We interrupt your regularly scheduled bickering to bring you Pacifica News

Charles Bolivar

Was wondering when Avakael would notice it. lmbo

like Kastor said, good try at spinning this.

That's all I'm going to say.

I only visit the forum when I need to check something, otherwise, the skype chat all the way. :v

Another world that will fall to Francoism as other worlds did before it.

If you know you're going to run into the attempting-to-take-over-the-world criticism every time you join a new game (and Pacifica absolutely does), why make it harder for yourself? How is anyone not in the PnW NPO supposed to interpret this?

Le1AjCa.png

I only visit the forum when I need to check something, otherwise, the skype chat all the way. :v

If you know you're going to run into the attempting-to-take-over-the-world criticism every time you join a new game (and Pacifica absolutely does), why make it harder for yourself? How is anyone not in the PnW NPO supposed to interpret this?

I mean, here's the thing: I didn't author the statement myself, but all it entails is a desire to continue exist as a strong alliance in the face of people seeing themselves as trying to stop us from dominating. You took this from NS NPO's forums and gave it to Charles. You obviously know NS NPO doesn't have the goal of world domination. That said, if you want to try to exploit something from a community you participate in for cheap political points on here, be my guest. In fact, eternal empire moving forward just means a persistent entity with a long tradition. It doesn't imply taking over the world and that isn't really part of Perg's conception of the Eternal Empire. He took his liberties with rhetorical flourish as recruitment things often do, which is perfectly fine, and I'm not going to throw him under the bus.

Was wondering when Avakael would notice it. lmbo

like Kastor said, good try at spinning this.

That's all I'm going to say.

No one is spinning and no one is actually concerned with your recruitment efforts. Indeed, Pacifica needs all the help it can get by the looks of things so I wish you good luck with your recruitment efforts.

What we are amused by however is the defeatist language typically employed on this forum vs the grandiose "Pacifica shall prevail" rhetoric plastered on NPO's home forums.

Which one is it Roq, is the game imbalanced or are we all just engaged in "a hilarious endeavor" ?   :P

dangelo-barksdale.gif

Edited by Night King

Untitled.png

BitesizedIdealBanteng-size_restricted.gi

I swear, this war is going to be the one to finally make me run out of these gifs.

First the food, then the gifs. Truly, this is this most horrific war ever.

• Upvote 3

No one is spinning and no one is actually concerned with your recruitment efforts. Indeed, Pacifica needs all the help it can get by the looks of things so I wish you good luck with your recruitment efforts.

What we are amused by however is the defeatist language typically employed on this forum vs the grandiose "Pacifica shall prevail" rhetoric plastered on NPO's home forums.

Which one is it Roq, is the game imbalanced or are we all just engaged in "a hilarious endeavor" ?   :P

I don't think I  said we were giving up on PW because of the political situation and the "defeatist" rhetoric largely surrounds the fact that a lot of people in the Orbis community do feel it's pretty unbalanced and stagnant and that military dominance by a particular grouping is incontestable. The political dynamism and interesting nature of the game's politics many tout it having isn't there. We're not going turn that around with new nations, tbqh though having more people makes us stronger. But yeah, all "prevailing" entails is maintaining a strong cohesive group in the face of circumstances we come across. It doesn't imply military or material supremacy, which it is obvious we cannot achieve from as far behind the other major alliances as we are.  There isn't really a contradiction here.

idk why I took the bait here since I don't have a lot of interest in becoming further absorbed in back and forths here and the language in the recruitment thread is intentionally grandiose. Just enjoy your world and we'll continue trying to live in it while we deem it worthwhile. 

I don't think I  said we were giving up on PW because of the political situation and the "defeatist" rhetoric largely surrounds the fact that a lot of people in the Orbis community do feel it's pretty unbalanced and stagnant and that military dominance by a particular grouping is incontestable. The political dynamism and interesting nature of the game's politics many tout it having isn't there. We're not going turn that around with new nations, tbqh though having more people makes us stronger. But yeah, all "prevailing" entails is maintaining a strong cohesive group in the face of circumstances we come across. It doesn't imply military or material supremacy, which it is obvious we cannot achieve from as far behind the other major alliances as we are.  There isn't really a contradiction here.

idk why I took the bait here since I don't have a lot of interest in becoming further absorbed in back and forths here and the language in the recruitment thread is intentionally grandiose. Just enjoy your world and we'll continue trying to live in it while we deem it worthwhile. 

