Mensa HQ Declaration of War

Vanek26

I think it's safe to say from this thread that people were waiting for something exciting to happen.

I posted, wasn't that exciting enough?

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

Marry me seabasstion.  We can do it in any state we want now.  I'll come to your state even. :P

I've tried to avoid this topic, but the elawyer in me just can't resist.

When Mensa hit Vanguard, they basically can activate only the oA in their treaties, if counterattacked.  So MDPs would not trigger and anyone claiming to enter through an MDP would be doing so, without an actual treaty activation.  But we all know it never falls down like this and ultimately, if you want to get real, they could just flash in a quick oA into the treaty and boom, oA treaty activation.  It's just a personal pet peeve when people act like their defense is anything but oA, which is fine, but lets call a spade a spade.  I've even seen people try to claim MDP when they chain oA in on someone.

Little annoying Placentica will pop his head back in if anyone activates any their MDP treaty with Mensa is counterattacked by any Vanguard ally.  MDoAP treaties via oA are prefectly fine though.  :P

I agree in part and (possibly?) disagree in part. You're completely right about people trying to twist entering a war into defense, even when it isn't. It's a ridiculous spectacle that occurs because a lot of people, for whatever reason, lack the balls to just say "we're hitting you aggressively because X". Or they think they PR of hitting defensively is better so they twist themselves into pretzels to claim defense instead. Just grow a pair and admit there's no defensive clause but you're hitting anyway.

I also agree that for the vast majority of treaties, the situation here wouldn't trigger an MD clause (I suppose it's possible to word a treaty in such a way that this would trigger it, but I haven't seen any treaties like that in Orbis.)

Now here's where we possibly disagree (I say possibly, because I may be reading an interpretation into your post that isn't there.) You seem to be suggesting that it's somehow less legitimate to enter a war "aggressively" if you don't have an oA clause in the treaty. I would vehemently disagree with this. As I see it, all alliances have the ability to take pretty much any action they want, whenever they want, unless they've specifically signed a treaty, or some other instrument that restricts that ability. It's that ability that everyone refers to when they talk about "alliance sovereignty." 

For instance, alliances can start a war by aggressively attacking someone, and they do it all the time. It's how every war starts. And that's a legitimate, "legal" (for lack of a better term) action. And if you can start a war aggressively, obviously you can join in a war that's already ongoing. 

Ergo, it's completely fine to jump into a war aggressively, even if you only have an MD and not MDoA. One is not more okay than the other. 

Or as I've put it numerous times over the years, and said in at least a couple threads on these forums, as well as on the radio show, everyone alliance has an OAODP with every other alliance just by virtue of existing (unless they've signed something that specifically restricts that right).

• Upvote 5
wF9Bjre.gif

Yea, let's call a spade a spade...you always have the OPTION to do whatever you want in the game.

Case in point: test does whatever the !@#$ they want.

And that's pretty much what happens, which is totally alright as long as that alliance admit that's what you are doing, lol.

Sup Tenages....o7 SK.  You were my favorite guy to talk to in Marionette.  Yea, I agree with you as well.  I don't have any issues with straight aggression, just claiming that aggression is defense.  It's why I won't sign any treaty without an oA clause.  Aggression is what makes our world fun.

oA for President.

Edited by Placentica
  • Upvote 1

Blood Pact puts the lie to that claim, and I am not a monotheist.

lol, just giving you hell.  Briefly off topic - one of my buds is focusing his Chaos army on Khorne/Tzeentch only.

0T6VbTk.jpg?15Db1ct7.jpg?1

Just one of his many models I figured I'd share.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

"Magicboy(arbitrary numbers)"

^ I don't know why, but this was probably my favourite part of this thread.

Hey Mensa - do you want to build a snowman? :ehm:

EDIT: added link for reference :v

Edited by Kurdanak
  • Upvote 1
xzhPlEh.png?1

So, I read the first three pages before I had to take a smoke break because jesus !@#$ing christ guys. The whambulance is in full effect today I suppose. You  all knew this was coming, maybe not them switching up and hitting Vanguard, but tactically it's a sound choice, for both political reasons and due to the fact that Vanguard is the weakest link (no offense intended there), you blitz them and hopefully take them out and you have one less threat to deal with before you get bogged down with VE and Rose. This little feud has been building for a while now, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone unless you've been living under a rock or you're new. As for the CB, we all know what the CB was. Let's not bullshit around and pretend like Rose is an innocent child in this. When it reaches above and beyond a certain point consequences are to be expected. These are the consequences.

• Upvote 6

uHQTKq6.png

They are good but it is hard to beat that $1.49 price. I do need to give their new fiery chicken fries a go though. 

Please don't. they taste exactly the same as the regular ones. 

"We pull in money, new recruits, all just to combat cipher, rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge."

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night i can feel my leg, and my arm, even my fingers. The body i've lost, The comrades i've lost, won't stop hurting... it's like they're all still there... You feel it too, don't you?"

So, I read the first three pages before I had to take a smoke break because jesus !@#$ christ guys. The whambulance is in full effect today I suppose. You  all knew this was coming, maybe not them switching up and hitting Vanguard, but tactically it's a sound choice, for both political reasons and due to the fact that Vanguard is the weakest link (no offense intended there), you blitz them and hopefully take them out and you have one less threat to deal with before you get bogged down with VE and Rose. This little feud has been building for a while now, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone unless you've been living under a rock or you're new. As for the CB, we all know what the CB was. Let's not !@#$ around and pretend like Rose is an innocent child in this. When it reaches above and beyond a certain point consequences are to be expected. These are the consequences.

Can you just shut the !@#$ up? You aren't hot shit, you're more annoying than kastor, me and hawkeye and and all these !@#$ing troll accounts over the past few days. Please shut the !@#$ up you stupid weeaboo and sit your ass down, pathetic !@#$. 

• Upvote 2

:wub: -removed by thor- :wub:

Can you just shut the !@#$ up? You aren't hot !@#$, you're more annoying than kastor, me and hawkeye and and all these !@#$ troll accounts over the past few days. Please shut the !@#$ up you stupid weeaboo and sit your ass down, pathetic !@#$. 

giphy.gif

Your tears taste delicious.

• Upvote 2

uHQTKq6.png

giphy.gif

Your tears taste delicious.

I can't be assed to read this thread but I assume this applies to someone here

<removed for filter evasion>

Probably applies to me. LOLZ

It didn't, but the beauty of the gif is how versatile it is, it can apply to anyone at anytime.

uHQTKq6.png

So this was a fun read. Can I just take a minute to step back from all the quibbling and say &#33;@#&#036; Yeah to war. Do a little dance.

Oh, and placentica can you take a moment to remember all the mdp parts of treaties that were just ignored last war. It works both ways and I'd hate for the aggressive people to get all your Rage.

Edited by Phiney
  • Upvote 2
T7Vrilp.png