Guardian Announcement

Hodor

Awesome to fight with you again Guardian!

So, what happened to all of UPN's defensive war slots?  Hard to blitz an alliance with no warslots.  :lol:

Your guys bugging you about it too?

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 2

The TEst Edict.

Except they didn't even claim that as the reason in their DoW so I think it would be dishonest to cite it as a reason now.

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is what Paragon wanted, a rolling of Covenant.

And TC was more than happy to make it happen. Sounds about right.  :lol:

Edited by Kadin
  • Upvote 1

And TC was more than happy to make it happen. Sounds about right.  :lol:

What bothers me more about this war, is that VE signed the treaty with UPN.  UPN shortly declared.

I'm assuming VE knew this war was happening one way or another, hence the treaty signing to help curb any reactions to UPN ( Which didn't work apparently ).  Yet VE wasn't even fully ready militarily and they have yet to declare on anybody who declared on UPN.

So what was the point of signing the treaty?  Just to officially announce friendship?

Couldn't UPN have waited a day or two to give VE time to finish build up before declaring if they were planning this?

I'm left to think that Impero set this in motion so that his overall goal of getting Covenant rolled worked afterall, but that would give his manipulation skills too much credit if this is the truth of the matter.  "We'll back you buddy!  Oh wait, nevermind, we'll just sit this one out.  Have fun!"

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm left to think that Impero set this in motion so that his overall goal of getting Covenant rolled worked afterall, but that would give his manipulation skills too much credit if this is the truth of the matter.  "We'll back you buddy!  Oh wait, nevermind, we'll just sit this one out.  Have fun!"

That'd be baller. DEIC ain't got nothing on that stab

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

I miss Salty Saru Bot

"In an honest service there is thin commons, low wages, and hard labor; in this, plenty and satiety, pleasure and ease, liberty and power; and who would not balance creditor on this side, when all the hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour look or two at choking. No, a merry life and a short one, shall be my motto." - Bartholomew "Black Bart" Roberts

Green Enforcement Agency will rise again!

There seems to be a big dispute internally as a lot of UPN nations don't agree with this war :P

o/ Guardian, and good luck!

Bet they would be if they were winning :P

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

The problem with VE having planned this is that the post-war outcome is not favorable to VE. I hear Rose in threatening to tear Paragon apart over attempts at intervention, and if you look at what's happening with tC we are going to see some major restructuring post-war.

The game is veering towards hegemoney simply because metastability is metaunstable. After this war, Paragon might collapse, and the most powerful political grouping becomes Mensa and friends, with even the tripartite system becoming something closer to a two-power system or even a one-and-a-half system with both Paragon and tC in inferior positions.

What's more likely is that since VE didn't want to immediately commit to war, and UPN never let VE in on detailed war planning, thinking they'd be capable of handling the opposition by themselves. The detailed war-planning, on the other hand, was terribly botched, with attacking allies of allies as well as directly attacking a treaty partner (independent of the legalese) throwing tC into a PR pit that got them gang-banged by the rest of the game.