That's nice and all but you need to read your own announcements by the sounds of it.

"Another world that will fall to Francoism" sounds oddly different from the "Oh noes, we keep losing, game must be imbalanced!

Come on Roq, you can do better than this. At least I hope you can :P

Edited by Night King

Untitled.png

Yeah, you're right. The combat system gives the people on the offense a giant advantage. Wait a minute... NPO was on the offense this time. Your coordination wasn't good enough, and it didn't let you bring your target down fast enough to give you the advantage you needed. And then when you got pushed back, many NPO members couldn't afford more tanks.

Maybe if you guys invested that 1.2 billion into more steel instead of holding it on a new beiged account to use to rebuild so you can lose all over again, y'all could have pulled it off.

But that's none of my business.

Icwalk.gif

tl;dr "We will bring in our massive army and invade Orbis."

Do it. And while you're at it, so should Mensa. And TEst, Guardian, UPN, Fark, so on and so forth. You aren't the only ones with people in other games doing things. You'd be surprised at how many alliances can bring in large numbers. You aren't the unique and special snowflakes you think you are.

Edited by Doom Marine
  • Upvote 1

q8nfyvc.gif

Apparently the game can't be too imbalanced at all if all we are doing is and I quote "a hilarious endeavor".

To be fair, I think kicking their asses does indeed fit the definition of a hilarious endeavor, at least from our point of view.

"Due to our outstanding successes in both, NationStates and Cybernations, there are multiple factions in Politics and War that try anything to prevent that another world, dominated by the New Pacific Order becomes their reality"

"Another world will fall to Francoism as other worlds did before it"

I can't speak for anyone else but to me the above very much implies that NPO seeks to dominate Orbis like they have dominated elsewhere and looking at the state of Bob (and by using common sense), I'd say this is a distinctly negative thing. I don't know how we're supposed to be spinning it, it more or less says black on white that NPO wants to rule the planet. I don't particularly have anything against NPO but this attitude is enough for me to be opposed to them. A lot of people (including myself) will do whatever we can to keep Orbis being dominated by NPO from becoming a reality, it's certainly right about that.

I don't even understand why you have this desire to establish your dominance, it seems very primitive and apelike to me. Our sphere might be hegemonic now but that is merely a result of us being forced to consolidate our sphere in the face of adversity and said adversity failing to prevent our rise. We never wanted to be dominant and I will be opposed to any one alliance having too much power over the course of the game, even my own alliance. Fun and entertainment are better ideals than dominance.

Edited by Big Brother
  • Upvote 1

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

@Ava - that was pretty shitty, not the actual thing copied which isn't particularly groundbreaking, but that you would do that at all.

I don't actually care in the slightest, because despite your personal standards, I've been around long enough to know that no NPO government would have hesitated to do the same thing in my shoes. In fact, having watched the NPO continuously play up The Syndicate's community crossover with MI6 since the day they arrived, your personal disappointment is deeply hypocritical. Edited by Avakael
  • Upvote 1

Le1AjCa.png

I don't actually care in the slightest, because despite your personal standards, I've been around long enough to know that no NPO government would have hesitated to do the same thing in my shoes. In fact, having watched the NPO continuously play up The Syndicate's community crossover with MI6 since the day they arrived, your personal disappointment is deeply hypocritical.

no

• Upvote 2

:sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:  :sheepy:               :sheepy:              :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy: :sheepy:

Greatkitteh was here.-

tl;dr "We will bring in our massive army and invade Orbis."

Do it. And while you're at it, so should Mensa. And TEst, Guardian, UPN, Fark, so on and so forth. You aren't the only ones with people in other games doing things. You'd be surprised at how many alliances can bring in large numbers. You aren't the unique and special snowflakes you think you are.

cCc Be careful what you wish for cCc

Praise Dio. Every !@#$ing day.