$yndicate Press Release: Contract Termination

Prefonteen

Mensa has held onto 3 allies the entire time they've been around.  Always been up front with themselves and never delayed it's aid.  Unlike some alliances who "Hold on guys, we need to take a week to build up then we'll join you."

• Downvote 1

After days of 'bugging' (your words, not mine), Steve affirmed that Alpha 'might take a role in the war but that it would not affect the outcome of the war or t$ allies' (who also held a Mensa treaty). SK is a t$ ally. Arguably, SK being taken out by Alpha had a huge impact, as the loss of a mostly unengaged upper tier reserve meant added pressure to all other fronts. SK was also a party that, by Steve's own admission, *did* have business defending Mensa, considering their MDP.

For all intents and purposes it seemed one side won the war very quickly but that is neither here nor there as the true discussion is about who is in the right and who is in the wrong overall. 

While I'm not saddened to see the treaty disappear you aren't the victim you claim to be and what Alpha did was justified from a moral standpoint, you could have chose to recognize your faults and ultimately keep the treaty. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

>right and wrong

>moral standpoint

It's a game in which we wage wars. Get some !@#$ing perspective. This is why you're a joke, Clarke.

• Upvote 2

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

>right and wrong

>moral standpoint

It's a game in which we wage wars. Get some !@#$ perspective. This is why you're a joke, Clarke.

Then what are you guys complaining about? It's a game. 

But no this game isn't beyond morals, right and wrong is used for reasoning in a lot of wars. Just because you choose to be play the game a certain way doesn't mean you're beyond it as well because otherwise your members wouldn't be complaining when someone does something they see as wrong as it is simply a game. 

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

For all intents and purposes it seemed one side won the war very quickly but that is neither here nor there as the true discussion is about who is in the right and who is in the wrong overall.

While I'm not saddened to see the treaty disappear you aren't the victim you claim to be and what Alpha did was justified from a moral standpoint, you could have chose to recognize your faults and ultimately keep the treaty.

Can you please expand on this? I'm very curios. I've always been wary of the fact that I could be biased, but it seems we are in the right here.

Alpha lied to us. <- easily proven with logs

Alpha opted in to defend Rose even though their treaty didn't require it. <- Proven

Alpha continues to bullshit on this thread. <- Logs would show that they are in fact lying on this thread

Again, maybe I'm biased but it seems that we are in the right here.

6XmKiC2.png

Can you please expand on this? I'm very curios. I've always been wary of the fact that I could be biased, but it seems we are in the right here.

Alpha opted in to defend Rose even though their treaty didn't require it. <- Proven

Alpha continues to bullshit on this thread. <- Logs would show that they are in fact lying on this thread

I don't know enough to say you're wrong in all of them but you're wrong in almost everything that preceded the start of the war. It doesn't make you right overall after you already done so much wrong.  

I was alluding to the fact I never had a sister make an actual nation let alone inform one of my sisters about this game.

Edited by Clarke

IpHGyGc.png

I don't know enough to say you're wrong in all of them but you're wrong in almost everything that preceded the start of the war. It doesn't make you right overall after you already done so much wrong.

I was alluding to the fact I never had a sister make an actual nation let alone inform one of my sisters about this game.

It is indeed the lying which we take issue with. Alpha's stance on the war- while we disagreed with it- was not what led to this breakup. What did, is the lying to our face followed by a hit on our treaty partner. It is something we view as a betrayal and as unbecoming of a treaty partner. Therefore, the treaty was cancelled.

I would inquire though, what specifically do you believe tS to be wrong in in the lead up to this war? Is it our attempts at finding a diplomatic solution? Or do you classify us as wrong simply because we defended mensa?

Edited by Partisan
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

I would inquire though, what specifically do you believe tS to be wrong in in the lead up to this war? Is it our attempts at finding a diplomatic solution? Or do you classify us as wrong simply because we defended mensa?

Your diplomatic solution was basically everyone forgets about it and moves on. If you actually tried being reasonable I'm sure it could have being avoided. 

IpHGyGc.png

Your diplomatic solution was basically everyone forgets about it and moves on. If you actually tried being reasonable I'm sure it could have being avoided. 

Give an example of being reasonable?

• Downvote 1

Rose ain't got the bottle for a 1v1 it would seem after all. 170 odd days ago, I'm sure oblige offered us one (cba to look for the post, maybe one of you kind fellas will do it for me). Shame, would have been more entertaining then what actually transpired.

• Upvote 2

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

Then what are you guys complaining about? It's a game. 

But no this game isn't beyond morals, right and wrong is used for reasoning in a lot of wars. Just because you choose to be play the game a certain way doesn't mean you're beyond it as well because otherwise your members wouldn't be complaining when someone does something they see as wrong as it is simply a game. 

In that case, t$ was right to stand by their ally Mensa HQ when Rose declared war on Mensa and Alpha was wrong to turn on their ally t$ when they jumped into the war on the Rose-led side and days later attacked a fellow treaty partner of t$ after saying that they wouldn't. The most morally right thing to do in such a difficult position would have been to side with neither the The Syndicate nor Rose, thereby siding against neither ally which which you have a MnDoAP. Doing so might not have made a person feel important/relevant, it might not make that person happy or satisfied, but diplomatic compromises rarely do.

Given all of that, I don't see The Syndicate's loyalty as a "fault" about themselves they need to recognize to keep their treaty with Alpha.

(See, I can play the morality game, too, however pointless it may be in a game.)

However, it seems Partisan wasn't taking it from a particularly moral point of view and really just took issue with the lying and the continued bullshit. Obviously, default to what he said for the best explanation, but I just wanted to play the morality game with you for a second. :)

• Upvote 1

What was the time stamp on those logs, and what was the time stamp on the logs when STeve gave the official position?

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates