Arrgh Instruments of Surrender

Ogaden

They have raided us, our allies and protectorates for months. Our government have taken the diplomatic approach, only for Arrgh to not take the enforcing of their do not raid list seriously... What exactly is harsh about adding a term that prevents them from raiding us? We have invested massive amounts of money and resources into this war, they have raided significant money away from us in the past, and have caused significant damages too. We did not ask for any reparations. 

As for your point about reperations being preferable. Our thinking was that taking the majority of what is left of their remaining bank will simply cripple Arrgh to the point of no return. And while we want to get rid of them being a nuisance to us, we don't want to get rid of them as an alliance. Hence the logic to put in that stipulation about raids in the future.

It's funny that the alliance who asked for far heavier terms, based on the logic that we attacked you and lost, so we must pay up... is now being hypocritical. 

They declared on us.

The point of my message was not to argue whether or not the terms were harsh. I was just refuting your sentence saying that everyone who disagrees with you must have a agenda they are trying to push. I tried doing that by showing you why I found them harsh. The fact is, a lot of alliances got raided by Arghh, including tS and our allies and protectorates. Based on the DoW thread, most of Orbis liked that you guys rolled them. Seeing that a lot of people do find your reps harsh probably means that they are on the rougher side of what you could have offered. 

Also, I'm not sure if you realized the contradiction you made at the end there. My opinion was that you should have gotten reps from Arghh instead. Assuming I believed that if the attacker loses they should pay reps, which I don't, what I said aligns with what I have supported in the past. I don't see how I was being hypocritical, but of course the point you are trying to make may be going over my head. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

Lastly, Arghh attacking UPN is vastly different then TC attacking tS and allies. I could sit here and talk about the finer points of each, but there really isn't a need to. So using what happened in one war as a guide post or a source of comparison is dumb (couldn't think of a better word). 

• Upvote 1
6XmKiC2.png

Saru's defense of UPN's course of action is perfectly understandable and I do not fault him for it one bit. My mine gripe was with the opinion of a few vocal members (read: 2) being portrayed as being that of an entire alliance, and consequently being labeled as hypocrites. t$ consists of 96 members. Neither govt nor any of the other 94 members have condemned the course of actions taken in this thread. It seemed necessary to make that distinction, for the sake of the debate.

Aye. I have no issue with the content of your argument, nor do I really have any desire to return to arguing whether t$ demands at the time were justified: If you do wish to discuss the how's and why's, i'm happy to take this to private channels. The $yndicate's official stance is rather neutral on the terms levied. You had a right to defend yourself (as I have stated in another thread) and equally have the right to levy terms after what you consider an unjustified attack (I consider it as such, at least). That is all that matters to me personally.

I just hope that we can refrain from generalizing opinion of two members as being that of the entire alliance. Other than that... carry on :).

You JUST told me on irc that you thought these terms sucked and that UPN were bullies. SNEK.

• Upvote 1
6XmKiC2.png

Obviously not the two wars your alliance dropped out of.

Which wars? Oh the Octoberfest? At least BoC realized they joined a losing war and came.to their senses.

Not their fault they took the logical route out of a war they knew they'll lose.

BoC is awesome.

Obvious sarcasm noted.

-This random and useless note was brought to you by: Josh

Kek

PoJQyFJ.gif

Actually no, BoC is a cool alliance.

The fact that you think anyone could have negative feelings towards BoC speaks volumes.

Speaks volumes? Everyone has an alliance they dislike. I like BoC, but even BoC has enemies. Everyone does, and that is something you should know. Hell I know some hate BK, which is the alliance I am in, it's not speaking volumes stating the fact that not everyone likes a group.

PoJQyFJ.gif

That's not something to brag about.

Who said I was bragging? Hell I was in a war against BoC at the time, but I can respect that they knew logically they couldn't win that war with the odds they were put against.

But since you are SRD, I can understand why you don't know shit.

