2/24/2015 - Missile Patch

Alex

This looks like a great update. Good work master sheep.

• Upvote 1

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Are you kidding? The first ground battle launched against me destroyed half of my tanks; Over 500 gone in an instant. That also halves my air superiority which means if I was equal to them in planes before the attack, I no longer am afterwards. Coupled with the fact that they now have the air superiority to bomb my ships when they feel like it, it isn't hard to see how quickly a slightly more powerful nation can take the initiative almost immediately and keep it. This is especially true in an alliance war when you have other nations to fight who are each as strong as you. I've been against this before and I'm still against this now, there is already to much of an incentive to be the group to launch the first strike, we don't need to to make it even more imbalanced.

Besides, missiles need resources anyways, if a nation is losing they will run out eventually.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

:D

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

Dio-wryyy.gif

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I can dig it

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

6m0xPQ1.gif

• Administrators

Are you kidding? The first ground battle launched against me destroyed half of my tanks; Over 500 gone in an instant. That also halves my air superiority which means if I was equal to them in planes before the attack, I no longer am afterwards. Coupled with the fact that they now have the air superiority to bomb my ships when they feel like it, it isn't hard to see how quickly a slightly more powerful nation can take the initiative almost immediately and keep it. This is especially true in an alliance war when you have other nations to fight who are each as strong as you. I've been against this before and I'm still against this now, there is already to much of an incentive to be the group to launch the first strike, we don't need to to make it even more imbalanced.

Besides, missiles need resources anyways, if a nation is losing they will run out eventually.

What's wrong with encouraging a first-strike system? That favors war preparation, brings down inflation, and reduces stagnation of sitting around waiting for the other guy to make the first move.

• Upvote 4

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

What's wrong with encouraging a first-strike system? That favors war preparation, brings down inflation, and reduces stagnation of sitting around waiting for the other guy to make the first move.

I've been against this before and I'm still against this now, there is already to much of an incentive to be the group to launch the first strike, we don't need to to make it even more imbalanced.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Only one I take issue with is this one:

5) Having Air Superiority, Ground Control, and a Blockade will prevent your opponent from launching missiles at you. Previously, the only way to stop an opponent from hitting you with missiles was to beige them and end the war. Now, if you can best them on land, air, and sea, you can prevent them from lobbing missiles at you while still allowing the war to continue.

If your nation is subject to blockade and having lost air & ground superiority, then missiles were the only way you could fight back.

Now if it happens, then you can't do anything but sit back and watch your nation get destroyed.

I believe reducing the damage, increasing the maintenance and boosting the Iron Dome to 50% would be more than enough to nerf missiles.

• Upvote 2

“Be your friend’s true friend.
Return gift for gift.
Repay laughter with laughter again
but betrayal with treachery.”

Hávamál

baaaaaa

• Upvote 2

If your nation is subject to blockade and having lost air & ground superiority, then missiles were the only way you could fight back.

Now if it happens, then you can't do anything but sit back and watch your nation get destroyed.

I believe reducing the damage, increasing the maintenance and boosting the Iron Dome to 50% would be more than enough to nerf missiles.

Well, that's operating off the belief that if your opponent gets superiority on you it's game over, which isn't true. With actual coordination and a half decent warchest you can break superiority easily enough.

• Upvote 1

uHQTKq6.png

Sigh. You couldn't just remove them from the MAP system? Missiles will still be what the vast majority of attacks will be for. I mean, it's your game, but you keep turning my suggestions into garbage implantation. Wars are still going to be shit. And now the first two projects everyone buys will be missiles and dome. Removing from the map and making dome lessen the damage and remove one missile slot is the far better solution than these changes.

Edited by Prefontaine
  • Upvote 3

scSqPGJ.gif

Lol, there is a nerf and then there is this. 

Making such huge changes is never wise.  I do like a lot of them, the score change was necessary, but you also need to change the stupid 75% updeclare range as well (while only having a 25% downdeclare).

But the upkeep 300% increase is very severe.  Did you really need all of these nerfs?  A simple nerf to the dmg output or bumping the dome would've been enough.

If you are going to change things so drastically you really should allow nations to refund their missiles purchases, as this clearly will cost us with stockpiles a lot of cash/resources in decomming.

Edited by Placentica

I've been against this before and I'm still against this now, there is already to much of an incentive to be the group to launch the first strike, we don't need to to make it even more imbalanced.

Hans and under are completely right about this. Cutting off missiles when your opponent has superiority was an awful idea when you first mentioned it months ago, and it remains an awful idea.

War was already firmly tilted in favor of the attacker. Now it's unbelievably, hilariously tilted in favor of attackers. 

• Upvote 2
wF9Bjre.gif

• Jax locked this topic