Frawley

War Stats: Global War 14

15 hours ago, Frawley said:

Yes it does, it looks at the infra damage every city takes, as well as nation loot, alliance loot etc. 

I'd argue the opposite, given that beiging your opponents is dumb strategically, its much more reflective of the actual winners in wars. 

Edit: But yes, it is more sensitive to initial conditions, eg infra sell offs or prior conflicts reducing infra, both of which have happened in this war. 

I like that you're trying to do something different with victory/defeat conditions, but introducing strategy as a factor is something that's just not feasible. There are plenty of suicide hits, none of these would be considered victory even though they are strategically significant. Similarly, someone who sits on a nation and does minimal damage, they would possibly receive more damage or result in a draw, but you many would consider that a strategic victory.

You can't know intention, so it shouldn't factor into victory conditions in individual wars.

6 hours ago, Reuben Cheuk said:

For some reason one of my wars isn't being counted: https://politicsandwar.com/nation/war/timeline/war=467294

The KT offshore wasn't registered, it is now.

16 hours ago, Hodor said:

I like that you're trying to do something different with victory/defeat conditions, but introducing strategy as a factor is something that's just not feasible. There are plenty of suicide hits, none of these would be considered victory even though they are strategically significant. Similarly, someone who sits on a nation and does minimal damage, they would possibly receive more damage or result in a draw, but you many would consider that a strategic victory.

You can't know intention, so it shouldn't factor into victory conditions in individual wars.

Its not strategic, its math.  If it costs you more to war than you did, you lost on stats.

Of course it has limitations, NPO doesn't beige as a general rule and the all planes strategy means we lose the stat war early on.  Just the same as being at war previously, or selling off infra improves your 'relative' performance.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lyev said:

Terminal Jest has switched sides, and is now allied with NPO.  Not sure what that will do to the stats page.

Already added.

10 hours ago, Frawley said:

Its not strategic, its math.  If it costs you more to war than you did, you lost on stats.

Of course it has limitations, NPO doesn't beige as a general rule and the all planes strategy means we lose the stat war early on.  Just the same as being at war previously, or selling off infra improves your 'relative' performance.

Yea, yea, we agree, I was just saying we shouldn't factor in strategy to these conditions. Maybe I misunderstood your original statement.