Jurassic Park National Project, and Velociraptors

Alex

Jurassic Park National Project Poll  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea, or stupid?

• Excellent Suggestion, Mr. Sheepy
    • This is stupid, why are you wasting your time with this

i agree with the feeling from this thread: it would be a good addition for april fools day for peeps to mess around with but that should not be in game. why not you might ask?

it is not in line with the pnw theme 

also also im not totally sure about calling it jurassic park coz i think that name is trademarked and copyrighted  ;)

but yea dont do it :P

tumblr_n08c8brOmX1sk379io6_250.gif

Going for top nation

you want the game to be interesting but cry when fun stuff is added.... smh. 

raptors are second only to bears. 

do you want a bear army running amok? DO YOU? DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD MEAN??

bears.

I think having Bears as a military unit would be great js

I suggested a Project about bears, a while back ;)

http://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2630-project-suggestion-thread/?p=79658

• Upvote 2

sig_cybernations.PNG.8d49a01423f488a0f1b846927f5acc7e.PNG

While the idea would be fun it seem that a lot of people feel it strays outside of the game. If you want to implement something similar, in line with the game, then the project should allow you to recruit rebels, or guerrillas to send into other nations. The same principles could apply a have cap limit, they destroy/eat food, and it takes cash to find and kill them.

• Upvote 2

From the discussion, I suggest two projects based on the same idea.

(1) Bio weapon (microbes) to destroy crops stored in the targeted nation (or)

(2) Rebel/Guerrila/Terrorist training camp which will increase the crime rate and reduce income of the targeted nation.

I believe both of the above projects will match the theme of this game very well.

• Upvote 3

I think it's a terrible idea. :wacko:

Is the reason behind this that food is too plentiful or that prices are too low?  It would be easier to change the production formula.

It would be nice to create something that gives people stuff to do outside war anyway.  Most people spend the majority of time not being in a war and with rather little to do in game.  Wars are already an interesting experience and I think it would be better to add to the out of war experience.

I like this idea. It's silly, but I think you can have one-two tongue in cheek mechanics without ruining the tone of the game. I'd be one of the first to build this and piss around with it.

Support.

☾☆

High Priest of Dio

Why not make it cheaper and not take up a project slot, and make it non-permanent to the game instead?

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

I like the idea of a rotating bonus type thing. Maybe nations could build a genericly cryptic "Special Weapons Research Laboratory" (think Torchwood or SHIELD) that lets them periodically get something sci-fi like. So maybe today it's raptors. Next month maybe an advisor comes to your leader and says you've lost all the raptors, but figured out how to train sharks. Maybe Halloween brings some new contagion, or an otherworldly space ship.

I think this has potential in the long run as a pleasant little feature for veterans, if the numbers are tweaked right.

Also, this is totally the kind of thing I'd be very tempted to shell out a credit subscription for, even as a purely cosmetic/ VIPs only thing. Who wouldn't want to broadcast to other nations about their secret weapon programs?

• Upvote 2

In reference to how everyone is saying that this doesn't fit with the game, how about we change it from raptors to blight infection? 

All wars in the past have had some sort of sabotage which affects the lifeline of an army. Burning fuel, spreading disease, destroying crops. A blight infection is something that we have to deal with commonly in the real world, and has been considered as part of a biochemical warfare option by some countries. Think of it as poisoning the well, but the food instead. 

Still keep the numbers though, I suppose. Personally, I think we should modify the CIA project a bit. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Raptors are the jobbers of the dinosaur world so I ask what fun is there in that? Who wants to have command over some poor jabronis. Give us the main event talent if something like this is going to be done surely.

jwdino1.jpg

• Downvote 1

Temporarily forgetting about the aesthetic "raptors" part of the project, let's briefly look at this in terms of how many people will actually purchase this project. 

This project costs roughly ~$6m, depending on the market prices. This project obviously takes up a project slot. This project is dependent upon spies. This project requires you to use money to execute operations...

Already, this project is a financial drain. Unlike the gold standard Iron Dome, this project doesn't pay for itself. In fact, this project requires money. And spies. Purely from a financial standpoint here, this project is something people wouldn't get unless they are trolls, have too much money, incompetent, or all three. 

