To add to the chain of awful DoWs

Speaker Faris Wheeler

We chose not to hit a direct ally of UPN.

You can see why they might be upset, though, given that you are attacking a coalition partner. You're right we have no relationship with UPN. But nevertheless we are both fighting on the same "side" of this conflict, and additional harm to us is a blow to them because it frees up resources that can be diverted to their front. We didn't hit BoC so there is no treaty to activate, like Valkyria at least had with Guardian. Personally, I dislike treaties and in any event we have no relationship with you so I don't mind the entry. I hope you get some experience out of this and I look forward to meeting any low tier nations you have on the battlefield. But it does seem like a blow to UPN.

I also find it funny the positive reaction this is getting from people who were extremely upset with Alpha hitting us in a somewhat similar scenario.

Edited by Mikey

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

I also find it funny the positive reaction this is getting from people who were extremely upset with Alpha hitting us in a somewhat similar scenario.

And the people giving it hate are the people who supported Alpha's decision.

EDIT: Funny how that works? :P

Edited by Alataq
  • Upvote 3

dpluao815a3.png

Morgan Fraser, and a dozen other names

Oh, well, that makes sense. I'm not sure what I had expected. I surely hope MrBooty comes by this thread and manages to make this look less shitty. Though my hopes are not high at this point. :mellow:
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

You can see why they might be upset, though, given that you are attacking a coalition partner. You're right we have no relationship with UPN. But nevertheless we are both fighting on the same "side" of this conflict, and additional harm to us is a blow to them because it frees up resources that can be diverted to their front. We didn't hit BoC so there is no treaty to activate, like Valkyria at least had with Guardian. Personally, I dislike treaties and in any event we have no relationship with you so I don't mind the entry. I hope you get some experience out of this and I look forward to meeting any low tier nations you have on the battlefield. But it does seem like a blow to UPN.

Mikey pls, this is good for business! We will be going against our theme if we were to object!

Lxr4VfE.png

It's a lot worse since tS was never countered at all and non-chaining would have applied.  The UPN-TLF treaty was directly triggered.

Are you serious? lmao. This is beyond crappy. You ignore an MDP treaty that was directly activated with UPN and attack someone else on the side with no treaty link,. Like if you don't get shit for this, then no one has any standards. The other side accepting every bandwagoning piece of scum is telling.

You are literally the Storm Division of this war.

Orbis is not like Europa Universalis 4 game, where you have a treaty and need honour or get prestige -100.

Every alliance talks with others alliances, get some common ground, and voilá. Magic.

Too-much-salt.jpg

• Upvote 3

Mikey pls, this is good for business! We will be going against our theme if we were to object!

Lol like you give a crap about business. When I approached you about funding my investigation into how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop, do you know how many of my calls were returned? 0. Are you really going to tell me that information wouldn't be worth billions? Trillions? We could have been kings Eumir, we could have been kings...

• Upvote 6

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

Oh, well, that makes sense. I'm not sure what I had expected. I surely hope MrBooty comes by this thread and manages to make this look less shitty. Though my hopes are not high at this point. :mellow:

Keep your hopes low.

Orbis is not like Europa Universalis 4 game, where you have a treaty and need honour or get prestige -100.

Every alliance talks with others alliances, get some common ground, and voilá. Magic.

Too-much-salt.jpg

Why sign Mutual Defense level treaties then? Why include the language if you have no interests in following through. Go paperless, sign ODPs, if you have conflicting interests you could stay out of the war. TLF however choose a route that negatively affected their highest level treaty. 

• Upvote 4
0Lovl.png

So much for a sphere based on happy go lucky genuine friendships. Right Milton?

PvczX3n.jpg?1

“ Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination. â€

–The First Ideal of the Windrunners,

Why sign Mutual Defense level treaties then? Why include the language if you have no interests in following through. Go paperless, sign ODPs, if you have conflicting interests you could stay out of the war. TLF however choose a route that negatively affected their highest level treaty. 

I don't know, I guess TFL needs to reply to that, not me.

:lol:  Wait, so you don't defend your ally The Old Guard, when they were attacked by BK and now you are doing this?

This has got to be the biggest case of cowardice and bandwagoning for this war.  It for this reason that this game is heading to it's endgame stage and complete stagnation.  You guys really make me laugh. 

• Upvote 5

:lol:  Wait, so you don't defend your ally The Old Guard, when they were attacked by BK and now you are doing this?

This has got to be the biggest case of cowardice and bandwagoning for this war.  It for this reason that this game is heading to it's endgame stage and complete stagnation.  You guys really make me laugh. 

You're really not that observant are you? Also, this is rich coming from you.

dpluao815a3.png

I better get another crack at Mr. Booty out of this, he still owes me a rap for the last war we fought <3

Welcome TLF I guess, still don't really understand why you chose to attack us considering your other options, but the more the merrier I suppose, have fun! 

• Upvote 1

So much for a sphere based on happy go lucky genuine friendships. Right Milton?

Wouldn't really say TLF was part of our sphere in any real sense. It's kind of bizarre they signed UPN knowing UPN would likely end up in this type of war after the last war only to start shifting gears and treatying BoC. They're just cowards and seemingly naive. It's odd for such an old alliance why they don't see that this move is a backstab.

Like Steve said, this type of behavior being acceptable is precisely why it's heading into an endgame stage. When so many alliances/people just want to win at any cost and it's encouraged, it will just lead to one side having the most alliances. The level of behavior acceptable here is just insane.

Edited by Roquentin
  • Upvote 1