How this war should play out.

Prefontaine

Alpha as a target was never serious. Pre's analysis suggests that his feelings are hurt, however.

Is the CB worthless? No more than any other, I guess. Everyone is careful not to present a CB, so anytime someone attempts to ride one into war they always come out tenuous. Does it really matter whether the CB is worthless? Only if you like to use it to complain about being attacked. 

I think Pre's mad.

I'm not really insultable, Pre.  Try harder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Like pottery.

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?

plus those of us who stuck around turned into a >bloc diaspora and infested other alliances

Like I said a long time ago, the smart blocheads jumped ship long before it hit the iceberg.

Anyways, thinking to much ruins the fun when everything goes to !@#$. Nuke first, worry about MD's and oA's later.

Edited by Metro

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Alpha as a target was never serious. Pre's analysis suggests that his feelings are hurt, however.

Is the CB worthless? No more than any other, I guess. Everyone is careful not to present a CB, so anytime someone attempts to ride one into war they always come out tenuous. Does it really matter whether the CB is worthless? Only if you like to use it to complain about being attacked. 

We interpreted like it was serious and nothing ever appeared to be said in a joking manner.  Combined with your aggression on other protectorates, I don't think you can say that.  Not sure you can really try to discredit Prefontaine in the way you are trying to.  Better to address his points, then use the tired "umad" reply.

And yes, you should just attack Rose if you have an issue with them.  By saying it's just strategy all you are saying is you are being cowardly, no offense bro.  Clearly you are prepared for war, so you shouldn't be afraid of Rose.  You do nullify the "Rose did us wrong" CB by hitting Vanguard.  It negates your entire claim of Rose's wrongdoing, by doing something else "wrong".  Or rather, using a CB that has nothing to do with Vanguard. 

I don't really care if you just hit Vanguard with no CB, but when alliances either twist a treaty that wasn't there or use a completely faulty CB, that is probably where you are getting critized.

By your logic, that any ally of Rose is fair game, you should also be hitting DEIC, BK, and all the other Rose allies.  As in your own words, they are just as guilty as Rose.

One thing is for sure, I will never support hitting someone's ally for what that alliance did.

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 2

And yes, you should just attack Rose if you have an issue with them.  By saying it's just strategy all you are saying is you are being cowardly, no offense bro.  Clearly you are prepared for war, so you shouldn't be afraid of Rose.

It's silly to suggest that Mensa are afraid of Rose, when they just attacked their bloc mate in an attempt to provoke a reaction from them. I assume the idea to go about it this way, was for Mensa to avoid activating the DEIC treaty and putting UPN in a very awkward place. So if you know that their actions have been to simply circumnavigate that treaty, why would you suggest that they were scared? I am 100% sure that if it wasn't for that tie, Mensa would of engaged them a long time ago.

Questioning the attack on Vanguard is fair imo -- and we all have our own subjective opinions about that. But suggesting that they were scared of Rose is delusional. Even you have to admit that this was a strategic move, as opposed to one based our of 'fear' of Rose.

Edited by Saru
  • Upvote 2

200px-UPN.svg.png

Second in Command of UPN

It's silly to suggest that Mensa are afraid of Rose, when they just attacked their bloc mate in an attempt to provoke a reaction from them. I assume the idea to go about it this way, was for Mensa to avoid activating the DEIC treaty and putting UPN in a very awkward place. So if you know that their actions have been to simply circumnavigate that treaty, why would you suggest that they were scared? I am 100% sure that if it wasn't for that tie, Mensa would of engaged them a long time ago.

Questioning the attack on Vanguard is fair imo -- and we all have our own subjective opinions about that. But suggesting that they were scared of Rose is delusional. Even you have to admit that this was a strategic move, as opposed to one based our of 'fear' of Rose.

It's still being a bit afraid of treaty triggers, I think that's a true statement.  Mensa is afraid to deal with Rose 1v1.  Not really that big of a deal, Alpha couldn't take any of the top 5-10 alliances either.  I get Mensa's strategy, and really the only reason why they hit Vanguard and Reichswehr is because UPN is choosing to oA in with Mensa if they are attacked, via the non-chaining optional clause in your treaty (correct me if I'm wrong here).  It's the reason this war has been so backwards instead of a direct Mensa-Rose war.  It's something that is kind of annoying to watch.  Mensa hits xyz, Rose hits Mensa and Mensa finally gets the war it's wanted with Rose over the member that left Mensa that bothered Pfeiffer.

We were so afraid of Rose that we disrupted the status quo and started an offensive. Nevermind that could have relied on our 4 strong allies if we were ever attacked. That sounds pretty legit...

You actually prove my point by saying this.  Although I completely disagree that any of your MDP treaties should trigger in this case, since you started this war by hitting two alliances that have done nothing to you. 

But like Tenages said, every alliance can oA/no treaty into any fight it wants to.  I have no issues with this.

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 1

Pre pre pre. I am disappointed son, you had this pretty picture of your side having an overwhelming victory but mensa actually made a clever play and now it's all come crashing down. You picked sides too early!

I for one am very excited to see a war where the sides should be fairly even and military capabilities will actually play a part on which side will come out top. But yes, what you're saying will likely happen but I don't think it won't bring in all the other alliances people are predicting to come in. If people want to fight they'll fight.

There actually seems to be more strategy involved in this war than I've seen for a long time.

