$yndicate Press Release: Contract Termination

Prefonteen

Maybe the reason why Steve hasn't posted since page 4 is because your 8 pages of butthurt is really irrelevant right now. 

I see Alpha's recruitment is hard at work.  Wouldn't have taken you for someone to join an alliance where their word now means shit.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I see Alpha's recruitment is hard at work.  Wouldn't have taken you for someone to join an alliance where their word now means shit.

I'm flattered that you have (perhaps "had" now) such high esteem for me. But I'm a political realist. 

It's a useful mental exercise. Through the years, many thinkers have been fascinated by it. But I don't enjoy playing. It was a game that was born during a brutal age when life counted for little. Everyone believed that some people were worth more than others. Kings. Pawns. I don't think that anyone is worth more than anyone else. Chess is just a game. Real people are not pieces. You can't assign more value to some of them and not others. Not to me. Not to anyone. People are not a thing that you can sacrifice. The lesson is, if anyone who looks on to the world as if it was a game of chess, deserves to lose.

Butthurt? Lel, no, just disappointed, but also happy, because we like to know whose allies are really your friends and who is just pretending.

I'm butthurt you don't speak to me anymore that much D:

PoJQyFJ.gif

Steve's official position was given during a query between him and I following your decision to hit Roz Wei. This position was on the same night confirmed during a continuation of that conversation in which you, Roy, Steve and I were all present.

I explicitly asked whether Alpha would stick with just Roz Wei. Steve confirmed.

The timestamp of those logs were: Feb 5th.

You have between Feb 5th and your attack on SK on Feb 9th, at no point mentioned your intent to expand your involvement and hit SK, nor have you approached t$ for clarification on SK's stance. At the time we had already placed a white peace offer (coalitionwide) on the table for Rose. Something you were aware of since 1 day after the war started. Furthermore, Steve declared on SK while you and I were in a query, and while I had tried to contact him (he ignored my query until after his declaration).

There has been no attempt at reconciliation and talks in private channels have shown us that you have no remorse for your actions. Instead you have continuously attempted to justify your actions by trying to spin the events that transpired during the war into a crooked version that fits your narrative. Now you have reverted to a weak attempt at spinning this cancellation as the unfortunate result of a war developing outside of either our control, pushing us to opposite sides.

I understand that it is prudent for you to spin in order to mitigate PR damage, but it is too transparent. The truth is that you knew well what you were doing, and that you deliberately failed to inform t$ about your intended strike on SK. A strike which broke your word to t$ in the process, during a war that was arguably none of your business anyway. Your involvement in the war was unfortunate but something we could talk out. The bullshit surrounding it is not. Not as long as you spit in our face with twisted facts, crooked logic and outright lies.

You do realise that discussing war counters can happen in less than four days, right?

Edited by Isolatar

Butthurt? Lel, no, just disappointed, but also happy, because we like to know whose allies are  really your friends and who is just pretending. 

A lot of tS' posts in this thread would disagree with your assumption that you're just "disappointed".

You do realise that discussing war counters can happen in less than four days, right?

Uh, yeah, we're quite aware of that, having been on the defensive our fair share of times. That doesn't rebut a single thing Partisan said in his post. 

I give your post an F. Please make a cogent argument supported by fact or reasonable logic, and re-submit for partial credit.

• Upvote 1

As Partisan said, Steve told Partisan that he would only hit Roz Wei on the 5th. Over the next couple days, the coalition needed Alpha to hit SK to help alleviate pressure off of Rose. They could have told you they were going to hit SK but what's the point? So you could tell Tenages that Alpha were going to hit them on the Xth so they can get prepared? Let's not act as if tS wouldn't have done the same in Alpha's situation. Furthermore, an intel clause is a two way thing. You guys could have told Steve that your whole sphere was going to come crashing down on Rose, meaning Alpha would be in some sort of danger. Hypocritical much?

