$yndicate Press Release: Contract Termination

Prefonteen

1) Intel clauses are a !@#$ to deal with if you're connected to two sphere leaders.

2) I have not referred to the vagueness SK's declaration of war at all. You're just trying to "spin" it so people will become anti Alpha after what they've done to the "alliance" you're currently in. But that's fine, we all live in our own world and are entitled to our opinion. 

3) Respect is a two way thing. You give respect, you get respect. tS/Alpha respecting each other's alliance is a completely different thing but the principle still stands. Chances are, if tS had laid everything down, James/Steve would have done everything they could to stop it, like they would have done if the situation was reversed. Now, don't take this as me blaming tS for SK being hit. I'm just a neutral bypasser. 

1) I always wonder why people always do these weak angles. It's very simple, if you apply a rule to one person, or alliance in this case, then you apply it to the other too. You attack tS on what you perceive to be foul play (which from what I know wasn't, but whatever), but excuse Alpha because uh... it's hard or something which seems to be Alpha's angle too. Too incompetent to communicate apparently.

2) Did I say you did? No. I said you were correct and Alpha should have been straight like you were there (in fact I said the very same thing of them alleviating pressure some days ago) instead of trying to spin it in such a horrible manner that they have greatly embarrassed themselves. I don't need to spin anything myself, Alpha already spun that sucker around as fast as they could.

As for your other comment I assume that is supposed to be some sort of insult considering the quotes but it really doesn't work with me, especially when it's wrapped in the usual "butthurt" nonsense. My quibbles with them are quite clearly noted down which is the hypocritical angles they've pushed that show them up for what they really are.

3) Partisan noted it down pretty well, it's known what game Alpha played there as tS was more than respectful on the matter as far as I know even in the face of questionable behaviour from Alpha. 

Edited by Rozalia
  • Upvote 2

I'm sure the Rose community is cool.  I like a lot of their members.  Their leadership on the other hand?  I just don't see how anybody supports it.  Militarily speaking, they've had the worst attacks than any alliance so far since the beginning of last year.  Worst than micro wars.  So again, I don't see why people continue to support them.  They had plenty of time to adapt since their blunder in attacking Syndicate in the Paragon War/Proxy War, but they managed to perform even worse!

Seriously, the military might of Rose is literally a joke at this point.  The bar was already set low from the Proxy War, but they somehow managed to drop it further.  People tied to them need to really consider their strategic value, unless they're strictly being used as meat shields for their allies?

As for Alpha, if it wasn't for Tenages taking the worst political move ever in the game ( The Great VE War ), I'd say the award would go to Placentica for this dumb stuff.  I've seen the conversations and it's literally a lesson of "What NOT to do when communicating".   Or a lack thereof.

The players of these alliances really need to consider their roles and whether it's worth the trouble and reputation of being aligned with them.

For example:  Let's look at Mensa HQ.  Everybody hates on Pfeiffer, but at least the alliance knows how to fight.  They arguably have had the best damage taken/done efficiency in every conflict since The Great VE War, and as a "low top/high middle tier alliance" - they can partner up with just about any alliance out there and fill a role for a war.  At least their value is their military prowess on the battle field.

Rose has what?  Meat shields.  That's all I can think of.

• Downvote 1

Meat shields and tax farms.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Rose leeches off of the vast majority of their membership to benefit those in the circle jerk of their inner tier. They are not an alliance, they are a lame social group who all happen to have accounts in this game.

• Upvote 2

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Rose leeches off of the vast majority of their membership to benefit those in the circle jerk of their inner tier. They are not an alliance, they are a lame social group who all happen to have accounts in this game.

This can't be said enough. 

I'm sure the Rose community is cool.  I like a lot of their members.  Their leadership on the other hand?  I just don't see how anybody supports it.  Militarily speaking, they've had the worst attacks than any alliance so far since the beginning of last year.  Worst than micro wars.  So again, I don't see why people continue to support them.  They had plenty of time to adapt since their blunder in attacking Syndicate in the Paragon War/Proxy War, but they managed to perform even worse!

Seriously, the military might of Rose is literally a joke at this point.  The bar was already set low from the Proxy War, but they somehow managed to drop it further.  People tied to them need to really consider their strategic value, unless they're strictly being used as meat shields for their allies? 

Let's just not forget that at least 9 alliances declared war on them, in the first day all 9 alliances were in war only with Rose, and had a chance to focus only on them, so yeah, 40k score drop in first day is due to that, once their allies came in, they stopped dropping that much.

Sure people declared on Mensa but it's not same when the alliance that declared war on you, declared war only on you or someone else as well

• Upvote 1

They chose the war, jaguar. We countered before they even finished their "blitz". They lost 40k score because we demolished their military overnight, the score drop tapered off because there was no further military to destroy.

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

They chose the war, jaguar. We countered before they even finished their "blitz". They lost 40k score because we demolished their military overnight, the score drop tapered off because there was no further military to destroy.

Yes, Rose choose the field, as they would say. Its obviously hard to get out of that once you are in, but they put themselves there.

