Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Pubstomper

New Era

Recommended Posts

 The best times have been when no one knows whats gonna happen next. Hopefully players are brave enough to do the unexpected and push the boundaries on what is possible.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People have been saying the game has been dying for years now – at this point, most people who have some degree of rationality just learn to tune the fearmongering out. I miss BK and what it used to be, and nor do I support disbanding alliances or forcing other alliances to disband, but at the same time with this shakeup we can finally turn a new chapter.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game rests in the hands of the few again. We'll see how they decide to handle things. We can only hope it's interesting and positive. Hearing a lot of good things thus far.

Edited by Epi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idea of the day: "Self fulfilling prophecy". In life as in pnw, a healthy dose of moderation is fine, but we should also seek out what we find to be fun considering this is a game. Games can help or hurt you. Nothing that happens here should be so bad that you can't walk away with your health, but we should endeavor to enjoy our time here so well that it was time well spent.

Here's to a productive and fun year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Epi said:

The game rests in the hands of the few again. We'll see how they decide to handle things. We can only hope it's interesting and positive. Hearing a lot of good things thus far.

Please just give the "elite whale overlords 1%" thing a rest.

It's been debunked so often and in so many ways, you're beating a dead horse and alienating Camelot in the process.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Epi said:

The game rests in the hands of the few again. We'll see how they decide to handle things. We can only hope it's interesting and positive. Hearing a lot of good things thus far.

You're in good hands with your new Fraggle overlords.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, George said:

Well between my 2 (from separate times, to clarify for people) accounts ive been playing for around 4-5 years. I would 100% agree with you however a few things must take place 

 

1. Its time to let go of the hatred everyone has for players or alliances alike, I believe this is a great time to hit reset 

2. Lets actually give mini spheres a go, I hope everyone out there, leaders and FA alike consider this a option. In my ideal world no alliance in the top 5 would sign each other and limit themselves to 1 other top 10 alliance. To many treaties causes a cluserfrick and breeds paranoia and paranoia breeds toxicity and a unhealthy player behavior 

3. Lets try to sign new people and help grow others, I think its the perfect time for larger alliances to take a active role in their prots. Lets encourage growth not try to force it away 

4. I encourage EVERY alliance to send diplomats everywhere, I firmly believe if I were to have known for example some TKR dudes better, the narratives of others would have been harder to take place. With that i think all alliances should do open embassies as well, to allow player base to interact with other alliances. Sure a person may be poached once a while, but in the end if they found a better suited home and pay back their grants, its a overall win for that player and a short term loss for the alliance.

 

I know im sort of a middle person, some like me and some hate me, however I myself am putting all my grudges and dislikes aside and hoping others follow suit. I know some may think its "easy" for me, however I was a member of BK for nearly 2 years (and IQ for nearly 3), its essentially in my blood to dislike TKR ect, so its a challenge. Im not asking anyone to "forgive" me or anyone else for that matter, however please try to set grudges and dislikes aside AKA let them go. I believe if most of us do this, we can help rebuild Orbis to a more friendly, welcoming  environment and weed out the majority of our OOC issues. Lets keep the politics as politics and not personal opinions. 

This is a good post

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, George said:

Well between my 2 (from separate times, to clarify for people) accounts ive been playing for around 4-5 years. I would 100% agree with you however a few things must take place 

 

1. Its time to let go of the hatred everyone has for players or alliances alike, I believe this is a great time to hit reset 

2. Lets actually give mini spheres a go, I hope everyone out there, leaders and FA alike consider this a option. In my ideal world no alliance in the top 5 would sign each other and limit themselves to 1 other top 10 alliance. To many treaties causes a cluserfrick and breeds paranoia and paranoia breeds toxicity and a unhealthy player behavior 

3. Lets try to sign new people and help grow others, I think its the perfect time for larger alliances to take a active role in their prots. Lets encourage growth not try to force it away 

4. I encourage EVERY alliance to send diplomats everywhere, I firmly believe if I were to have known for example some TKR dudes better, the narratives of others would have been harder to take place. With that i think all alliances should do open embassies as well, to allow player base to interact with other alliances. Sure a person may be poached once a while, but in the end if they found a better suited home and pay back their grants, its a overall win for that player and a short term loss for the alliance.

 

I know im sort of a middle person, some like me and some hate me, however I myself am putting all my grudges and dislikes aside and hoping others follow suit. I know some may think its "easy" for me, however I was a member of BK for nearly 2 years (and IQ for nearly 3), its essentially in my blood to dislike TKR ect, so its a challenge. Im not asking anyone to "forgive" me or anyone else for that matter, however please try to set grudges and dislikes aside AKA let them go. I believe if most of us do this, we can help rebuild Orbis to a more friendly, welcoming  environment and weed out the majority of our OOC issues. Lets keep the politics as politics and not personal opinions. 

Can't help but say I agree with this, it's a good post and stance to have 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should all make a firm commitment to ensuring our rivals have as unenjoyable experience playing this game as possible. 

 

On a serious note though, I believe it's every major alliance's responsibility to reinvest on the community by supporting and teaching new alliances how to grow and get involved in the game. 

If we all have that mindset we will naturally see different and varied spheres of influence mixing things up and cultivate a longterm experience for new players and old players alike. 

That's why the Syndicate has almost always believed in SyndiCare and invested a lot of its time into guiding its protectorates. 

