Jump to content
Critters

Will t$ protect their protectorate?

Recommended Posts

I don't even know how you still have the strength to argue with NPO gov after all this, this is where I'm ready to surrender 2k33aC2.gif

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frawley said:

You exited the war because you either pre-arranged to burn us (thinking we would lose the war), or your personal dislike of BK superceded the value you placed on your allies well being.

I know NPO (And yourself) have been years with dogshit allies, but this works both ways just FYI.  Not just for NPO.

Seems your attachment to BK superceded your own value of new allies.

2 hours ago, Frawley said:

The view of NPO-t$ was that two spheres coalesing to fight one sphere was a terrible idea and should warrant a response.

You mean like how the logs leaked about timing N$Os attack on KETOG and BKsphere attack on Chaos?  You're upset because we took action ourselves after you adamantly denied knowing about it (While also contradicting yourself too)?

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Roquentin said:

DemonSpawn is in Sanreizan and he was the leader.

Most of his alliance went to House Stark after they disbanded. Does this mean NPO is going to hit them too? 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bait dangled lacks finesse and the cynicism of this move is somewhat obvious, however this will sow deep hatreds and those are always interesting

Edited by Ogaden
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Micchan said:

I don't even know how you still have the strength to argue with NPO gov after all this, this is where I'm ready to surrender

2k33aC2.gif

I can't be bothered to try. There's clearly a lot of logs forming the basis of all these arguments that aren't being posted- logs between spheres, logs between opponents, logs between allies. I want to see the logs. All of them. Without them, emotional investment is unwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

I know NPO (And yourself) have been years with dogshit allies, but this works both ways just FYI.  Not just for NPO.

Seems your attachment to BK superceded your own value of new allies.

You mean like how the logs leaked about timing N$Os attack on KETOG and BKsphere attack on Chaos?  You're upset because we took action ourselves after you adamantly denied knowing about it (While also contradicting yourself too)?

As to the first part, our view was that the t$ government knew about the planned escalation, expected the planned escalation, and indeed wanted escalation to occur. Syphilis unilaterally, and without notice, putting limits on what t$ would and wouldn't do was a surprise to us. We had no prior knowledge of what he was posting till we read it on the OWF.

Regarding the second part.

1. N$O was approached in general terms by BK Sphere about hitting two spheres concurrently, as well as your own about hitting BK Sphere. We had not agreed to any plans.

2. N$O had planned its own single sphere v single sphere conflict (wasn't this the point of minispheres), independent of BK Sphere and had fixed a time and a place.

3. Surf's Up starts, plans in 2. are scrapped. 

4. Months old logs are released, two spheres agree to fight one. N$O agrees as a sphere that this is bad news and that we should do something. 

5. Rest is history. 

 

Edited by Frawley
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Roquentin said:

They were informed we were hitting TKR and it was made clear several days in advance that it was what we wanted to do. The fact that this lie is repeated constantly is severely problematic.

 

7 hours ago, Shadowthrone said:

False. Spent a week or more hashing out the expansion. The fact that they are still busy painting the "we were not informed" spiel, adds another layer to this. 

JS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

 

At a certain point it became impossible to trust you with anything, constantly making appeals to your alliance's sovereignty (which is fine) but never respecting anyone else's interests or sovereignty isn't exactly the best model for a healthy partnership. 

This is like lesson one from the Pacifican playbook. Congrats for catching up 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

This is like lesson one from the Pacifican playbook. Congrats for catching up 🤣

I've never claimed to be a mastermind, to be fair, but you're missing a lot of context and lead up to this that is very important to the position The Syndicate was in back in June and leading up to current affairs.

Delving into that is both time consuming and distracting from the fact that NPO just planned an attack on their ally's protectorates with an alliance they aren't even tied to and refuses to honor the treaty they're using to shield their play. 

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

Delving into that is both time consuming and distracting from the fact that NPO just planned an attack on their ally's protectorates with an alliance they aren't even tied to and refuses to honor the treaty they're using to shield their play. 

Don't forget to mention that they're also trying to pin all of this on you.

Edited by Shiho Nishizumi
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

I've never claimed to be a mastermind, to be fair, but you're missing a lot of context and lead up to this that is very important to the position The Syndicate was in back in June and leading up to current affairs.

Delving into that is both time consuming and distracting from the fact that NPO just planned an attack on their ally's protectorates with an alliance they aren't even tied to and refuses to honor the treaty they're using to shield their play. 

The point stands, however, that you should never have trusted Roq or NPO. It was rather naive to place any sort of trust in them in the first place and the current events lend credence to such an assertion.

This sort of behaviour is what they do and have done for quite some time, certainly so before my departure nearly two years ago and it doesn’t look like much has changed. I was quite surprised upon my return to see a syndicate/pacifican treaty, I didn’t believe the old guard would have condoned such a diplomatic move, not the old guard I remember at least. 

Oh well, it appears things have returned to how they should be.

 

Edited by Charles the Tyrant
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Charles the Tyrant said:

The point stands, however, that you should never have trusted Roq or NPO. It was rather naive to place any sort of trust in them in the first place. 

This sort of behaviour is what they do and have done for quite some time, certainly so before my departure nearly two years ago and it doesn’t look like much has changed. I was quite surprised upon my return to see a syndicate/pacifican treaty, I didn’t believe the old guard would have condoned such a diplomatic move, not the old guard I remember at least. 

Oh well, it appears things have returned to how they should be.

 

 

28 minutes ago, Sisyphus said:

You're missing a lot of context and lead up to this that is very important to the position The Syndicate was in back in June and leading up to current affairs.

Delving into that is both time consuming and distracting from the fact that NPO just planned an attack on their ally's protectorates with an alliance they aren't even tied to and refuses to honor the treaty they're using to shield their play. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hope said:

regardless of political alignment, i am very confused. anyone else confused? cus im very confused 

like im really trying to follow but i just cant at this point

Me too!

A couple of commonly held ideas may help with your perspective however: that empty ships make the most noise, and that if you can't explain something clearly and succinctly then you probably don't know what you're talking about. 

Read into this how you will, generally speaking though it seems that the more people post on here the more those same people are caught out lying, and they're slowly finding themselves friendless as recent events indicate.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You spin my head right round, right round. Like a record baby...

NPO comes out in force to try and discredit their "ally" while promoting the idea they are just a victim. Good on you guys for the effort but I think many of us can see through it. No matter what you try and say your actions during this war has proven that no matter what BK is more important than anyone else. Your inability to see further down the line than a month at a time and your victim mentality means you will never be able to overcome your past. It is a shame. 

The more I read about this the more I realize that this is the same old song and dance just in a different place. It's kinda pathetic when you think about it. Good luck in the war you have no business being apart of and burning the few bridges you have left. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leftbehind said:

You spin my head right round, right round. Like a record baby...

NPO comes out in force to try and discredit their "ally" while promoting the idea they are just a victim. Good on you guys for the effort but I think many of us can see through it. No matter what you try and say your actions during this war has proven that no matter what BK is more important than anyone else. Your inability to see further down the line than a month at a time and your victim mentality means you will never be able to overcome your past. It is a shame. 

The more I read about this the more I realize that this is the same old song and dance just in a different place. It's kinda pathetic when you think about it. Good luck in the war you have no business being apart of and burning the few bridges you have left. 

 

Hodor asked for our side of the story. We gave it. tS is a forum darling. Every announcement that wasn't the DoW has been praised. We aren't going to discredit them. There aren't any victims here in terms of us or TS, just tS decided we weren't worthy of being treated like an ally anymore and they thought sticking to their hardline stances was right and charted a post-NPO FA path. They did what they felt was right and had poisoned the well to the extent they had ruled out reconciliation. The only victim here is House Stark since they tried to mediate only have to those efforts shot down by syndicate and now it's a pretty bad situation.

It's your more your side is obsessed with BK/ex-IQ that everything is in the scope of benefiting/hurting BK. It was made excessively clear that even though BK have done a lot of things wrong that it wasn't enough to make it the cornerstone of our FA. You guys just always feel entitled to win and get back or stay on top that you make them out to be invincible to justify your actions in the name of saving the game or whatever.  BK isn't invincible and many of their side wavered when it got tough.

The bridges were burned already. Syndicate didn't want to be allied to us anymore. The level of crass disrespect and condescension shown to us was unparalleled in diplomatic communications. Just keep cheering them on because as long it hurts us, it's a morally just action.

 

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, @Roquentin

You keep forgetting that there was LITERALLY A THREAD started with a huge leak that neither BK or TCW even attempted to deny.

Had that not happened and Surfs Up ended on its own, NONE of this would be happening.

Are you guys intentionally dense or stupid?

Edited by Buorhann

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buorhann said:

Lol, @Roquentin

You keep forgetting that there was LITERALLY A THREAD started with a huge leak that neither BK or TCW even attempted to deny.

Had that not happened and Surfs Up ended on its own, NONE of this would be happening.

Are you guys intentionally dense or stupid?

No,  are you?

TKR and BK hate each other and the rest of Chaos hates BK. KETOG dislikes BKsphere.   The war was inevitable if you could get enough buy in for a hit on them. The screens were enough to rally around when most people had already lost their infra, so they had nothing to lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the problem?

Generally if one or two alliances dislike you, maybe it’s on them and not you.  But when half (over half?) of the community does - maaaaaybe it’s on you.

I mean, it’s a no brainer considering BK fricked up twice here publicly.

At least they can rely on you to save them.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

And the problem?

Generally if one or two alliances dislike you, maybe it’s on them and not you.  But when half (over half?) of the community does - maaaaaybe it’s on you.

I mean, it’s a no brainer considering BK fricked up twice here publicly.

At least they can rely on you to save them.

But over half the community loves NPO, in fact a good quarter is in a single protectorate of theirs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Malal said:

But over half the community loves NPO, in fact a good quarter is in a single protectorate of theirs!

Did I say NPO?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Buorhann said:

Did I say NPO?

Seems that we are liked enough to have the support to turn this war around, almost like OWF doesn't accurately portray where alliances stand.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.