A Note from Viridia

Impero

As I recall, a similar thing happened to us back in Alpha, WWA no less. It sucks immensely, but I suppose if nothing else it will provide a test of VE's willingness to survive and persevere.

Good luck!

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

Good luck to the rank and file of VE on getting their alliance back and restored to its state prior to the hack. We can discuss this claim that the glitch turned the tide in the war in another thread. 

• Upvote 1

>possibly turned the tide

hue

☾☆ Chairman Emeritus of Mensa HQ ☾☆

"It's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself." -Jack O'Neill

iMZejv3.gif

Don't see why some people are calling for a roll back. I mean logically to me all Sheepy needs to do is restore the leadership privileges to the required people, and if any money was removed to put it in the proper place.

Edited by Rozalia
  • Upvote 1

As I recall, a similar thing happened to us back in Alpha, WWA no less. It sucks immensely, but I suppose if nothing else it will provide a test of VE's willingness to survive and persevere.

Good luck!

Eh, a gov member going crazy is a bit different from an exploit, imo

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Eh, a gov member going crazy is a bit different from an exploit, imo

In this case, however, it wasn't merely a glitch, it was an outright hack.

"The happiness of the people, and the peace of the empire, and the glory of the reign are linked with the fortune of the Army."

Reset it to just before this whole conflict started, with everyone holding 5 days of income and produced resources.  Let it roll from there

-Legend of Hornguardia

Yes, it IS a dancing tropical bird

Yes, it IS sick

No, it does NOT want your cracker

Well...Sheepy needs to really build like some walls around the programming or something ... we keep getting hacked :(

Poor VE :(

Proud Canadian, Proud Ontarian

OZFC3Z0.jpg

Okay seriously dude this has &#33;@#&#036;ed my entire war effort. SIX TIMES i will get NOTHING for defeating members of the galliant veridian entente in battle. Reset the game or give me the 15MILLION dollars of loot and THOUSANDS of each refined resource i have been totally screwwed out of!!!

• Upvote 3

So this is not going to be called a "paranormal oddity" and an "unusual time-warp"... The guy who did this should be removed, alliance and its fund should be given back to real owners... but this hasn't affected wars in any way. You'd know that if you bothered to login in the last seven days when your mates were fighting as hard as they could.

Surprised it was VE that got hit and not Rose or Mensa.

Me too, considering they had very little left. However, in all of this one thing that should always be looked at is who benefits from this? Who benefited the most from cash generation? Extra simulated turns? Now this?

Me too, considering they had very little left. However, in all of this one thing that should always be looked at is who benefits from this? Who benefited the most from cash generation? Extra simulated turns? Now this?

I don't think anyone benefits from these hacks of late other than people who really don't like VE.

Reset it to just before this whole conflict started, with everyone holding 5 days of income and produced resources.  Let it roll from there

Is this a joke? :huh:

• Upvote 1

I don't think anyone benefits from these hacks of late other than people who really don't like VE.

That's not necessarily true. This can be easily solved by you guys getting money back and alliance ownership. The main problem is securing the server.

However, if the game is rolled back more than one turn then a clear beneficiary from this is VE.

11:11 PM <•Skynet> Also. I'd like to share. I just spoke to Sheepy.
11:11 PM â†’ Spartan9154 joined ([email protected])
11:11 PM <•Skynet> We will be rolling the game back.

11:12 PM <•Skynet> If I had a say in that, I'd suggest a week or so. As a few days doesn't seem right.
11:12 PM <•Skynet> But he's the final say on it.

inb4 everyone shits on Skynet