For Mensa: Who would you say currently are your greatest enemy alliances?

Lord Balian

have you tried teaching them to not suck? I mean, you clearly aren't the guy for the job but I'm sure someone in BK can do it

yeah, there isn't. :P

On 3/16/2016 at 9:54 PM, Lykos said:

Our next move is obviously rolling LordStrum. 

The hippo is almost as much part of your community as ours. For example I was in the HQ of Mensa during the great VE war and I had nothing against t$

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

I would say the majority of us give no !@#$ about who our 'enemies' are.  That would mean we would need to take more of an interest in the game, beyond shitposting and wrecking other peoples pixels.

• Upvote 5

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Why was this posted here? we could have had a convo on IRC or something, not really worth making a thread about IMO.

Humans cannot create anything out of nothingness. Humans cannot accomplish anything without holding onto something. After all, humans are not gods.

Our enemy is Alpha. Clearly their god tier nuke tactics scares us all, right?

Alpha's military has been critically weakened since the last war. They lost a major strength they had and are no longer a threat to anyone.

scSqPGJ.gif

Alpha's military has been critically weakened since the last war. They lost a major strength they had and are no longer a threat to anyone.

Think you dropped this

il_570xN.431601156_f4u4.jpg

Edited by Metro

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I would say the majority of us give no !@#$ about who our 'enemies' are.  That would mean we would need to take more of an interest in the game, beyond shitposting and wrecking other peoples pixels.

FTFY  Wayne nailed it.  If you want to understand Mensa HQ, read and understand what this statement means.  He did leave out that we're technocrats at heart and in mind.  That is, we're always in search of the optimal method to wreck pixels.

Priest of Dio

This thread needs a poll. Options should be MP and The Jews. Then you'll see who our real enemies are.

Also side note, we can't have a "Greatest enemy" because our enemies lack greatness after we stomp their pixels. #swag

• Upvote 3

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I'm just glad some people got the joke.

In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and your ego.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

The thing about Mensa is that right up until the moment that 35000 planes make an emergency landing on your alliance's face you are looking for reasons and justifications. There aren't any. We laughed at things like casus bellis when we joined and we're still laughing. Pfeiffer and maybe one or two of the executive are the only people in the alliance with more than a tenuous grasp on who is actually on our side. We just wait for the nod and then bomb whoever is in our path. Pfeiffer is usually nice enough to tell us if it's a suicide attack before we go in.

Though I have to say I was quite pleased to get to wreck BoC after they organised that spy-rape of Mensa way back in the early days of our joining the game.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Priest of Dio

just because the Nazis did something doesn't mean it's automatically wrong

We formed in late Jan/early Feb and considering we come from a completely different gaming culture/area than the vast majority of Orbis' population here, there hasn't been time to really develop a longstanding rivalry or grudge.  In our alliance, there's no unified dislike for a single alliance.  Yet.

As Haggar says though, most of us will just beat around the bush and goof around.

I'll be straight though as I was entertained thinking on this.

This is just from my personal views of observing us from inside and outside.  I'll go down the list of alliances.  So don't take my word as final for our community, because we have drastically different opinions of each alliance individually.  We're a mess.

Rose is Rose.  Plus they took in Oblige, whom our community either hates or just loves to mess with him.  I love him though, cause I feel bad for whales.  They're limited in the water, while hippos can cross water and land.

VE was actually becoming an alliance we generally disliked, but then Impero stepped down and that seemed to ease tensions.

UPN still has some respect due to them helping us early on in our growth and that can't be forgotten, but their leadership really botched up the level of trust.

The Syndicate - I'll be honest, some of us really hated Partisan during The Great VE War, but some of us respected him too.  We're weird like that.  We have people who hate being trolled, but we also have people who love to see others troll us.  Right now we love them.  Their alliance has been awesome with us.

GPA - I got nothing.

Mensa HQ - We hate ourselves.  No, seriously, we're constantly at each other's throats on our forums.  We have a bipolar mindset in our community.  We are our own worst enemy. Don't come to us if you can't handle aggression, but we will be straight with you there.  Pfeiffer is blunt as hell for us.

BoC - Pre-Ashland leaving, we hated them.  A lot.  Post-Ashland leaving, eh, whatever.  Kadin's departure also helped ease tensions too.

SK - !@#$ Tenages.  Actually, no, he's a swell guy and leader.  Despite the botchery of The Great VE War planning, we're still pretty tight with them, and our dedication to continue with that war even with the botchery will tell you how far we go for our allies.  I do want a fancy signature from them.

BK - ayyy lmao; but no really, they've been awesome.  Only issue we have is some members of theirs will beige targets during a war.  I think that was the only gripe we had, ever, with them.  I personally was surprised by how quick they pick up slots in a war though.  They're fast as hell with that.

Arrgh - This will be strange, but I think Mensa has more respect for Arrgh than we do for other alliances.  At least in a general speaking sense.  We'd like to fight them, but we'd like to fight alongside with them too.  It's a strange perspective we have about them.

Roz Wei - Overall we have decent opinions about them, but nothing too much mentioned since they're a relatively new alliance.

Cornerstone - They've been solid with VE and we've noticed that, but nothing much beyond that.

Alpha - We respect them, however, they're a newer alliance than us so we'll see as time goes on to see where relations develop.

TKR - Nothing bad about them, but nothing much has been mentioned about them.  They've been dedicated allies to their fellows, and we respect that.

DEIC - Overall, we had nothing against them, until Clarke...

I'll add more when I get back from lunch.

I quite enjoyed our marketing efforts against Mensa on the forums at the time.

• Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Wow.  Just wow.  The reason I asked is because I have been away for a while and wanted to get caught up on any changes to the politics of the game, any major global Orbis changes, alliance changes, etc. I wanted to find out the reasons for the current conflict, and if is still going on.  There was no secret motive to my question.  I asked specifically about Mensa and who their enemies are/were because when I looked under the 'conflicts' section in-game, i saw mostly Mensa HQ nations at war, and wanted to know if the current conflcit was mostly directed to them, or how many other alliances were in this conflcit, and most importantly, why. 

I have been gone for about two months due to something called Cystic Fibrosis, which is a terminal genetic illness with an average lifespan of 37, and I am 40.  I have been hospitalized 10 times alst year, and 5 times so far this year.  A few months ago, i almost died.  And what brought me into the hospital this time around was the grief and stress of having both my mom and sister killed.  So if people could please be kind and not jump down my throat, as all that I wanted to do is get caught up in the developments of the game. 

Thanks.

Wow.  Just wow.  The reason I asked is because I have been away for a while and wanted to get caught up on any changes to the politics of the game, any major global Orbis changes, alliance changes, etc. I wanted to find out the reasons for the current conflict, and if is still going on.  There was no secret motive to my question.  I asked specifically about Mensa and who their enemies are/were because when I looked under the 'conflicts' section in-game, i saw mostly Mensa HQ nations at war, and wanted to know if the current conflcit was mostly directed to them, or how many other alliances were in this conflcit, and most importantly, why. 

I have been gone for about two months due to something called Cystic Fibrosis, which is a terminal genetic illness with an average lifespan of 37, and I am 40.  I have been hospitalized 10 times alst year, and 5 times so far this year.  A few months ago, i almost died.  And what brought me into the hospital this time around was the grief and stress of having both my mom and sister killed.  So if people could please be kind and not jump down my throat, as all that I wanted to do is get caught up in the developments of the game. 

Thanks.

You're fine bud, no need to get too personal with your life here.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1