To add to the chain of awful DoWs

Speaker Faris Wheeler

I

Now Syndisphere has another purse puppy alliance. How dynamic and interesting. They're getting a BoC upgrade probably.

I find is hilarious that you call the Syndisphere control freaks when you want them destroyed. Hate, TLF hates hate.

Also, you even practically admitted to attempting to use us as pawns image.PNG

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

I I find is hilarious that you call the Syndisphere control freaks when you want them destroyed. Hate, TLF hates hate.

I don't see where he admitted to using you as a pawn, maybe the wrong screenshot?

• Upvote 2

IMG_2989.png?ex=65e9efa9&is=65d77aa9&hm=

It seems NPO and UPN wanted you to come in and help in this conflict. You have relatively few nations but those you have are all in a very good score bracket, so it no doubt would make a difference. You said you didn't want to fight, and apparently were worried about getting rolled. I think its a fair enough concern to have and reasonable to sit out an aggressive conflict. I don't see though, why you decided to attack us if you didn't want to fight? Seems more like what you wanted was to win so you switched sides. Thats fair enough, and I think intrigue like this is what makes the game exciting. But its hard to deny you essentially abandoned NPO/UPN to enter into the winning side.

Edited by Mikey

Archduke Tyrell, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, Warden of the South, Breaker of Forums.

It seems NPO and UPN wanted you to come in and help in this conflict. You have relatively few nations but those you have are all in a very good score bracket, so it no doubt would make a difference. You said you didn't want to fight, and apparently were worried about getting rolled. I think its a fair enough concern to have and reasonable to sit out an aggressive conflict. I don't see though, why you decided to attack us if you didn't want to fight? Seems more like what you wanted was to win so you switched sides. Thats fair enough, and I think intrigue like this is what makes the game exciting. But its hard to deny you essentially abandoned NPO/UPN to enter into the winning side.

That's fair, however the general consensus of the alliance was that we did want to fight.

dpluao815a3.png

I I find is hilarious that you call the Syndisphere control freaks when you want them destroyed. Hate, TLF hates hate.

I don't think dumping those logs will put you in the best light tbh. I've already said everything I said in them publicly but your lines are a lot worse.  Also thanks for verifying what I said. :) Either way, it doesn't justify this bandwagon when ignoring your treaty.

Really?  Wow...

I'm not going to bother checking but I'm pretty sure this is false as we had been trying to get allies to bulk ahead of it.

Edited by Roquentin

Their buildup definitely doesn't show that.  Looks like they started on the 10th or 11th, when the war opened up.

Tried is the key word.  I'd have to scroll through a shitload of discord logs to see, but I'm pretty sure talking to TLF was discussed. I could be wrong, but  they could have stuck to sitting out instead of bandwagoning and he does say they can't handle another war, so they're only joining because they can win and it's easy.

I could be wrong, but  they could have stuck to sitting out instead of bandwagoning and he does say they can't handle another war, so they're only joining because they can win and it's easy.

UPN talking to us 3 hours before the war is true. 

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Keep coming in with bold statements, and I'm sure you'll sway somebody to think you know what you're talking about. Talk to UPN if you'd like to know our reasoning behind doing what we did. Unlike you, the few people I've talked to in UPN haven't been salty and freaking out without hearing us out and our full motives. I have nothing to say to you though.

Edited by Alataq
  • Upvote 1

dpluao815a3.png

This was discussed for a seriously long time. This had nothing to do with you guys winning. We've been rolled for rose at least 3 times now.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that we've been rolled for rose 3 times. We also came in to help UPN last war without any treaty at all. We're obviously not concerned about being rolled at this point. 

Straight from the chat of Red and myself during the last war:

OCQLZx4.png?1

• Upvote 1

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

6/18?

hidden in all those pictures I say it was from the last war

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

I noticed that.  Just trying to figure out the relevance of that drop.

A response to them making all the claims Rose had been using them as pawns.

3fHp1YR.gif

A response to them making all the claims Rose had been using them as pawns.

Yes, you may be able to pull up old logs for new use, but what does it accomplish? Absolutely nothing, especially when Rose left us in the dirt.

Peace will never be accomplished without war, but war cannot happen without peace.... or something like that idk

UPN talking to us 3 hours before the war is true. 

You really don't know what you're talking about, do you? Keep coming in with bold statements, and I'm sure you'll sway somebody to think you know what you're talking about. Talk to UPN if you'd like to know our reasoning behind doing what we did. Unlike you, the few people I've talked to in UPN haven't been salty and freaking out without hearing us out and our full motives. I have nothing to say to you though.

Then they're more understanding because I know if you did this to anyone else, they would hate your guts. I couldn't care about your motives. Your actions are what matter. You ignored a direct MD obligation to join the winning side on no treaty.  Again, "salty" is the best you can do and it's so immature. Like I said, you're the Storm Division of this war and nothing you can say will change that. Of course, like I said in another topic, this is more or less consequence-free since the winning side will shield you so feel safe. Or maybe not.

• Upvote 2

King of semi on topic and off topic, didn't HBE drop their treaty with ToG when we raided them? HBE's treaty was an M level and we didn't hear a word from them. iirc, TLF's treaty with them was an O level treaty and they at least told us to stop.

After the raid, TOG came to us for protection (I know funny right).  I told them them TLF, who I believe was a MDP/MDoAP level treaty, should have their back and we don't protect alliances who already have treaties.  I told TOG gov they should talk to TLF about defending them since TLF was was even allied to BoC who was in your bloc.  But oDP or MDP, an attack with no chaining should still trigger even an oDP imo.  It didn't look like TLF did anything really, but if they talked to you that is something I guess.

I didn't care you were raiding TOG.  TOG harbored and aid thief from Alpha.  It was just funny that TLF had many avenues to getting the raids to stop but didn't do jack shit, at least visibly.  TOG finally had to go to SK for protection even.  So TLF doing this is kinda hilarious given their history. 

The way you guys get alliances to just !@#$ over their reputations is amazing.  I mean that genuinely, it's one of tS and BK's great strengths and why you have done so well.  The bandwagon is extremely strong in this game and eventually that's going to lead to only lopsided wars, this one kind of was a freak confidence imo.  Hence why we went conventional at first (grrr).  It's why I never try to manage FA or coalition build because I just don't have the willingness to do what it takes since nearly all wars are won/lost prior to the war breaking out.

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 1

Then they're more understanding because I know if you did this to anyone else, they would hate your guts. I couldn't care about your motives. Your actions are what matter. You ignored a direct MD obligation to join the winning side on no treaty. Again, "salty" is the best you can do and it's so immature. Like I said, you're the Storm Division of this war and nothing you can say will change that. Of course, like I said in another topic, this is more or less consequence-free since the winning side will shield you so feel safe. Or maybe not.

You seem to care very much.

Yes, you may be able to pull up old logs for new use, but what does it accomplish? Absolutely nothing, especially when Rose left us in the dirt.

I don't understand how current logs would disprove a claim about the past. Please teach me Mr. Straw Man

• Upvote 1

3fHp1YR.gif

After the raid, TOG came to us for protection (I know funny right).  I told them them TLF, who I believe was a MDP/MDoAP level treaty, should have their back and we don't protect alliances who already have treaties.  I told TOG gov they should talk to TLF about defending them since TLF was was even allied to BoC who was in your bloc.  But oDP or MDP, an attack with no chaining should still trigger even an oDP imo.  So I guess I don't really know, but did TLF try to help out TOG in any way?  You would know more than me.  It didn't look like TLF did anything.

I didn't care you were raiding TOG.  TOG harbored and aid thief from Alpha.  It was just funny that TLF had many avenues to getting the raids to stop but didn't do jack shit, at least visibly.  TOG finally had to go to SK for protection even.  So TLF doing this is kinda hilarious given their history. 

The way you guys get alliances to just !@#$ over their reps is amazing.  I mean that genuinely, it's one of tS and BK's great strengths and why you have done so well.  The bandwagon is extremely strong in this game and eventually that's going to lead to never having a real great war again.  It's why I never try to manage FA or coalition build because I just don't have the willingness to do what it takes since all wars are won/lost prior to the war breaking out.

Please read the forum messages above. Like I said, we went to BK and they were cool about it. We didn't plan to fight them, and ToG didn't expect us to go to war with them. TLF couldn't protect ToG from an alliance of BK's size and we knew that. We directed them to get a protectorate as we couldn't do the job. HBE and VE dropped them, so it was really their only choice.

Then they're more understanding because I know if you did this to anyone else, they would hate your guts. I couldn't care about your motives. Your actions are what matter. You ignored a direct MD obligation to join the winning side on no treaty.  Again, "salty" is the best you can do and it's so immature. Like I said, you're the Storm Division of this war and nothing you can say will change that. Of course, like I said in another topic, this is more or less consequence-free since the winning side will shield you so feel safe. Or maybe not.

I've never claimed you were salty. I'm claiming you don't care about what are motives were and are just jumping to conclusions. And you're right, they are more understanding. 

Straight from the chat of Red and myself during the last war:

[logs]

I don't think you understood the messages I put on the forums. I never claimed we were pawns of Rose. You guys were great allies who helped us multiple times throughout our friendship. I'm just saying, in regards to the argument that we are doing this because we don't want to be rolled, and want to be on the winning side, that isn't true. Thus me saying we've been rolled multiple times to aid you in the fight (yes, even the last war where we declared on Arrgh to aid UPN. It was our choice and we were fine with it)

• Upvote 1

dpluao815a3.png