Yeah I know, what I'm trying to point out is that you can't say whether or not their military power has improved since Proxy war based on this war. Even if it has, they didn't have chance to show it cause of literally being gangbanged

Yeah I know, what I'm trying to point out is that you can't say whether or not their military power has improved since Proxy war based on this war. Even if it has, they didn't have chance to show it cause of literally being gangbanged

They failed the blitz (again) which allowed for the others to quickly gangbang em and put em out the fight.  It's pretty obvious that Rose have not improved or learnt anything.

• Upvote 1

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

The only thing Rose learned from the Proxy War was to open battles.  That's it.  I don't think more than 5 even used their AP after their attacks, or attempted to, to gain the initiative advantage .  Even without Syndicate and Friends jumping in on Rose, Mensa was already countering.  Rose was screwed.  No other way about it.  The dogpile on Rose pretty much knocked them out of the fight in less than 10mins.  They didn't last any longer beyond that.  Rose pretty much set the record on being the fastest alliance knocked out of a war.  Even BoC, Cornerstone, and SI lasted longer than them ( In reference to Mensa knocking each of those alliances out in previous wars )

To put this into perspective:  Syndi-sphere is far ahead, both politically and militarily, than Paracovenant.  When Rose got dogpiled on, the only nations untouched were the super high tier ones, because very few, if any, were in range of them.  When Mensa got dogpiled on, 66 slots were still open.  Two people before me mentioned about it publicly during the war.  Nothing was done about it until it was way too late.

66 out of 162 at that time.  OVER A THIRD OF MENSA'S DEFENSIVE SLOTS were untouched after the declarations, and there was like 7 alliances declared on Mensa.

That's embarrassing.  Somebody dropped the ball on that side.  Or hell, a couple of alliances did.

I mean, VE and UPN did ok.  They didn't do as well as they did in the previous wars, but they were still taking awhile to drop.  By far Rose did the worst.

Then you have Alpha - who attacked two alliances that were pretty much already knocked out of the war.  Roz Wei?  At the time of Alpha's declaration, they didn't have anything.  SK?  Only a couple of members were doing well at the declaration.

The only thing Alpha did was perform probably the second biggest political blunder in this game's history ( First going to Tenages with The Great VE War, but I love him ).  They risked their alliance with Syndicate just to be opportunistic on two alliances that could not fight back on Alpha because they were mostly already knocked out of the war.  If Alpha had not joined the war, both Roz Wei and SK would still have struggled, and they would've maintained an alliance with arguably one of the strongest alliances in the game.  If Alpha had kept their attacks on Roz Wei alone, they still would've been tied to Syndicate - although relations would most likely still be strained, I don't think Syndicate would've cut the alliance ties.

That means Alpha could've better planned ahead of another time to manipulate their alliance tie with Syndicate for a buffer zone in a future conflict, or they could've been best buddies and maintained a guaranteed solid position.  Either or!  Both would've benefited Alpha tremendously! This is why I think Rozalia keeps talking about Alpha being Rose's lapdog.  There was literally no reason to risk that alliance tie advantage they had with Syndicate.  Especially that late in the war when the majority of forces on Rose's side was already knocked out.

Instead of being the leader of a new or already developed sphere, their leadership decision making literally made them the !@#$ of a sphere.

The only alliances worth a damn from that war on that side was Cornerstone, VE, NAC, and UPN.  They all did relatively well given the circumstances.  I'd say Cornerstone did pretty well in comparison to the last war they were in.  They were a joke then, but they obviously learned something from that ass kicking and put up a much better fight.  Unlike Rose, who their leaders didn't learn anything.

Damn I can keep ranting.  I'll stop here.

TL;DR - Rose and Alpha are terrible and you should be ashamed for supporting their leaders.  TLF still sucks too.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

TL;DR - Rose and Alpha are terrible and you should be ashamed for supporting their leaders.  TLF still sucks too.

Nah, I'm not supporting anyone, just being reasonable.

I'm not running from a fact that you fight good, you do, and so does tS, you've got the required activity and dedication from membership to provide good coordination which is awesome

The only thing Alpha did was perform probably the second biggest political blunder in this game's history ( First going to Tenages with The Great VE War, but I love him ).  They risked their alliance with Syndicate just to be opportunistic on two alliances that could not fight back on Alpha because they were mostly already knocked out of the war.  If Alpha had not joined the war, both Roz Wei and SK would still have struggled, and they would've maintained an alliance with arguably one of the strongest alliances in the game.  If Alpha had kept their attacks on Roz Wei alone, they still would've been tied to Syndicate - although relations would most likely still be strained, I don't think Syndicate would've cut the alliance ties.

That means Alpha could've better planned ahead of another time to manipulate their alliance tie with Syndicate for a buffer zone in a future conflict, or they could've been best buddies and maintained a guaranteed solid position.  Either or!  Both would've benefited Alpha tremendously! This is why I think Rozalia keeps talking about Alpha being Rose's lapdog.  There was literally no reason to risk that alliance tie advantage they had with Syndicate.  Especially that late in the war when the majority of forces on Rose's side was already knocked out.

This is spot on, Steve had a very interesting hand to play but played it for very little net benefit. 