PoJQyFJ.gif

My only concern of this was that we didn't extend it to BK too, but Arrgh haven't bothered them to such an extent before -- so here's hoping that doesn't happen lol.

Arrgh doesn't condone black on black violence. I don't believe we've ever had any conflict with BK. They are good neighbors.

• Upvote 1
tvPWtuA.gif

saying "arrgh! raided us for months and we tried to be diplomatic" is basically code for "we didn't do shit about it and couldn't even protect our protectorates, and now that we got sheepy to change the way war works, we've decided to beat arrgh under 500 average score and force them to accept terms that last for an entire year"

like if that's the pro-this announcement line, lmao

the thing is, some of the alliances, particularly polaris, is their protectorate, so the announcement is designed to allow polaris to stop being a protectorate but still get a year free of being raided. ah, the perks of knowing people for years and years in another game. hello viridian entente and united purple nations.

I'm wondering why Arrgh agreed to these terms. :/

if i know ogaden, it's because they didn't have any other choice than to continue getting the shit kicked out of them without recourse, and he probably talked them down from something even worse. then again, you wouldn't really need to know ogaden to figure that out.

Edited by Hereno
  • Upvote 3

saying "arrgh! raided us for months and we tried to be diplomatic" is basically code for "we didn't do shit about it and couldn't even protect our protectorates, and now that we got sheepy to change the way war works, we've decided to beat arrgh under 500 average score and force them to accept terms that last for an entire year"

I would fully agree with that had we declared on Arrgh.

if i know ogaden, it's because they didn't have any other choice than to continue getting the shit kicked out of them without recourse, and he probably talked them down from something even worse. then again, you wouldn't really need to know ogaden to figure that out.

Yet more proof how clueless you really are. Maybe you should talk to Ogaden himself for clarification to clear up your misconceptions.  :lol:

Well, you are a snake in the grass.

Damn, my comment is still surfacing everywhere.  :lol:

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

I would fully agree with that had we declared on Arrgh.

Yet more proof how clueless you really are. Maybe you should talk to Ogaden himself for clarification to clear up your misconceptions.  :lol:

Damn, my comment is still surfacing everywhere.  :lol:

that now is the time, after months of raiding, that you guys chose to actually fight back, says a lot, regardless of what you say

clueless (see: not here for hours a day socializing with the skype crowd)

at least the fact that i haven't even talked to ogaden since before the war ended blows your "everybody here against these terms is just pursuing a political agenda" line to dust

Edited by Hereno
  • Upvote 3

that now is the time, after months of raiding, that you guys chose to actually fight back, says a lot, regardless of what you say

clueless (see: not here for hours a day socializing with the skype crowd)

at least the fact that i haven't even talked to ogaden since before the war ended blows your "everybody here against these terms is just pursuing a political agenda" line to dust

Aren't you the guy that said Alpha is Non Grata because 3 of the 30 members are Non Grata?

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

the thing is, some of the alliances, particularly polaris, is their protectorate, so the announcement is designed to allow polaris to stop being a protectorate but still get a year free of being raided. ah, the perks of knowing people for years and years in another game. hello viridian entente and united purple nations.

Oddly enough. BEFORE the war ended and we had any idea Arrgh was gonna surrender. ( We had no idea until this was posted actually) we denounced UPN as a protectorate and updated to an MDoAP. You can go on and talk about how this was all a ploy but before you go all hardcore about how much you hate Polaris and the NpO realize we haven't done a thing to you Hereno. At least not yet

Banner for PnW.png

Oddly enough. BEFORE the war ended and we had any idea Arrgh was gonna surrender. ( We had no idea until this was posted actually) we denounced UPN as a protectorate and updated to an MDoAP. You can go on and talk about how this was all a ploy but before you go all hardcore about how much you hate Polaris and the NpO realize we haven't done a thing to you Hereno. At least not yet

when did i ever do that? why does every time i post the thread become about me?

christ

• Upvote 1