$yndicate Press Release: Contract Termination

Prefonteen

How does that have anything to do with syndisphere having to save mensa? Rose's own decisions do not absolve mensa of responsibility for their own irresponsibility. There wouldn't have been a war at all if mensa hadn't made such an easily avoidable error. I mean really, did they honestly think attacking vanguard wouldn't lead to consequences? Anyone could have and most probably did predict the likely result. I bet when you heard about the raid you thought "hold on, this isn't gonna go well". :P

tldr: two silly decisions doesn't make mensa smart. It just makes two silly decisions.

200w.gif

PoJQyFJ.gif

You're still drawing conclusions that have nothing to do with your source material. The mechanics of war ranges meaning our middle got hit hardest doesn't mean gov doesn't care.

You're spinning this narrative that Rose is 10 old friends and a bunch of semi-active cash cows and it's disingenuous bullshit.

No no, durmij, clearly you're just an "inner tier" shill. :ph34r: Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

Meat shields and tax farms.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Rose leeches off of the vast majority of their membership to benefit those in the circle jerk of their inner tier. They are not an alliance, they are a lame social group who all happen to have accounts in this game.

>Was in Rose gov before

>Still in Rose now

>fought in 8 wars this round and took 10 nukes

>has only gotten 10M so far in aid

>was 6th largest member in Rose prior to the war

Yeah Pfeiffer, you don't know what the !@#$ you're talking about.

Edited by HouseofJacks

No no, durmij, clearly you're just an "inner tier" shill. :ph34r:

I'm inner tier? That must be why Pub started sending me money and nudes. I thought he was just confusing me for Keegoz.

How does that have anything to do with syndisphere having to save mensa? Rose's own decisions do not absolve mensa of responsibility for their own irresponsibility. There wouldn't have been a war at all if mensa hadn't made such an easily avoidable error. I mean really, did they honestly think attacking vanguard wouldn't lead to consequences? Anyone could have and most probably did predict the likely result. I bet when you heard about the raid you thought "hold on, this isn't gonna go well". :P

tldr: two silly decisions doesn't make mensa smart. It just makes two silly decisions.

I came here to say "Hodor" and get this thing to 20 pages but this shit is stupid. As someone who actively worked to prevent the war and also tried a few times to calm you down and befriend you during the frustrating days prior to the war, I'm quite surprised you came in here to talk, and frankly you've lost a lot of my respect.

First, you fled t$ before war even though you pledged to stay and fight despite disagreeing with the war. I respected you a lot for this, but then you deserted. Worse, you didn't even participate for the other side. You set up some new alliance that has already failed and you've hopped to Alpha AND Rose in the aftermath of this war.

Second, you are repeating talking points that were already refuted or at least addressed in this thread and others. I know you are not so stupid as to ignore them and continue on with this narrative anyways, so do us a favor and take the time to look.

• Upvote 2

I came here to say "Hodor" and get this thing to 20 pages but this shit is stupid. As someone who actively worked to prevent the war and also tried a few times to calm you down and befriend you during the frustrating days prior to the war, I'm quite surprised you came in here to talk, and frankly you've lost a lot of my respect.

First, you fled t$ before war even though you pledged to stay and fight despite disagreeing with the war. I respected you a lot for this, but then you deserted. Worse, you didn't even participate for the other side. You set up some new alliance that has already failed and you've hopped to Alpha AND Rose in the aftermath of this war.

Second, you are repeating talking points that were already refuted or at least addressed in this thread and others. I know you are not so stupid as to ignore them and continue on with this narrative anyways, so do us a favor and take the time to look.

Actually saddened that you don't know the true story or are choosing to deliberately misinterpret it.

I before the war, a few days before actually made it quite clear that I would not defend mensa, I stated pretty clearly I would defend tS and any of syndicate's other allies who were attacked and that I would be leaving post war. I freely admit to that. However due to talking to carter and abbas and being revealed logs which made it pretty clear what a sh*tstorm was going on behind the scenes ( I mean really, the log between carter and partisan where it becomes clear Mensa had outright lied or kept things from Syndicate gov was most revealing). When I approached partisan he made it clear I couldn't be trusted anymore because of my conversations with abbas and carter. He will freely admit to this I presume and that along with the invite I received to leave because people in gov were just done arguing with me all the time is why I left.

Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, have to stay in an alliance and fight a war they disagree with and where they aren't trusted and actually invited to leave. Applying a deserter tag is just simply not accurate but if it makes you feel better to do so then go on, do whatever makes you happy.I am baffled as to why tS even defended Mensa in the first place when they were considering dropping mensa before the war and openly stated on the tS forums that it would be an option post war. I had lengthy conversations with both roy and partisan (multiple conversations actually with dear ol partisan) regarding this, they can feel free to admit to it or not. 