• Upvote 1
T7Vrilp.png

Ofcourse Mensa is scared of Rose, reason they did this is so that their allies can help them.I bet if Mensa attacked Rose, Rose would tell their allies not to help them with it, which is even better for both Rose and them(allies).It could have been 1 on 1 fight, but no.

Ofcourse Mensa is scared of Rose, reason they did this is so that their allies can help them.I bet if Mensa attacked Rose, Rose would tell their allies not to help them with it, which is even better for both Rose and them(allies).It could have been 1 on 1 fight, but no.

If alliances are willing to fight 1 on 1, whats the point in Paragon and whatever other alliance blocs we have then? 

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Well, I'm not entirely sure Vanguard was the next target. After the raids on Reischland and a lack of action from Rose, it was one of those " Does Rose even care? "

Then the personal attack ad happened and we went to attack while trying to be tactical with the web. Or that's my perspective on it.

So Mensa hit Reichswehr on the 19th. A day later you hit Vanguard because we didn't retaliate against those attacks straight away. The personal attack ad was posted on the 9th August iirc (I've got logs to back that up, do you?). Your whole war time line has just been disproven, Zakath

Pre pre pre. I am disappointed son, you had this pretty picture of your side having an overwhelming victory but mensa actually made a clever play and now it's all come crashing down. You picked sides too early!

I for one am very excited to see a war where the sides should be fairly even and military capabilities will actually play a part on which side will come out top. But yes, what you're saying will likely happen but I don't think it won't bring in all the other alliances people are predicting to come in. If people want to fight they'll fight.

There actually seems to be more strategy involved in this war than I've seen for a long time.

I picked a side? Didn't realize I was fighting already.

Edited by Prefontaine

scSqPGJ.gif

On Monday at lunch you can sit at the Mensa table in the cafeteria Pre. PiZ has scored all the answers to the Earth Science exam you are welcome to them as reparations. We are sorry we made you feel uncool.  :(

I thought you were in Mensa......why would you have the answers to the Earth Science exam, wouldn't it be more like Quantitative Physics or Molecular Biology or something along those lines? Also, who would want to sit at a table full of kids who are always the last picked on teams, first out in dodgeball and close personal friends friends with the lunch lady. No my friend....you are not the cool table.....not even close!

X4EfkAB.png

@Iso elderon wasn't informed of the picture until recent along with the rest of the alliance. Our members are forum active but not super IRC active (which is where that ad circulated.)

@Alpha. It was mentioned but it was stated after that (actually in the same post by the same person) it was something we didn't want to do. Opinions aside, attacking alpha would have been the wiser option in triggering just Rose so the fact we attacked Vanguard over you guys should speak for itself.

Anyway if Rose was down for a 1v1 they should have just said when they read our forums. You guys apparently had them for what like 2-3 days before we attacked?

Edited by TellUrGrlThx

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸
¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

6m0xPQ1.gif

If alliances are willing to fight 1 on 1, whats the point in Paragon and whatever other alliance blocs we have then?

Well this is one alliance attacking,not whole coalition.Besides Rose wouldn‘t have reason to call in allies as im pretty confident it can take Mensa down on it's own

Maybe Mensa just really hates Vanguard. I know what it's like to wanna smack someone right in lips. I bet Vanguard asked Rose to sit it out. Ragnar be crazy......

Nah, I bet Vanguard is glad to wait a couple of weeks while Rose "prepare".

It's still being a bit afraid of treaty triggers, I think that's a true statement.  Mensa is afraid to deal with Rose 1v1.  

Lol. Really, if the disgusting web of alliances of this game weren't present, we would be willing to 1v1 anyone including Rose. We concentrate our scores in a certain range which gives us the possibility to fight against larger alliances and still stay intact. The thing is, I doubt Rose would ever agree to a honest-to-goodness 1v1. It seems you know nothing about Mensa HQ, Placentica; but I know you are a good guy and won't pursue this discussion any longer.

77oKn5K.png

Lol. Really, if the disgusting web of alliances of this game weren't present, we would be willing to 1v1 anyone including Rose. We concentrate our scores in a certain range which gives us the possibility to fight against larger alliances and still stay intact. The thing is, I doubt Rose would ever agree to a honest-to-goodness 1v1. It seems you know nothing about Mensa HQ, Placentica; but I know you are a good guy and won't pursue this discussion any longer.

Exactly what a coward would say.
f0f41e8f.png

Mensa HQ [sic] is 100% in their right to attack anyone they want, for any reason.  As would be anyone.  If anything, any justification only weakens that position.  I care as little about a silly casus belli as they do.  The world order is organized such that anyone should attack whenever, wherever, and why-ever (new word! I rule!) they choose, and not be constrained by what any peanut gallery thinks, unless that peanut gallery is willing to put its missiles where its mouth is.  And that is right and just.  And it is the only precedent that anyone should respect.

Time for talk has passed.  My dance card is empty and I intend to fill it before this prom is over.

• Upvote 3

Apple_of_Discord.png

The only reason why I don't want Mensa and Rose to fight 1v1 is because you guys have a pathetic upper tier. That means guys like me won't get much action. But personal bias aside, there is no reason for Rose not to 1v1 Mensa knowing we have all the advantage.

So be thankful for that disgusting web because that is the only thing that gives you a chance and makes this war more interesting.

aphelion3_zpsonpnqy10.png