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

Rose did the worst against being attacked by 9 alliances

>Am shocked

>Much wow

Rose had enough opportunity to shut down Mensa, or force Mensa to rebuild back over the next few days.  Rose failed.  Well, not just Rose, but every other alliance that declared on Mensa too.

When you compare the alliances declared on Rose and Mensa, Rose's side had more members per alliance than Mensa's side.  So Mensa had 6 or 7 declared on them ( while still fighting PP/Arrgh/Vanguard, mind you ) and Rose had 8 or 9 declared on them.  But those alliances declared on Mensa were much larger than those who declared on Rose, numerically speaking.

Quality speaking though...  that's a entirely different perspective.

Edited by Buorhann
  • Downvote 1

Bullshit. Pure, unadulterated bullshit. Our mid teir, at the expense of the upper, is getting free rebuild aid right now. On top of that, some of those government members your baselessly !@#$ing about actually donated money to get the middle and lower tiers rebuilt.

Rose has a lot of flaws, but lets constrain ourselves to reality shall we.

• Upvote 3

Bullshit. Pure, unadulterated bullshit. Our mid teir, at the expense of the upper, is getting free rebuild aid right now. On top of that, some of those government members your baselessly !@#$ about actually donated money to get the middle and lower tiers rebuilt.

Pfeiffer and reality lmao

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Oh boy. We talked about this before Pfeiffer. You're confusing yourself and other people again.

• Upvote 2

Bullshit. Pure, unadulterated bullshit. Our mid teir, at the expense of the upper, is getting free rebuild aid right now. On top of that, some of those government members your baselessly !@#$ about actually donated money to get the middle and lower tiers rebuilt.

Where do you think those rebuild funds are coming from?  The initial taxing.

If it wasn't for the poor planning, I doubt many ( If any ) would have to donate money to rebuild nations.  Granted that is a very admirable thing to do.

I've mentioned it before, I'm not bashing Rose's community itself or the members.  I love some of the guys in Rose as well in other opposing alliances.

Off computer, I study leadership a lot.  I've taken several courses on it.  I go to conferences a lot of the time.  I read up on it and everything.  A person's ability to lead and be charismatic is very intriguing to me because it helps paint a better picture for me to judge their character as to who they are.  So when it comes to gaming, like here, I tend to look at the strategies given.

However, this is the internet, so I don't know the people off line.  I can only stick my judgement on their strategies and strictly on that.  So the strategy employed by the FA and War Minister/Military - that seriously needs to be re-looked at.  It's one thing to set the expectations low, but it's even worse to set it lower than it was previously at!

If you were to ask me who performed the biggest blunder this past war - Rose or Alpha ( Or TLF, cause I like hating on them now ).  I'd say Alpha.  Rose at least had a goal and some kind of plan ( Although telling people to use Ships a lot is... well questionable ).  Alpha, on the other hand, had no reason to risk their ties to Syndicate.  None.  Not a single one.  They lost a huge advantage over a dumb decision.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Biggest mistake of the war was ts dropping alpha and then disparaging them. Instead of a so-so ally(according to ts) you now have an enemy. Ts dropping alpha gets them no political advantage other than regaining their loss honor or whatever. Woo hoo so great.

2nd biggest mistake is ts-Mensa agreeing to white peace instead of paying reps. This one is more tricky to understand so I'll try to clarify. Paying reps usually means you lost the war. White peace means you tied. Obviously Mensa ts didn't lose the war but if they pretend to think they loss then the upn-ve-rose coalition would break up. These three are only united cause they think Mensa sucks and ts sucks Mensa. Mensa ts pretends to show remorse or good will then anti Mensa coalition disappears and everyone's happy. Instead everyone is now waiting to roll ts Mensa next war.

Tldr Mensa ts are butt hurt, don't know how to make friends, and are antagonizing others to form a coalition against them.

2nd biggest mistake is ts-Mensa agreeing to white peace instead of paying reps. This one is more tricky to understand so I'll try to clarify. Paying reps usually means you lost the war. White peace means you tied. Obviously Mensa ts didn't lose the war but if they pretend to think they loss then the upn-ve-rose coalition would break up. These three are only united cause they think Mensa sucks and ts sucks Mensa. Mensa ts pretends to show remorse or good will then anti Mensa coalition disappears and everyone's happy. Instead everyone is now waiting to roll ts Mensa next war.

ITT Alpha member confirms Paragon will come after the Covenant :popcorn:

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

You're paying for their rebuild because your upper tier barely took any damage at all, due to the fact that several were out of range of many counters and most could cherry pick their wars. It's the same thing VE did in the last war. This time we had more bodies to punch up so people like SRD didn't get to avoid taking their licks.

iMZejv3.gif

• Wiki Mod

Uh, yeah, we're quite aware of that, having been on the defensive our fair share of times. That doesn't rebut a single thing Partisan said in his post. 

I give your post an F. Please make a cogent argument supported by fact or reasonable logic, and re-submit for partial credit.

Why was my nation mentioned?

Rose did the worst against being attacked by 9 alliances

>Am shocked

>Much wow

You could have at least taken out mensa or after failing at that not kept filling our defensive slots with people who had zero chance of winning.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid