Hello From the Other Side

Yosodog

Anyways. If you and Partisan want to hate-hump each other and save the rest of us this, you should feel free. I'll give you his address so you can get the drop on him. :P

Liked entirely for this line. 

• Upvote 2

When it's warranted, I'm pretty much the first person to tell Partisan to cool it with the rhetoric. And I was absolutely working on behalf of you for the difficult position you were in last war (despite the fact that you put yourself there willingly and, I think it is fair to say, didn't do enough to make it less difficult).

That said, I really hope you're just deliberately trying to spin because if you believe any of this, you're living on a different planet. Our members didn't turn from you until you came to our forums, acted hostile/avoidant, ignored a lot of very legitimate questions, and then declared on our ally after assuring us you would not. Surely you can understand how that might put us in a "difficult position"?

We cancelled you because literally no one in our alliance trusts you, and posts like the one above are pretty much a perfect example of why. Your talk of nothing changing, again considering that we just want nothing to do with you whatsoever and yet here you are in an unrelated thread still talking about Partisan and our alliance for some reason, rings particularly hollow. In short, you are either deliberately lying and doing a really poor job at it, or completely delusional.

Anyways. If you and Partisan want to hate-hump each other and save the rest of us this, you should feel free. I'll give you his address so you can get the drop on him. :P

The bolded part is false and you know it.  You guys first started going public with the insults.  It's what, ultimately, made me realize you never considered us your friend.  Plus cherry picked log dumps from an ally is very untrustworthy, bro. 

And again, in this same very topic, I'm not the one who's started making this about Alpha-tS.  Partisan is the one who replied to my post and started the name calling.  So maybe you need to re-read the thread to see where it was going, as it relates to spheres, prior to Partisan trying to derail (successfully) into a Alpha-tS topic.  I certainly have responded to him, as was necessary to straighten out the lies.

Do I not have a right to defend myself?

The bolded part is false and you know it.  You guys first started going public with the insults.  It's what, ultimately, made me realize you never considered us your friend.  Plus cherry picked log dumps from an ally is very untrustworthy, bro. 

And again, in this same very topic, I'm not the one who's started making this about Alpha-tS.  Partisan is the one who replied to my post and started the name calling.  So maybe you need to re-read the thread to see where it was going, as it relates to spheres, prior to Partisan trying to derail (successfully) into a Alpha-tS topic.  I certainly have responded to him, as was necessary to straighten out the lies.

Oh wait, I forgot. All of the tS membership is supposed to forget you betrayed us and look at it from your view, but when we go on the forums because we are pissed you attacked our ally, there is no need for you to look at it from our view and you make judgement about whether or not we consider you friends. Right right. I see the double standard. Oh and you have yet to answer the tough questions Manthrax was alluding to. 

• Upvote 1
6XmKiC2.png

Of course you do. And yep, Partisan helped derail this, and you went along with it. In terms of thread derailment you aren't wrong. You both did it, whatever, doesn't bother me :P

As to you saying that Manthrax is wrong though about the bolded part, I can assure you that isn't the case. When you first came on our boards we didn't agree with your position, but overall Alpha was still very well respected and I don't know of a single member whom wanted to cancel you guys. What lead to that was your words to our members on our boards, and then your actions afterwards that many of our members believe contradicted what you told us earlier in the embassy. That caused our members to lose trust in you, which then lead to the cancellation.

Now let's not get in a debate on whether or not you agree you mislead us. I think we all know the opinions here. But as for the bolded part of Manthrax's post that you said is false, "Our members didn't turn from you until you came to our forums", I can assure you that quote is 100% true.

Edited by Flame of the Flawed
  • Upvote 2

a.k.a. Chaunce

Chaunce - Today at 9:55 PM
with the watermelons there isn't much space left
I still have a lot of room to improve

Manthrax Has Venomous Bite! - Today at 9:57 PM
Hee hee. Room indeed.

