2015 Politics & War Awards - Nominations OPEN

I edited my post explaining my thoughts. It was a typo and editing issue.

It's cool, I laughed.

Now I'm disappointed I can't win worst alliance leader. That would've been hilarious.

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

I think you have actually been paying attention to Odd Squad in some ways better than others. This is 100% true.

Don't take it to your head tho, I'm mostly talking about what your alliance members and other leader have been doing.

• Upvote 1

It's my birthday today, and I'm 33!

That means only one thing...BRING IT IN, GUYS!

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

The fact that I have multiple nominations as the nicest player disturbs me. Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Whatever happened to my carefully cultivated reputation as a curmudgeonly, constantly irritated son-of-a-&#33;@#&#036;?  :wub:

Also Jesus Cynic, have a few more categories next time, why don't you. I'll fill this out when I have a few free hours.

• Upvote 4
wF9Bjre.gif

The fact that I have multiple nominations as the nicest player disturbs me. Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Whatever happened to my carefully cultivated reputation as a curmudgeonly, constantly irritated son-of-a-!@#$? :wub:

Also Jesus Cynic, have a few more categories next time, why don't you. I'll fill this out when I have a few free hours.

You shut your whore mouth, Tenny. I do what I want.

I just want to win the peen category.

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

This was pointed out on the Mensa boards.  This is 2015 and yet nobody has nominated Mensa HQ as Best Rookie Alliance, which...  well, we started in 2015.  Then again, it could be other factors playing into this.

Just a interesting perspective.  Exactly how are we looking at these nominations?  For the entirety of 2015 or just most recent events?

• Downvote 1

ALLIANCE CATEGORIES

Alliance of the Year: The Syndicate
Most Powerful Alliance: Rose
Best Military: 
Best Rookie Alliance: Roz Wei
Best Flag: The Coalition
Best War Flag: BoC
Most Active Alliance: Mensa HQ
Most Honorable Alliance: Arrgh
Most Improved Alliance: Arrgh
Best Diplomatic Team: The Syndicate
Best Economic System: Rose
Best Recruiting Staff: Roz Wei
Best Propaganda Staff: Black Knights
Best Alliance GrowthParthenon
Best Forums: Black Knights
Alliance Most Likely to Succeed in 2016: Ole's one or ours
Most Immoral Alliance: Arrgh
Most Controversial Alliance: UPN

PLAYER CATEGORIES

Player of the Year
Most Powerful Player: Pubstomper
Best Alliance Leader: 
Most Controversial Player: Cynic
Best Player Sig: Mine
Best Player Avatar: Mine
Best OOC Poster: 
Best IC Poster: Rozalia or the penguin guy
Nicest Player: Kurdanak
Funniest Player: Lord Strum
Most Active Player: Me
Player Most Likely to Achieve Greatness in 2016: 
Best New Addition to the Community: 

COMMUNITY CATEGORIES

Best Wall of Text: (provide a link)
Best P&W Forum Topic: (provide a link)
Biggest Controversy: DEIC's bank go missing
Funniest Event: 
Most Entertaining IRC Channel: #GE
Best Treaty Announcement: (provide a link)
Best Declaration of War: (provide a link)
Largest E-Peen
Best Villain: Pfeiffer
Most Hated Poster: CTemples
Most Missed Player (Player that has gone inactive/quit): Ashland

WORST CATEGORIES

Worst Alliance of the Year: Odd Squad
Worst Military of the Year: 
Worst Diplomatic Move: 
Most Inactive Large Alliance: UPN
Alliance Most Likely to Fail in 2016: DEIC
Worst Player of the Year: Ansom
Worst Alliance Leader of the Year: Ansom
Worst Treaty of the Year: (provide a link)
Worst Forum Poster: CTemples

• Upvote 2

This was pointed out on the Mensa boards.  This is 2015 and yet nobody has nominated Mensa HQ as Best Rookie Alliance, which...  well, we started in 2015.  Then again, it could be other factors playing into this.

Just a interesting perspective.  Exactly how are we looking at these nominations?  For the entirety of 2015 or just most recent events?

It's meant for the entirety of 2015, but recent events are always going to outweigh events from the beginning of the year in people's mind. For example, if you think of Rose, you probably think mostly of Pubstomper and the Proxy War instead of considering Rose when I was Emperor during the CU fiasco, and when Rose was under Keegoz. An alliance develops a ton in a complete year, so it gets complicated and we get stuff like "Guardian under Pre". :v

That's also why people think Roz Wei for Best Rookie Alliance before Mensa, I'd say.

Personally, I think people should try to explain each of their nominations, when possible.

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 5
xzhPlEh.png?1

I don't see Mensa as being a rookie alliance because a few of you have mentioned that you're pretty experienced with these types of games (and emigrated from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) from example). I get that it's suppose to be a "P&W rookie alliance" with emphasis on P&W but idk, the experience makes it easier to get in to these types of games, thus weakens the rookie label on you.

I could give you a pat on the back and a "good job, pal!" if that's an alright substitution?

*every character from every game, comic, cartoon, TV show, movie, and book reality come in with everything for a HUGE party*

4nVL9WJ.jpg

I don't see Mensa as being a rookie alliance because a few of you have mentioned that you're pretty experienced with these types of games (and emigrated from (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways) from example). I get that it's suppose to be a "P&W rookie alliance" with emphasis on P&W but idk, the experience makes it easier to get in to these types of games, thus weakens the rookie label on you.

