. The FA's landscape has been very tame compared to what it was pre (and very obviously, during) NPOLT. That comparison being levied to any AA simply holds no water.

• Upvote 4

G3.gif.d8066d8dc749ad2d0835fe69095fa73b.gif

On 1/24/2022 at 7:19 PM, Horsecock said:

Here's the problem: You habitually and aggressively dispatch your keyboard warriors (most of which are current or former high gov members) to every public "forum"

make use of the full arsenal of all the most toxic and disingenuous methods of political drama: Gaslighting, blatant hypocrisy, bare-faced lies and misrepresentation, malicious accusations, paranoia, conspiracy theories, self-entitled boasting, and of course simple flaming and insults. In fact, they do little else.

At the same time, you act disproportionally insulted and outraged any time someone makes a negative remark about your own alliance. 

Just re-posting this since we're now on page 5 plus a full blown "Dear Horsecock" letter in response. 

As i read through all these WoTs all I can think is the T$ propaganda machine is out in full force proving HC right. You just love to see it.

All jokes aside, in the midst of the WoTs I also see a lot of T$ self-reflection going on and I think that's a positive. But it's almost easy to forget there's an actual war going on in the background of all this. T$ certainly finds itself in a disadvantage this war but I respect an alliance that nevertheless fights back competently and vigorously... in-game.. with actual troops. Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm still interested in seeing how the war continues to develop, where will T$ find some on the ground spots to salvage some wins other than dropping into nuke turret strategy and turning this into a drawn out boring slog like duck hunt.  To the extent that war performance is still an element of one's reputation and a symbol of power in this game, I think some analysis on that front bears some consideration. But I'll leave that to the big brains and their WoTs to show that they indeed do more than "little else."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

It's ironic there's rhetoric of "bring back discussion and major debate to OWF!" sitting directly next to "Keyboard warriors! Ex-Gov Forum Army! Downvote brigade!".

I've been doing my best, personally, to acknowledge when anyone from either side asserts good points or puts in an effort towards a healthy, respectful discussion. Both sides have their shortcomings—as you surely must admit some of the posts by tS folks here have been less than savory and only further support points asserted by Horsecock et al—but I see some who are genuinely engaging in discussion and major debate, which is an encouraging sign. Neither of us can cherry-pick and define the other side of said discussion/debate by the actions or words of select participants.

In short, yes it is ironic to see that (just as it is ironic to see some tS people being the epitome of what was described here), but there are still those who are actively engaging in this discourse this community arguably needs.

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team

3 minutes ago, Jacob Knox said:

I've been doing my best, personally, to acknowledge when anyone from either side asserts good points or puts in an effort towards a healthy, respectful discussion. Both sides have their shortcomings—as you surely must admit some of the posts by tS folks here have been less than savory and only further support points asserted by Horsecock et al—but I see some who are genuinely engaging in discussion and major debate, which is an encouraging sign. Neither of us can cherry-pick and define the other side of said discussion/debate by the actions or words of select participants.

In short, yes it is ironic to see that (just as it is ironic to see some tS people being the epitome of what was described here), but there are still those who are actively engaging in this discourse this community arguably needs.

>as you surely must admit some of the posts by tS folks here have been less than savory and only further support points asserted by Horsecock et al

>Neither of us can cherry-pick and define the other side of said discussion/debate by the actions or words of select participants.

Surely, you recognise the contradiction here?

27 minutes ago, Shiho Nishizumi said:

A bunch of them have misgivings which are unrelated to what HC said, and it's politically expedient to accuse your opponent with this game's Godwin. The comparison is most certainly not limited to just t$; it tended to be thrown around fairly often in wars because again, pure expediency.

Frankly, it's disingenuous as !@#$. As it stands, no leaders or AA's are anywhere near similar to what NPO was in terms of behavior. The FA's landscape has been very tame compared to what it was pre (and very obviously, during) NPOLT. That comparison being levied to any AA simply holds no water.

I agree that the NPO comparisons need to stop but it doesn't take away the facts that you guys walk an unnecessary fine line. As much as you may want to believe that everyone here is complaining for some political reasons thats not really the case. Many of us are just simply sick of it. The worst part about it is that you guys don't even have the awareness to see how your actions hurts your position. 

• Upvote 4

FORMER LEADER OF COTL. PLEASE GROW INTERNALLY

15 minutes ago, Tartarus said:

Surely, you recognise the contradiction here?

Where am I contradicting myself? I am saying that neither of us can judge the whole of one side based on the actions of some on that side. Perhaps I should have been more clear on that. I meant the reference to some of the responses as an example of that. In that I'm not going to automatically judge you, or anyone else in tS, based strictly on the conduct of a few of your colleagues here.

• Upvote 1

Federation of Knox

QA Team and API Team