Sabriel - Today at 10:01 PM
I feel like, if the other AAs knew how we act, they'd feel a deep sense of shame in knowing that they consistently get beat by us.
when we talk about how many vegetables we can fit in Chaunce's ass.

When it's warranted, I'm pretty much the first person to tell Partisan to cool it with the rhetoric. And I was absolutely working on behalf of you for the difficult position you were in last war (despite the fact that you put yourself there willingly and, I think it is fair to say, didn't do enough to make it less difficult).

That said, I really hope you're just deliberately trying to spin because if you believe any of this, you're living on a different planet. Our members didn't turn from you until you came to our forums, acted hostile/avoidant, ignored a lot of very legitimate questions, and then declared on our ally after assuring us you would not. Surely you can understand how that might put us in a "difficult position"?

We cancelled you because literally no one in our alliance trusts you, and posts like the one above are pretty much a perfect example of why. Your talk of nothing changing, again considering that we just want nothing to do with you whatsoever and yet here you are in an unrelated thread still talking about Partisan and our alliance for some reason, rings particularly hollow. In short, you are either deliberately lying and doing a really poor job at it, or completely delusional.

Manthrax stop being so reasonable, we're supposed to hate each other. 

Guys keep it going. Maybe this will hit 10 pages?

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

The two sphere mentality is an absolute joke. People are allowed to pursue their own FA goals.

Did anyone say they weren't allowed?  No.

( I'll try to keep it going till page 10 guys )

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

I can assure you, he's not deliberately lying. He honestly believes he's telling the truth, even when he's not. He chooses to believe in false truths. 

Steve, here's the entire problem you're having boiled down.. You don't have the right to tell them they're out of line in being offended by your actions. It matters not if intended to offend, or betray them in the last war. The fact is they feel betrayed. They feel like you effectively shit all over them. And here you are, trying the play the shitty politician, and have been the whole time. You know what probably would have solved the whole thing? Simply stating that you're sorry that you betrayed them, publicly. Instead you did a song and dance to try and prove that you're some good guy and Alpha didn't do anything wrong because all that did and does is further piss them off. But here's the thing, you did do something wrong. You made your allies feel betrayed.

I don't recall seeing any post you've made about tS when you assume any blame, admit any meaningful wrongdoing whatsoever. Own your actions. You tell Syndicate to empathize with you? Why would they bother when you've never even considered their feelings in the matter. All you care about is trying to make it seem like Alpha did nothing wrong.

jtTJkfp.gif

That and I told you this shit would happen.

Also, Steve. https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/11735-hello-from-the-other-side/?p=218968Pretty sure you started it man.

Yea, that's insulting to your allies plus it's not even true.  tS/Mensa plus all the people they sign treaties with vs. the world is a pretty black and white view of things that isn't based in reality.  It's that kind of "you are either with us or against us" mentality that appears to be an obvious attempt take away alliance autonomy.

Even if you claim you were simply making an observation is was a condescending one towards Mensa/Syndicate, especially if you consider their feelings from the last war. The person you were replying to made no mention of you, or your alliance directly. Thus you were not ("Do I not have a right to defend myself?" ) defending yourself at all. 

In summary, Steve.

Congrats to OO for your treaty to Alpha or Syndicate whomever wins this argument is now your ally.

• Upvote 6

scSqPGJ.gif

Congratulations OO, you've made it to the big time. Your thread has been hijacked by Syndicate and Alpha because they need to measure each others dicks. 

AUpUFys.png

• Upvote 3

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Damn it man I thought we had an agreement.