The really sad thing is you agreed somewhat with with my opposition and even messaged privately me on tS forums to thank me for my opposition to the reasoning for defending mensa. 

I have no drama with tS, I came in here to this topic to respond to pfeiff, if you wish to make this a tS thing vs charles go right on ahead. 

Edited by Charles the Tyrant
  • Upvote 1

Untitled.png

....I personally would find it distasteful to maintain a treaty with an alliance you do not trust simply because you think it affords you better political positioning...

...I am baffled as to why tS even defended Mensa in the first place when they were considering dropping mensa before the war and openly stated on the tS forums that it would be an option post war...

If Charles' claim holds true then that is a tad hypocritical, is it not?

[17:17:58] <&Ashland> I will give you hops if you say this phrase:

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Actually saddened that you don't know the true story or are choosing to deliberately misinterpret it.

I before the war, a few days before actually made it quite clear that I would not defend mensa, I stated pretty clearly I would defend tS and any of syndicate's other allies who were attacked and that I would be leaving post war. I freely admit to that. However due to talking to carter and abbas and being revealed logs which made it pretty clear what a sh*tstorm was going on behind the scenes ( I mean really, the log between carter and partisan where it becomes clear Mensa had outright lied or kept things from Syndicate gov was most revealing). When I approached partisan he made it clear I couldn't be trusted anymore because of my conversations with abbas and carter. He will freely admit to this I presume and that along with the invite I received to leave because people in gov were just done arguing with me all the time is why I left.

Why should I, or anyone else for that matter, have to stay in an alliance and fight a war they disagree with and where they aren't trusted and actually invited to leave. Applying a deserter tag is just simply not accurate but if it makes you feel better to do so then go on, do whatever makes you happy.I am baffled as to why tS even defended Mensa in the first place when they were considering dropping mensa before the war and openly stated on the tS forums that it would be an option post war. I had lengthy conversations with both roy and partisan (multiple conversations actually with dear ol partisan) regarding this, they can feel free to admit to it or not. 

The really sad thing is you agreed somewhat with with my opposition and even messaged privately me on tS forums to thank me for my opposition to the reasoning for defending mensa. 

I have no drama with tS, I came in here to this topic to respond to pfeiff, if you wish to make this a tS thing vs charles go right on ahead. 

Perhaps what happened between you and other gov is true, if you were invited to leave then that is all fair. I was not made aware and makes more sense, I apologize for labeling you a deserter, it was a knee jerk reaction out of frustration.

As for agreeing with you, I made that known to gov and was as vocal as I could be in my position to push for what I saw was the most sensible outcome (Rose and Mensa 1v1). Like you, I was shown logs, however, leading up to the war that allowed me to lose no sleep when it came to how the war actually happened. It was obvious that Rose wanted a war and they got it. Nothing more. Mensa has explained the Vanguard raids countless times, t$ has explained countless times the ways we tried to avoid a war, and I've heard nothing from the other side but weak justifications as to why it had to happen.

• Upvote 2

If Charles' claim holds true then that is a tad hypocritical, is it not?

Not necessarily, it would depend on the reasoning behind a potential drop. Like with all treaties there are a plethora of ways a relationship can sour or prosper. Not all are for the sake of political positioning.

Edit: Boony worded the mensa treaty stuffs better <3 Boony

Edited by Hodor

What are you talking about? We have the thread on forums. You were literally the only one talking about letting Mensa burn. The rest of us were either excited for war or were a bit pissed at Mensa for getting us in the war, but did not say anything about not defending them.

Now obviously, dropping Mensa is an option. If most of the members wanted to drop Mensa, I'm sure gov would do it. Gov laid down the option to appease the few members who were pissed.

Did we have a thread about Mensa after the war? Yeah. And in that thread, I don't think a single person said they wanted to drop Mensa. There were a few "make sure Mensa doesn't go crazy in the future". But besides that, lots of positive Mensa comments.

Oh and I saw the logs of when you were "invited" out. Yes when you become a passive aggressive &#33;@#&#036;, people will respond in kind. You are a deserter and a traitor. Congrats!

• Upvote 5
6XmKiC2.png

Not necessarily, it would depend on the reasoning behind a potential drop. Like with all treaties there are a plethora of ways a relationship can sour or prosper. Not all are for the sake of political positioning.

Keeping someone just to help you in a war isn't exactly something to advertise. 

[17:18:13] <&Ashland> "Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard."

[17:20:16] Man, I really wish Rose had allied BoC a couple months ago when we had the chance instead of picking Vanguard.

3fHp1YR.gif

Keeping someone just to help you in a war isn't exactly something to advertise. 

