God Emperor Dio Brando is bored

Longbowe

We aren't "hypocritical."

We never said it was morally wrong to raid. We said that if you raid, there may be consequences. Aargh raided, they got consequences.

We raided you and now, as a consequence, you're looking at hitting us back. We're not complaining, therefore we're not hypocritical.

Seriously, is the entire member base of this game 14-17 year olds who aren't smart enough to make it into their high school AP classes?

I was actually working off these definitions:

hypocrisy

[hi-pok-ruh-see]

noun, plural hypocrisies.

a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.

a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

The whole pretending you are more virtuous then arrgh in some way

We aren't implying that either.  Aargh did something that we didn't like so we used our military to show them that they shouldn't mess with us or our friends.  Pretty simple, really.

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

We didn't post a war declaration because we weren't declaring war on you. It wasn't vetted by our leadership or anything. A handful of our members decided to raid your alliance since you had no allies other than Arrgh, and keep a !@#$ton of money in your alliance bank.

Not really sure what realm you're from, but when a handful of people from one alliance attack another, that's an act of war. That's not raiding. That's war. You can attempt to sugarcoat it all you want and pretend to be the good guy, but you're not. That's war. 

We aren't implying that either.  Aargh did something that we didn't like so we used our military to show them that they shouldn't mess with us or our friends.  Pretty simple, really.

You didn't like that Aargh raided you, so you hit them back. 

But you're doing the exact same thing to Vanguard. 

It doesn't matter what you're implying. It doesn't matter how you try to twist it - you're doing the same thing to Vanguard that Aargh did to you. You just didn't like it when you were the victim. 

Oh, but right.

IF IT WERE WAR THEY'D HAVE NO INFRA XDDDDDDDDDD

• Upvote 1

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

We have raiding rules.  Vanguard didn't qualify for them -- normally they would have because of Aargh protecting them, but given that we were actively at war with Aargh, raiding Vanguard became okay.  So we did.  Because raiding is fun, makes us money, and such.

And yes, we didn't like that Aargh raided us and our friends, so we hit them.

Vanguard presumably doesn't like us raiding them, so they will hit us.  We are all fine with that.  You won't find a MENSA member complaining about it.  

I'm really not sure what is so confusing about this entire thought process.

And we aren't trying to imply we're "good guys."  We raided Vanguard and I would fully expect that they don't like that.  We just don't care that they don't like it.  

☾☆

And Dio said unto him, "I trust you.  Share my word."

Not really sure what realm you're from, but when a handful of people from one alliance attack another, that's an act of war. That's not raiding. That's war. You can attempt to sugarcoat it all you want and pretend to be the good guy, but you're not. That's war. 

It doesn't matter what you're implying. It doesn't matter how you try to twist it - you're doing the same thing to Vanguard that Aargh did to you. You just didn't like it when you were the victim. 

Oh, but right.

If you are generally confused, when we are at war we kill infra.

IMHO: They are absolutely in their rights to DoW.  Actually, they do not require previous actions to DoW - any time is fine.

-signature removed for rules violation-

If you are generally confused, when we are at war we kill infra.

IMHO: They are absolutely in their rights to DoW.  Actually, they do not require previous actions to DoW - any time is fine.

It's still an act of war. 

VoC tried to do the same thing in Beta. They just went and bit off more than they could chew. 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

VoC tried to do the same thing in Beta. They just went and bit off more than they could chew. 

Not really, WWA was well in PPC+VoC's favor.

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

It's still an act of war. 

"Act of war", sure.  But so is shitposting, annoying someone, existing as a nation on a day that ends in "y", etc.

Like I said, they are well within their rights to DoW.

Just my personal opinion on the matter.

Oh, but right.

Not sure what part of this is so confusing or complicated for you. Yes, we don't like when people raid us - so we retaliate. It doesn't mean we think raiding should be banned. No one is complaining, that I can see, that Vanguard retaliated over our raiding. The part that is kind of silly is deciding for us that we declared war on them, which we didn't. An alliance war is a particular thing done in a particular way, and what our guys were doing was not that. 

The wall of text is larger than the wall Trump wants built >.>.

WALLS OF TEXT 2016

• Upvote 1

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Not sure what part of this is so confusing or complicated for you. Yes, we don't like when people raid us - so we retaliate. It doesn't mean we think raiding should be banned. No one is complaining, that I can see, that Vanguard retaliated over our raiding. The part that is kind of silly is deciding for us that we declared war on them, which we didn't. An alliance war is a particular thing done in a particular way, and what our guys were doing was not that. 

We can show the difference to them again I suppose.

War = Burn your infrastructure to the ground.

Raid = Take all your lootz

I don't see how this is confusing.

Both raiding and war require u to click on the DECLARE WAR button, so it is the same thing. Look at that Mesa HQ is not so smart.

Protector of Low tier nations, from Empire of Spades.