Secondly, from a strategic point of view, this project is only useful when dealing with someone you have already blockaded. After all, without the blockade, they can just buy food if they desperately need it. Even during wartime, food doesn't go too far over 120 ppu. It's like an expensive way to flip the wheelchair of a paraplegic terminal cancer patient. If you have that much spy dominance over another person to go walk over and eat their food, a more useful use of that operation would probably be to kill the guy's missiles or nukes. The only case where I see this operation being used is when you have practically won the war, but just to screw with this guy, raid his fridge. 

So, all in all, this is a project that takes up a slot, eats $6m, requires you to have more spies than your target for any decent success, requires money for those spies to have any decent success, and is only used when you are kicking someone's nuts around like it's the dominatrix world cup. 

Amount of people buying this project in the next 6 months: 3

1st guy is a troll, second guy is a 10-year-old inside who loves dinosaurs, and third guy is some guy in tS who has too much money. 

Edit: 

Perhaps instead of adding this as another project, perhaps you can put this op as something you can unlock if you have the CIA project, that way it buffs the CIA project and makes people want to buy the project a bit more. CIA project needs a bit of buffing. Only 3 people in the game (as far as I know) have it, and this might expand the usage of CIA to more nations. 

Edited by Caecus

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Eh, I think more people will buy it than what you believe.  Afterall, it'll be useful for at least one or two people in an alliance to use.

Would also synergize well with CIA Project, and encourage more spy operations to determine how battles operate.

Honestly, I'd consider this project along with CIA project.  Would suck not having Iron Dome, but it'd be nice to put "Hippos" ( Not Raptors, although Raptors are pretty cool too ) on people blockaded to starve em out even faster during a alliance war.

• Downvote 1

• Administrators

Well, as I originally stated on IRC, without overwhelming support (via this thread, specifically the poll) this isn't going to happen.

Regardless, it's been amusing watching everyone debate this and fantasize about dinosaurs.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

How about we do the Narwhal Invasion Project.

Code name Nip. You basically strap laser beams to there heads and allow them to roam around enemy ports. They destroy a few ships a day and put a damper on your economy. In short the laser beam and the harden horn complement each other quite nicely making them a formidable threat. 

• Upvote 1

6oiRRnl.jpg

I quit playing for myself long ago, I play for another.

One thing I think would be fun to do is to have a 'Project Design' competition where people submit their suggestions for a new project, and whoever wins gets to choose a bonus in either money or resources.  Or perhaps have it so whoever wins get an alliance bonus for his/her alliance, such as perhaps everyone in the alliance gets a +5% increase in gross income for a month.  Just a thought.  I dont know if it would be better to have a particular nation or alliance bonus.  I am kinda new so I imagine you may have done this before....but it would be a great way to keep the people of Orbis engaged in the forums. 

To be honest I would make it so that it makes your soldiers fight better. The idea would be that you're unleashing packs of raptors to fight with your troops. Everyone(who isn't terribly boring) would probably want it then and I'd think it would be absolutely absurd and a 9000/10 idea.

Barring that, you could make a simple "Genetics Laboratory" to boost soldiers....that's less absurd.

Edited by Delyruin

☾☆

Priest of Dio

It's like an expensive way to flip the wheelchair of a paraplegic terminal cancer patient.

/thread

☾☆

Priest of Dio

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR DIO BRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ DIO BRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

I like this idea and would make things interesting but wouldn't go with the games theme. But maybe we can look at it this way. Orbis is earth in an alternate universe and is like 100x bigger then our earth and has a larger population and who knows how many more nations. So how about we keep the project sense orbis is most likely far more advanced and was able to revive the dinosaurs and then created an amusement park for our citizens to go too, to see them. So basically instead of using Dino's to attack other nations they can be used as a tourist attraction and the project can give your nation a boost in income, not commerce but income.

Amidst the eternal waves of time From a ripple of change shall the storm rise Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon Behold the razgriz, its wings of black sheath The demon soars through dark skies Fear and death trail its shadow beneath Until men united weild a hallowed sabre In final reckoning, the beast is slain As the demon sleeps, man turns on man His own blood and madness soon cover the earth From the depths of despair awaken the razgriz Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light