Don't recall saying that, actually had we wanted to we could have avoided the war altogether by dropping Mensa. Our friendship with Mensa is much more than our ability to win wars (though we do look !@#$in sexy as hell when doing so).

Likewise, you usually sign treaties to not lose wars. Friendship and security are the most motivating factors.

Edited by Hodor

Don't recall saying that, actually had we wanted to we could have avoided the war altogether by dropping Mensa. Our friendship with Mensa is much more than our ability to win wars (though we do look !@#$in sexy as hell when doing so).

Likewise, you usually sign treaties to not lose wars. Friendship and security are the most motivating factors.

Pfft if that were true no one would sign Rose

• Upvote 3

3fHp1YR.gif

Well not for the security, but I personally like more than a few of you as humans. Don't tell anyone.

tumblr_m1av7jpWoe1r6hxuw.gif

I will always remember that summer evening, the warm breeze on my face, the orange glow of the sunset from behind the scoreboard at the nationals stadium. I looked to my right and set my eyes upon two individuals, the far one - my aunt, Tim Armstrong, the remaining sunlight highlighting the blonde in her hair. The closer one was a human of beauty, I took a sip of the lemon ale he bestowed upon me and smirked. We made eye contact and he said one word to me, and it will always stick with me - "Hodor" he said. I shall never forget. 

Edited by Caillou
  • Upvote 4

3fHp1YR.gif

tumblr_m1av7jpWoe1r6hxuw.gif

I will always remember that summer evening, the warm breeze on my face, the orange glow of the sunset from behind the scoreboard at the nationals stadium. I looked to my right and set my eyes upon two individuals, the far one - my aunt, Tim Armstrong, the remaining sunlight highlighting the blonde in her hair. The closer one was a human of beauty, I took a sip of the lemon ale he bestowed upon me and smirked. We made eye contact and he said one word to me, and it will always stick with me - "Hodor" he said. I shall never forget. 

And then the butt stuff.

I like the part where Charles admitted to seeing logs from one side, that no way could be missing any information, and comes to a conclusion based on it.

By the way Charles, you were literally the only person in Syndicate who spoke ill of Mensa. When I was asked to come to Syndicate forums to talk and heard there was a few dissenting opinions, I was legit worried since I personally maintained strong ties with my Syndi-bros (And in Hodors case, Syndi-ho).

Joining Syndicate, and being in IRC, I investigated my personal curiosity into the matter.

Out of all members in Syndicate, -you- were the only dissenting voice. Then again that's not surprising considering you're listening to Carter and Abbas.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Out of all members in Syndicate, -you- were the only dissenting voice. Then again that's not surprising considering you're listening to Carter and Abbas.

I dissented a little bit. :P

However, I was pleased with Mensa's responsiveness when dealing with the issue though.

Honestly, Rose had every opportunity not to get themselves rolled by nine alliances but they must have been chomping at the bit.

I am glad I stuck around and saw everything through, and proud of the Syndicate for standing by Mensa even when it wasn't the easy thing to do.

Edited by Wilhelm the Demented

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Perhaps what happened between you and other gov is true, if you were invited to leave then that is all fair. I was not made aware and makes more sense, I apologize for labeling you a deserter, it was a knee jerk reaction out of frustration.

As for agreeing with you, I made that known to gov and was as vocal as I could be in my position to push for what I saw was the most sensible outcome (Rose and Mensa 1v1). Like you, I was shown logs, however, leading up to the war that allowed me to lose no sleep when it came to how the war actually happened. It was obvious that Rose wanted a war and they got it. Nothing more. Mensa has explained the Vanguard raids countless times, t$ has explained countless times the ways we tried to avoid a war, and I've heard nothing from the other side but weak justifications as to why it had to happen.

All good, no need to apologise. If I had been in your position and didn't know the full details of the matter then I would most likely have made the same assumption as you. I didn't come into this topic seeking drama with tS out of respect for  my former alliance which I helped to create so I am not going to indulge any need for drama.

What are you talking about? We have the thread on forums. You were literally the only one talking about letting Mensa burn. The rest of us were either excited for war or were a bit pissed at Mensa for getting us in the war, but did not say anything about not defending them.

Now obviously, dropping Mensa is an option. If most of the members wanted to drop Mensa, I'm sure gov would do it. Gov laid down the option to appease the few members who were pissed. 

Did we have a thread about Mensa after the war? Yeah. And in that thread, I don't think a single person said they wanted to drop Mensa. There were a few "make sure Mensa doesn't go crazy in the future". But besides that, lots of positive Mensa comments.

Oh and I saw the logs of when you were "invited" out. Yes when you become a passive aggressive !@#$, people will respond in kind. You are a deserter and a traitor. Congrats! 