As Partisan said, Steve told Partisan that he would only hit Roz Wei on the 5th. Over the next couple days, the coalition needed Alpha to hit SK to help alleviate pressure off of Rose. They could have told you they were going to hit SK but what's the point? So you could tell Tenages that Alpha were going to hit them on the Xth so they can get prepared? Let's not act as if tS wouldn't have done the same in Alpha's situation. Furthermore, an intel clause is a two way thing. You guys could have told Steve that your whole sphere was going to come crashing down on Rose, meaning Alpha would be in some sort of danger. Hypocritical much?

So you're saying that Alpha was in Rose's coalition the entire time? Alpha explicitly told me during that period that they were not in the coalition, nor in any coalition channels...

EDIT: Didn't you quit? Why are you still on trying to do Alpha's PR for them? :P

Edited by Partisan
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

os9LcJK.gif

They could have told you they were going to hit SK but what's the point? ... Let's not act as if tS wouldn't have done the same in Alpha's situation.

A) We were allies. That's the point.

B) We wouldn't have.

I can't comment on the rest of your post as I don't know.

6XmKiC2.png

So you're saying that Alpha was in Rose's coalition the entire time? Alpha explicitly told me during that period that they were not in the coalition, nor in any coalition channels...

EDIT: Didn't you quit? Why are you still on trying to do Alpha's PR for them? :P

Blame the dicks on IRC :P

Alpha could have been in no one's coalition. But the intel clause still stands. They could have told you about them hitting SK and you could have told them about everyone hitting Rose.

Blame the dicks on IRC :P

Alpha could have been in no one's coalition. But the intel clause still stands. They could have told you about them hitting SK and you could have told them about everyone hitting Rose.

That is the same intel clause Alpha's second in command referred to as an annoyance. 

Yup that was why it happened. As ever however they couldn't resist adding unneeded spin in the "SK declared war on everybody!" nonsense thereby embarrassing themselves (further).

So tS should have laid everything out to Alpha in full detail, but it was completely pointless (thereby fine) for Alpha to tell tS anything? Alright, sounds balanced. 

That is the same intel clause Alpha's second in command referred to as an annoyance. 

Yup that was why it happened. As ever however they couldn't resist adding unneeded spin in the "SK declared war on everybody!" nonsense thereby embarrassing themselves (further).

So tS should have laid everything out to Alpha in full detail, but it was completely pointless (thereby fine) for Alpha to tell tS anything? Alright, sounds balanced. 

1) Intel clauses are a !@#$ to deal with if you're connected to two sphere leaders.

2) I have not referred to the vagueness SK's declaration of war at all. You're just trying to "spin" it so people will become anti Alpha after what they've done to the "alliance" you're currently in. But that's fine, we all live in our own world and are entitled to our opinion. 

3) Respect is a two way thing. You give respect, you get respect. tS/Alpha respecting each other's alliance is a completely different thing but the principle still stands. Chances are, if tS had laid everything down, James/Steve would have done everything they could to stop it, like they would have done if the situation was reversed. Now, don't take this as me blaming tS for SK being hit. I'm just a neutral bypasser. 

They are running out of  PR peoples to spin this around, but keep trying guys!

I'm not a PR guy, I'm Iso ;)

I mean, if that were the concern, they could have just said something vague, like "our role in Rose's coalition needs to expand". Alternatively, they could have told us shortly before the hit (as Partisan has already alluded to, he was literally in query with James at the time of declaration, and had been ignored by Steve until after the declaration). A 5-minute heads up would have done precisely nothing to help SK's response time, but would certainly have helped alleviate the lack of communication we've cited here.

As far as the whole sphere crashing down on Rose, it was made very clear to both Rose and Alpha that Mensa's allies intended to defend if Rose took the offensive. While there were two oAs, they weren't in Alpha's range, and we took every particular pain to keep the scope of the conflict narrow. No pre-empts, etc etc. The bulk of the devastation that was visited upon Rose came from Mensa's direct treaty partners (by virtue of sheer numbers, if nothing else).

We both know the guys over in Alpha are pretty loyal. They even oA'd in the TC-tS war to help your upper tier. They've proven that they will defend their allies. Now, I have no idea if any alliance declared war on you but I'm pretty sure they will always defend their allies, no matter who that alliance is allied to.

Edited by Isolatar