 

I'm not sure we'll get back to minispheres in a hurry, but it would be good to cultivate as many diverse and interesting communities as we can.  Alliance rank 10-50 has a lot of potential to swing coalitions and really make things interesting if you let them. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

I'm not sure we'll get back to minispheres in a hurry, but it would be good to cultivate as many diverse and interesting communities as we can.  Alliance rank 10-50 has a lot of potential to swing coalitions and really make things interesting if you let them. 

While I can see the concern with going to mini spheres, the issue I see is the same as this time. If this opportunity is blown, it won’t be possible for quite some time, the annoying truth is if we move to bipolarity, moving away is 100x harder.

People hate giving up a major power lead, the simple fact in my opinion and based it off other games and the events of this game, if we keep bipolarity, the chances of mini spheres just won’t happen, someone will gain to much power and won’t want to give it up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are trying to drop SK but every time they leak our plan

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, George said:

Well between my 2 (from separate times, to clarify for people) accounts ive been playing for around 4-5 years. I would 100% agree with you however a few things must take place 

 

1. Its time to let go of the hatred everyone has for players or alliances alike, I believe this is a great time to hit reset 

2. Lets actually give mini spheres a go, I hope everyone out there, leaders and FA alike consider this a option. In my ideal world no alliance in the top 5 would sign each other and limit themselves to 1 other top 10 alliance. To many treaties causes a cluserfrick and breeds paranoia and paranoia breeds toxicity and a unhealthy player behavior 

3. Lets try to sign new people and help grow others, I think its the perfect time for larger alliances to take a active role in their prots. Lets encourage growth not try to force it away 

4. I encourage EVERY alliance to send diplomats everywhere, I firmly believe if I were to have known for example some TKR dudes better, the narratives of others would have been harder to take place. With that i think all alliances should do open embassies as well, to allow player base to interact with other alliances. Sure a person may be poached once a while, but in the end if they found a better suited home and pay back their grants, its a overall win for that player and a short term loss for the alliance.

 

I know im sort of a middle person, some like me and some hate me, however I myself am putting all my grudges and dislikes aside and hoping others follow suit. I know some may think its "easy" for me, however I was a member of BK for nearly 2 years (and IQ for nearly 3), its essentially in my blood to dislike TKR ect, so its a challenge. Im not asking anyone to "forgive" me or anyone else for that matter, however please try to set grudges and dislikes aside AKA let them go. I believe if most of us do this, we can help rebuild Orbis to a more friendly, welcoming  environment and weed out the majority of our OOC issues. Lets keep the politics as politics and not personal opinions. 

 

2 hours ago, George said:

While I can see the concern with going to mini spheres, the issue I see is the same as this time. If this opportunity is blown, it won’t be possible for quite some time, the annoying truth is if we move to bipolarity, moving away is 100x harder.

People hate giving up a major power lead, the simple fact in my opinion and based it off other games and the events of this game, if we keep bipolarity, the chances of mini spheres just won’t happen, someone will gain to much power and won’t want to give it up 

I'm hesitant to bring in examples from other games when we have examples from this game which disprove the notion that all alliances are inherently unwilling to blow power leads. Syndicate left Syndisphere 1 at its peak. TKR self-imploded its FA in search of a dynamism. BK left and signed with NPO, blowing up the dominant old post-syndicate syndisphere.

 The premise of your post is ideologically sound. A lot of points you make are already aligned with general Syndicate FA policy. While we are open to entertaining all options, I want to note that we are too early. The New Pacific Order remains the #1 alliance in the game and has vowed to drag this war out as long as it can. While we are hopeful for the future, The $yndicate has no illusions about the nature and possible length of this war, and therefore can not make any significant alterations to its FA plans until this is dealt with.

 

With that said, once the dust settles we will evaluate our position within Orbis along with our allies, and decide by consensus what ideological path to pursue. At any rate: There will be change post-NPO, if only by the removal of a set of actors which rebounded back into the same bipolarity over and over.

Edited by Prefonteen
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, George said:

While I can see the concern with going to mini spheres, the issue I see is the same as this time. If this opportunity is blown, it won’t be possible for quite some time, the annoying truth is if we move to bipolarity, moving away is 100x harder.

People hate giving up a major power lead, the simple fact in my opinion and based it off other games and the events of this game, if we keep bipolarity, the chances of mini spheres just won’t happen, someone will gain to much power and won’t want to give it up 

I think you misunderstood me. 

It's not about asserting bipolarity or maintaining a huge power center so much as it's about all of the major powers putting the time and work into building enough independent and resilient communities in the game to make bipolarity near-impossible to establish. 

Minispheres will naturally occur over time if we invest in new players and communities. 

Sidenote: It should be a lot easier to maintain a more varied and complex dynamic now that the main alliances determined to force bipolarity as their core strategy have been defeated and/or disbanded though. We can work on both aspects in tandem.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bartholomew Roberts said:

-snip-

Didn't mean that. Just meant the number of relevant alliances and their respective FA people have dropped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onward to 5 years of dominance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 4:30 PM, Epi said:

Didn't mean that. Just meant the number of relevant alliances and their respective FA people have dropped. 

Well, I guess it's time to announce my return to the political arena.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110f78e225aeb8bef776

 

Never-mind.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Prefontaine said:

Well, I guess it's time to announce my return to the political arena.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110f78e225aeb8bef776

 

Never-mind.

My cue to retire!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's just be a community again.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.