Like I said to Hodor, I am not going to indulge this sort of "drama". Normally this is the part where I would respond and prove you wrong, particularly in regards to the part where you claim gov laid down the option to appease members who were pissed. Gov at no point whatsoever freely posted that on their own volition. The sole reason it was posted was because Roy had told me both tS gov and an alliance with a leader beginning with a V ( for the life of me I cannot remember who) had considered before the war even started to cancel with Mensa. I asked partisan and he confirmed. It was only after I posted such a revelation in the topic itself that partisan confirmed it publicly within the topic. I actually recall wil saying something publicly and I certainly recall a good 5 or 6 people on irc pissed off (these people can make themselves known if they decide to do so, their own choice) who like myself opposed defending mensa but were happy to defend our own alliance and our allies. So yeah, I will actually defend my old friends such as partisan, manthrax and so on with the notion that they would somehow create a lie to appease persons. I have known them far longer and know them far better than you to even consider that they would tell such an outright lie for the very notions of appeasement.

Like I said though, I am not going to indulge this need for drama out of respect for my former alliance. You are free to keep on labeling me as a deserter and traitor and you can even keep putting these ever so pesky sanctions on me. When you actually feel like nutting up and doing something more substantial other than flapping your toothless jaw, you know where to find me ;)

I like the part where Charles admitted to seeing logs from one side, that no way could be missing any information, and comes to a conclusion based on it.

By the way Charles, you were literally the only person in Syndicate who spoke ill of Mensa. When I was asked to come to Syndicate forums to talk and heard there was a few dissenting opinions, I was legit worried since I personally maintained strong ties with my Syndi-bros (And in Hodors case, Syndi-ho).

Joining Syndicate, and being in IRC, I investigated my personal curiosity into the matter.

Oh hey you, I had the pleasure of reading your application to tS. I was very interested in the part where you said one of the reasons for joining tS was to learn diplo from the best. Here is a free lesson.

Never claim logs are false, edited or fabricated without being able to prove as much. Also, you should really know I discussed the logs I saw with both partisan and roy and neither of them disagreed with what was in the logs so yeah.

43s8uYqY.jpg

Untitled.png

Don't feel like quoting

"When you actually feel like nutting up and doing something more substantial other than flapping your toothless jaw, you know where to find me ;)"

Uh, are you forgetting you ran away from the war?

Also you seem to be talking out your ass. I never said gov lied to the members. Dropping Mensa IS an option. Whether or not members were pissed, that would still be an option. The simple fact is that members were pissed and Partisan and Roy said that dropping Mensa would be an option post-war if members wanted it. They didn't. Pretty straightforward. Now i may have generalized by saying they said it only to appease some members, but it did play a part.

And for someone who doesn't want to get into drama, you sure brought a lot of it. Again good job.

Oh and you're still a war deserter and traitor. Have fun in Rose!

6XmKiC2.png

Cool story.  Feel free to provide those logs that you claim to exist.

did the snek permit you to produce this invitation? :o

3fHp1YR.gif

Cool story.  Feel free to provide those logs that you claim to exist.

Episode 7: The Padawan awakens. Feel free to ask partisan and roy if I am lying.

I have already stated I don't have the logs and even if I did, I wouldn't post them publicly. I go back half a decade with the core of tS, I am not going to take a dump on strained friendships to gain brownie points.

Don't feel like quoting

"When you actually feel like nutting up and doing something more substantial other than flapping your toothless jaw, you know where to find me ;)"
Uh, are you forgetting you ran away from the war?

Also you seem to be talking out your ass. I never said gov lied to the members. Dropping Mensa IS an option. Whether or not members were pissed, that would still be an option. The simple fact is that members were pissed and Partisan and Roy said that dropping Mensa would be an option post-war if members wanted it. They didn't. Pretty straightforward. Now i may have generalized by saying they said it only to appease some members, but it did play a part.

And for someone who doesn't want to get into drama, you sure brought a lot of it. Again good job. 

Oh and you're still a war deserter and traitor. Have fun in Rose! 

Who ran away? I was invited to leave because I pretty much didn't feel like fighting a war for mensa's bs and stupidity. Stfu or gtfo was the message I received if I remember correctly. 

I actually didn't bring any drama, I responded to Pfeiff (that same Pfeiff who members of your own gov detest and wish could be replaced by someone else in Mensa) and you responded. I actually did't even mention tS at all out of respect. If you want to stay in a rage and drown in salt because I disagreed with gov's actions and left when invited to do so then by all means go ahead. I am not going to take a dump on my former alliance just to get brownie points in a d*ckwaving match with you though. 

Untitled.png