I could give you a pat on the back and a "good job, pal!" if that's an alright substitution?

We are from eRepublik, not (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), and its not like our group was a group there. Some of our players were on oppossing sides of the incessant World War. Some that were ostensibly on the same side were in opposing military units or political parties. Point is we had never put together a group like the alliances of P&W. Some of our members like TellUrGrlThx are fairly new at eRep and others like Harrison Richardson haven't played eRep in years but were leaders in 2009.

I personally wouldn't vote for us for rookie alliance but it isn't like an absurd thing.

We are from eRepublik, not (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn&#39;t be bringing it up anyways), and its not like our group was a group there. Some of our players were on oppossing sides of the incessant World War. Some that were ostensibly on the same side were in opposing military units or political parties. Point is we had never put together a group like the alliances of P&W. Some of our members like TellUrGrlThx are fairly new at eRep and others like Harrison Richardson haven't played eRep in years but were leaders in 2009.

I personally wouldn't vote for us for rookie alliance but it isn't like an absurd thing.

Sorry, mixed up the games. 

I'm just explaining my motivation for my voting because I feel like if you've played a similar game and you start an alliance with people who've also had the same experience with these games then I personally don't view said group as a rookie group. Like it technically is, if we're talking semantics, but it's just like how I wouldn't for example give a "best rookie award" to an experienced olympic weight lifter who switched over to powerlifting, if there's people in the group who've never weightlifted before. Odd example maybe but hope you understand.

4nVL9WJ.jpg

ALLIANCE CATEGORIES

Alliance of the Year: The Syndicate
Most Powerful Alliance: The Syndicate
Best Military: Mensa HQ
Best Rookie Alliance: Sparta
Best Flag: Guardian
Best War Flag: GPA
Most Active Alliance: InGen
Most Honorable Alliance: TKR
Most Improved Alliance: Cobalt
Best Diplomatic Team: The Syndicate
Best Economic System: UPN
Best Recruiting Staff: TKR
Best Propaganda Staff: Trump 2016
Best Alliance Growth: TKR
Best Forums: Politics and War
Alliance Most Likely to Succeed in 2016: Arrgh
Most Immoral Alliance: DEIC
Most Controversial Alliance: DEIC

PLAYER CATEGORIES

Player of the Year: Partisan
Most Powerful Player: Pfeiffer
Best Alliance Leader: LordStrum
Most Controversial Player: Kastor
Best Player Sig: Cynic
Best Player Avatar: JohnHarms
Best OOC Poster: [metro]
Best IC Poster: Buorhann
Nicest Player: Moreau
Funniest Player: JohnHarms
Most Active Player: Bet
Player Most Likely to Achieve Greatness in 2016: Kastor
Best New Addition to the Community: Malone as a Mod

COMMUNITY CATEGORIES

Best Wall of Text: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8236-ves-breach-of-sovergnty/?p=135898
Best P&W Forum Topic:
Biggest Controversy: Shellhound multis
Funniest Event: Kastor Bank Thefts
Most Entertaining IRC Channel: #politicsandwar
Best Treaty Announcement: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8719-the-obsidian-accords/
Best Declaration of War: https://politicsandwar.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8245-an-announcement-from-flavortown/
Largest E-Peen: Kadin
Best Villain: Impero
Most Hated Poster: Inst
Most Missed Player (Player that has gone inactive/quit):

WORST CATEGORIES

Worst Alliance of the Year: DEIC
Worst Military of the Year: Cornerstone
Worst Diplomatic Move: Paragon-Vanguard addition
Most Inactive Large Alliance:
Alliance Most Likely to Fail in 2016: Midnight Skulls
Worst Player of the Year:
Worst Alliance Leader of the Year: Clarke
Worst Treaty of the Year: (provide a link)
Worst Forum Poster: Inst

Sorry, mixed up the games. 

I'm just explaining my motivation for my voting because I feel like if you've played a similar game and you start an alliance with people who've also had the same experience with these games then I personally don't view said group as a rookie group. Like it technically is, if we're talking semantics, but it's just like how I wouldn't for example give a "best rookie award" to an experienced olympic weight lifter who switched over to powerlifting, if there's people in the group who've never weightlifted before. Odd example maybe but hope you understand.

Your point is fair and all, except the vast majority ( If not all ) Best Rookie Nominations are players that literally left alliances here and reformed new ones in this game.  Whereas we came from a completely different game.

Don't get me wrong, I could care less if Mensa HQ gets the nomination.  The point I was bringing up is how far back do we look and consider the nominations, and if we take 2015 at it's whole - I doubt there's very few reasons why any new alliance this year could trump Mensa HQ's achievements and impact on the game.

Bourhann just wants someone to nominate Mensa for the best rookie alliance so that we can win that one too, along with everything we have been nommed for, xdxd.

I'm a hungry hippo, what can I say?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Your point is fair and all, except the vast majority ( If not all ) Best Rookie Nominations are players that literally left alliances here and reformed new ones in this game.  Whereas we came from a completely different game.

Don't get me wrong, I could care less if Mensa HQ gets the nomination.  The point I was bringing up is how far back do we look and consider the nominations, and if we take 2015 at it's whole - I doubt there's very few reasons why any new alliance this year could trump Mensa HQ's achievements and impact on the game.

I'm a hungry hippo, what can I say?

There is only one true hippo. You are not him.