Maybe I'll bring up how much you like fisting?

im always the top, so idc

x0H0NxD.jpg?1

01:05:55 <%fistofdoom> im out of wine

01:06:03 <%fistofdoom> i winsih i had port
01:06:39 <@JoshF{BoC}> fistofdoom: is the snowman drunk with you

01:07:32 <%fistofdoom> i knet i forgot somehnt

You know what?  I genuinely considered you a friend, someone who would understand a difficult position Alpha was in last war, or at least try to.  In the end, I think you were just being opportunistic and never considered myself or Alpha to be your friend - only your "on paper ally" and just merely your meatshield, something to be tossed aside when it didn't suit your goals.  You want to feel betrayed, but you, in fact, were the one doing the betraying.  :(

It wasn't Alpha that cancelled tS.  I think you were afraid we were going to cancel you, and that's why you were so quick to cancel on us (which is kinda funny, since we weren't going to until we had talked it through post-war in a more calm environment).  I was constantly trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, that you were just saying stuff out of anger.  I was more than happy to work on the relationship.  I realized that you really didn't want to work on things and talk like friends, but you just wanted your way.  The fact that you and your alliance members were constantly running the spin machine about how bad Alpha was in the forums here....while we were still allied, even....shows your true intentions.  And that doesn't appear to have changed.  And that's your right, you can play the games you want to play.

But Alpha is not your enemy, Partisan.

Frankly, our friendship in this game ended the moment you drove a knife in our back. Manthrax and Chaunce both have aptly stated why we feel betrayed, and I have time and time made this clear to you in private channels as well. You continue to pretend that you did not go back on your word and struck SK despite assurances made to t$. We feel betrayed because we were, in fact, betrayed. Talking the matter through is useless when all trust and respect has been eroded from the relationship, and when you, throughout the process, have consistently refused to take responsibility for your actions.

Once again: We were fine with your attack on Roz Wei in defense of Rose, even if we disagreed. It could have been worked out post-war and we made sure you knew that. We did not consider you a meatshield, and we did attempt to find common ground time and time again. By offering peace at your suggestion. By offering various solutions. By working continuously with various parties in hopes of preventing escalation. By allowing you to go uncountered with the assurance that you would limit yourself to your Roz Wei front. It was only when you broke your promises to The $yndicate, went back on your word and launched a large scale surprise offensive on an ally of t$ without any pre-existing ties that would give cause for such a move, that we began to view our relation as ended.

The only reason we did not consider our treaty void and launched an immediate counter offensive to tear your alliance apart, is our unwillingness to break our own word, for we would have been no better than you. The notion that we cancelled on you because we were 'afraid that you would cancel on us' is absurd. You have given us ample cause for cancellation. We awaited our post-war FA review and moved accordingly. 

The 'spin machine' you speak of consists literally of our members and government publically voicing our resentment after you failed to address critical questions post by our member base in your embassy on our forums. It is a direct result of your unwillingness to communicate openly. You now call that 'spin' and view our dissent as a 'betrayal'. I call it as it is: Ludicrous. You made a move knowing full well that the consequence would be the alienation of your ally. To then turn around and blame that ally for feeling betrayed while simultaneously plotting against them in backrooms and running a two-faced PR campaign in hopes of scoring brownie points with players who may have conflicting interests is laughable.

I am, quite honestly, astonished that you have the gall to call *me* out on a lack of good faith in a situation where you have done everything in your power to make sure that the Alpha-t$ bridge burned more vigorously than the entirety of last war did.

But alas, continue to take shots at us in public. I will continue to haunt you whenever you do. For your false narratives are easily refuted with the facts surrounding the situation we find ourselves in. Shooting down your Spin is quite entertaining anyways.

Speaking of which, you have yet to answer my question.

AUpUFys.png

At least our schlong is bigger in that cartoon. :P

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 3

os9LcJK.gif

HELLO FROM THE DARK SIDE

Hello from the Dank Side

ayyyyyyyyyy

• Upvote 1

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

At least our schlong is bigger in that cartoon. :P

It is only because the comic had different sizes and I randomly chose yours to be that one. In fact, it wasn't until after I started puting the flags in that I realized that there was a size difference(I don't really focus on schlongs, ya know?). You really shouldn't read into it, or frankly anything I post, too much.

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win