$yndicate Press Release: Contract Termination

Prefonteen

Lol, it's because you keep your nations in mid tier and don't grow.You up-declare while they can't declare on you, so yeah, don't put yourself too high

We try to grow, but we're always at war. You can't even fight one properly bby.

Lxr4VfE.png

• Wiki Mod

Lol, it's because you keep your nations in mid tier and don't grow.You up-declare while they can't declare on you, so yeah, don't put yourself too high

You mean we coordinated our growth so we can do well at war.

• Upvote 4

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Am I mistaken or didn't SK declare war on everyone on our side of the wall?  Alpha recognized that declaration and hit them.  If you are going to complain about the treaty game shouldn't you be upset with SK for declaring war on all of your allies on the other side of the war, not for Alpha for responding to it?

• Upvote 1

Roy, obviously the cool thing to do is side with Rose.  Who has now blundered 2 initiatives in a war.  Who really wants to out right admit they will side with Rose after that?

• Downvote 1

To be fair, your side in that war had already proven that they cant actually be controlled, aka what kicked off the war in the first place with Mensa's members going after Vanguard.  So why should we believe that SK wouldn't eventually declare on whoever they wanted, since they declared on everyone? 

I get that its fun the gang up on a guy and do some character assassination, but Alpha members have been nothing but gracious in this thread, and have only been met with harsh comments and scorn.  Don't let me get in the way of your PR spin.

Alpha did a great job this war, and did everything you would want an alliance to do when trying to win a war.  I have a feeling that is where a lot of this is coming from, because they did a great job shutting down a lot of people and took very little damage in return, so lets go after them politically instead.

To be fair, your side in that war had already proven that they cant actually be controlled, aka what kicked off the war in the first place with Mensa's members going after Vanguard.  So why should we believe that SK wouldn't eventually declare on whoever they wanted, since they declared on everyone? 

I get that its fun the gang up on a guy and do some character assassination, but Alpha members have been nothing but gracious in this thread, and have only been met with harsh comments and scorn.  Don't let me get in the way of your PR spin.

Alpha did a great job this war, and did everything you would want an alliance to do when trying to win a war.  I have a feeling that is where a lot of this is coming from, because they did a great job shutting down a lot of people and took very little damage in return, so lets go after them politically instead.

That in itself is a problem. Their full commitment to Rose's side and 'shutting people down' entirely contradicts the rhetoric we continuously met in backchannels in private conversations. Alpha did not take much damage because they were not countered. They were, in part, not countered specifically out of respect for Alpha-t$ relations, and for the understanding we held with them that their involvement would remain marginal (allowing them to honor their treaty with Rose without overtly picking one ally over the other. Something which they were adamant about not doing). Now, that word was broken based on a technicality. 

We are not disputing Alpha's effort this war, or its military abilities. We, The $yndicate, do however have every right to be upset with the trust that was broken between us and Alpha. Ergo, the treaty is gone. And yes, we are upset- publically so. The first Alpha comments in this thread constituted: 'We are sorry that treaty commitments pushed us to opposite sides :)))))'. That's PR spin- it deliberately omits the specifics of the situation in order to pain a picture where it seems as if the syndicate is butthurt over them honoring what they believe to be treaty commitments. It also gives the grand illusion of the split-up being an amiable one.

That quite simply is not the case, and therefore was disputed.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

Well I can agree with you there at least, as far as the great job thing anyway. My angle with Rose minions like them has always been that they use their conflicting treaties such as the one with tS as a shield, something to take heat off themselves and if it comes to it they'll side with Rose. Some because they're friends with Rose higher ups and put Rose above their own alliance, others like dear Alpha because they apparently cry into their pillows at the mere thought of Mensa coming for them in the night. 

It's why I've always been so hostile to things like those ridiculous triple protectorates which may then get upgraded into "stronger" treaties. Someone will be getting betrayed and when Rose lackeys are running the show I'd think the end result is obvious.

I get that its fun the gang up on a guy and do some character assassination, but Alpha members have been nothing but gracious in this thread, and have only been met with harsh comments and scorn.

I think a fairly casual review of Placentica's posts on this forum would show him as anything but gracious towards us, but rather a mixture of avoidant and sarcastic (his posts on this thread were quite sarcastic, for the reasons others have stated). Although perhaps it is easier to see for me, because it's the same general tone he's taken on our forums and in private conversations. :P

Edited by Manthrax
  • Upvote 1

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

I wouldn't try to explain it to SRD. His job is to make Alpha look good since they have a new relationship.

This is probably unfair. SRD will trash talk anyone. :P  I assume he's just not particularly familiar with the history and is drawing his conclusions without a hint of subtext.

Slaughter the shits of the world. They poison the air you breathe.

~ William S. Burroughs

ITT: SRD tries to out-shitpost captain vietnam.

He is trying to spin what has turned out to be an absolute FP and RP disaster for Alpha.

He doesn't have much to work with so it was a good attempt at spin given the circumstances.

It remains honorable that SRD continues to try to support his allies, new and old, that are flubbing up military and diplomatic matters. I would recommend to him that he and VE seek a new path though or he will continue to have these challenges.

-signature removed for rules violation-

Arguing in this thread:

Side A: POINT A!!

Side B: Okay, rebuttal A

Side A: BUT BUT BUT POINT A!!!!

Sid B: sigh, rebuttal B plus C for shits and giggles

Side A: BUT! NO! POINT A FOR SRSNESS!!!

I understand that there are two sides to this but if you're gonna grave dig can you at least bring a point to the table that has not already been addressed by t$? Like at least come up with a rebuttal to our rebuttal, that is how constructive debate happens.

• Upvote 2

Arguing in this thread:

Side A: POINT A!!

Side B: Okay, rebuttal A

Side A: BUT BUT BUT POINT A!!!!

Sid B: sigh, rebuttal B plus C for shits and giggles

Side A: BUT! NO! POINT A FOR SRSNESS!!!

I understand that there are two sides to this but if you're gonna grave dig can you at least bring a point to the table that has not already been addressed by t$? Like at least come up with a rebuttal to our rebuttal, that is how constructive debate happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y

"Most successful new AA" - Samuel Bates

It's kind of a shame Steve has only posted twice (or maybe three times) in this thread and not since page 4. Instead is leaving people who seemingly don't have the whole story to speak in his stead.

Don't worry, SRD got it covered for him.

• Downvote 1

Well, this thread isn't about a debate right? This is about tS terminating the contract. The reason why tS terminated the contract doesn't really matter at this point, it's not like tS or Alpha are going to pursue any treaties with each other anytime soon. Maybe the reason why Steve hasn't posted since page 4 is because your 8 pages of butthurt is really irrelevant right now. 

• Upvote 3

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Well, this thread isn't about a debate right? This is about tS terminating the contract. The reason why tS terminated the contract doesn't really matter at this point, it's not like tS or Alpha are going to pursue any treaties with each other anytime soon. Maybe the reason why Steve hasn't posted since page 4 is because your 8 pages of butthurt is really irrelevant right now. 

Kinda true.