Jump to content
丂ħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™

Shifty News Network-Rock n Roll Fantasy

Recommended Posts

Shifty News Network here on this fine day of our lord, August 26th, Anno Domini MMXVIII.

Today comes a pretty funny leak of pointless drama.

RnR's troubles with Bad Company and how BC called in fire support from Vanguard:

cfNclaL.jpg

9BnnGg4.jpg

uy60ehe.jpg

oJtNmfK.jpg

E9x8yY2.jpg

vfLuuKm.jpg

h3cMXt7.jpg

wZ7R7gt.jpg

OP7QRKl.jpg

bCNpWH4.jpg

cWv9klM.jpg

5QwLlgx.jpg

hanO4Kz.jpg

Wow what a wonderful father sneks make. Coaching his grandchild on how to be a good politician too.

This is Shifty, reporting the news no one else will.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Stop whining and kill each other already!

@Prefonteenfrick you i want a refund now, ruining the show. It's not fun until the blood of the guilty and the innocent have covered the earth in a shining red pool for all to wade. >:(


Also, doesn't the rest of VG have a NAP with House Stark from Ayyslamic Crusade?
Goddammit Pre, you really are ruining the fun.

Edited by Komiko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting one, owning names in this game. Especially with themed alliances, not entirely sure anyone can own say Guardians of the Galaxy or something.

Doesn't come up a lot either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BC realises that just because they're record company themed, they can't actually apply legally binding trademarks, right?

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, James XVI said:

BC realises that just because they're record company themed, they can't actually apply legally binding trademarks, right?

Clearly you've never met a Record Company Executive. Greediest lil shits on the planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting stuff, thanks for the good reporting shifty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Partisan you really do have your fingers in every single pie don't you. 

Ty Shifty for another amazing SNN.

29 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

Interesting one, owning names in this game. Especially with themed alliances, not entirely sure anyone can own say Guardians of the Galaxy or something.

Doesn't come up a lot either way.

In B4, GoG get sued by Disney for copyright infringement, if NS had to change from the UN to the "World Assembly" or whatever they changed it to. Then I wouldn't be surprised if some companies would get pissed off at people even using their names.

 

Edited by Sphinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ⚔ϟħ̧i̧₣ɫ̵γ͘ ̶™⚔ said:

Shifty News Network here on this fine day of our lord, August 26th, Anno Domini MMXVIII.

Today comes a pretty funny leak of pointless drama.

RnR's troubles with Bad Company and how BC called in fire support from Vanguard:

cfNclaL.jpg

9BnnGg4.jpg

uy60ehe.jpg

oJtNmfK.jpg

E9x8yY2.jpg

vfLuuKm.jpg

h3cMXt7.jpg

wZ7R7gt.jpg

OP7QRKl.jpg

bCNpWH4.jpg

cWv9klM.jpg

5QwLlgx.jpg

hanO4Kz.jpg

Wow what a wonderful father sneks make. Coaching his grandchild on how to be a good politician too.

This is Shifty, reporting the news no one else will.

Get off my lawn.

2 hours ago, Komiko said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Stop whining and kill each other already!

@Prefonteenfrick you i want a refund now, ruining the show. It's not fun until the blood of the guilty and the innocent have covered the earth in a shining red pool for all to wade. 😠


Also, doesn't the rest of VG have a NAP with House Stark from Ayyslamic Crusade?
Goddammit Pre, you really are ruining the fun.

Check. Your turn.

2 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Partisan you really do have your fingers in every single pie don't you. 

Ty Shifty for another amazing SNN.

In B4, GoG get sued by Disney for copyright infringement, if NS had to change from the UN to the "World Assembly" or whatever they changed it to. Then I wouldn't be surprised if some companies would get pissed off at people even using their names.

 

I'm just happy I could get shifty'd once too tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we're doing this, I exercise my right to the "Black Knights" name as the only active co-founder and hereby request the infringers remove any and all references to my intellectual property.

</s maybe>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how my nations random spy attack made it to the news, but it had nothing to do with this. They both spied each other, stopped and that was the end and I spoke to dread about it. So we Gucci fam. 

The only thing TI did with this whole mess was the dumb ass embargo thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo.... Where do we go to get the trademarks and copy rights? Is there a Sheepy office for Intellectual Property?

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't Dreadnought one of the people in R&R government when it existed?

This is pretty stupid lmfao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that can't be bothered reading all of it? lol

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

War war war war

fite fite fite fite

 

Otherwise it's just....

bla bla bla bla

and nobody likes that

Edited by Sir Scarfalot
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Quichwe10 said:

Sooo.... Where do we go to get the trademarks and copy rights? Is there a Sheepy office for Intellectual Property?

Alex will roll this out as a new feature:

Prevents a specific alliance name from being used, costs 10 credits per day to maintain.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a point for clarification: I wasn't threatening war in order to coerce Dreadnought into doing anything. Bad Company had attempted to negotiate with RnR many, many times before I even had that conversation with Dreadnought, and he was as belligerent as depicted here. Since he would not come to the negotiation table regarding the name (which, in the end, he did do), anyone could have seen future conflict over it. Everyone here is, presumably, smart enough to see that. VG would have been pulled into such conflict, therefore it was in our interest to try and negotiate the situation from becoming one. 

House Stark kindly got Dreadnought to come to the table, and we got BC to do the same (despite their belief that Dreadnought would simply spout much of the same without any intention to change his mind about the name), and they negotiated. R&R agreed to change their name to RnR, change their flag, and everyone moved on (despite Dreadnought's prior attempts at poaching BC members being left unaddressed). No conflict will occur because of this, and it is quite old news. 

 

19 hours ago, Komiko said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Stop whining and kill each other already!

@Prefonteenfrick you i want a refund now, ruining the show. It's not fun until the blood of the guilty and the innocent have covered the earth in a shining red pool for all to wade. 😠


Also, doesn't the rest of VG have a NAP with House Stark from Ayyslamic Crusade?
Goddammit Pre, you really are ruining the fun.

Any conflict which would have arisen because of this likely would have occurred after the NAP would have expired. However, House Stark got RnR to come to the table, and a compromise was reached, everyone went home content. VG has no issue with House Stark, and as far as we are aware, House Stark has no issue with Polaris. 

 

 

Ultimately, the story here is that there is no story. Enjoy the non-prose nature of this leak which, presumably, came from Dreadnought after he was butthurt about having to change his alliance name and not getting his way. I, frankly, have bigger fish to fry, and won't be responding to this posting anymore. 

 

Good day all.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What this really proves is Vanguard isn't going to do anything even if they believe in it. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, LordStrum said:

While we're doing this, I exercise my right to the "Black Knights" name as the only active co-founder and hereby request the infringers remove any and all references to my intellectual property.

</s maybe>

Don't worry Strummy, they've become dirty Bronies now. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sphinx said:

Don't worry Strummy, they've become dirty Bronies now. 

Better than being an Australian.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Don't worry Strummy, they've become dirty Bronies now. 

mlp_knight_by_pack_leader-d5v0ici.jpg

Can confirm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Don't worry Strummy, they've become dirty Bronies now. 

I really like this direction BK has been taking over time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anneal said:

I really like this direction BK has been taking over time. 

The day where you attempted to bring Bronies into Mensa.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sphinx said:

Don't worry Strummy, they've become dirty Bronies now. 

 

11 hours ago, Anneal said:

I really like this direction BK has been taking over time. 

marky please don't :(

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.