7/28/2015 - OBL Challenge Games & 50 Infra Per Credit Option

Alex

• Administrators

Here's a double-header announcement for today. First, I've added Challenge Games to OBL. You can now play games directly against a nation of your choice (presuming they accept) which you can put wagers on. Challenge games do not earn you any revenue for hosting the home game, and the only money the winner earns is whatever the wager is.

The next part of the announcement is that I've added a new Donation option, for 1 credit you can get 50 infrastructure in the city of your choice. Yes, this counts against your 6 credit/month cap, so you could get a maximum of 300 infrastructure per month. 

This option is to try and get more people to actually buy credits, and while I think it'll be mostly big nations buying credits on the market and using them to get infrastructure, it ought to increase demand which should, theoretically, increase supply. We'll see how it goes. I've taken a lot of steps to make sure this can't be abused or deemed "Pay-to-win", so bear in mind how easy it is to destroy infrastructure.

That's the update, enjoy! Thanks for playing P&W!

• Upvote 5

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Thanks Sheepy! Challenges are awesome! Yeah, I think the infra will make more bigger nations consider buying credits, so good thinking!

• Upvote 1

º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ GOD EMPEROR BIO DRANDO¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¸ BIO DRANDO GOD EMPEROR¨°º¤ø„¸

¨°º¤ø„¤¤º°¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸

Thanks for the direct challenge option! You continue to impress as admin of this game  :)

• Upvote 1

I will take responsibility for what I have done, if I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.

Great change to OBL.

Also, is there a limit on how many credits one can sell on the market in a month? Like could I buy 12 credits with rl money and then sell them :P

Edited by MRBOOTY

MR BOOTY IN DA HOUSE

Great change to OBL.

Also, is there a limit on how many credits one can sell on the market in a month? Like could I buy 12 credits with rl money and then sell them :P

the limit is 6

☾☆

Warrior of Dio

The next part of the announcement is that I've added a new Donation option, for 1 credit you can get 50 infrastructure in the city of your choice.

At first, I thought this meant I could trade 50 infra to get one credit. I was like

84127898.gif

But then I was like

Dr.-Who.gif

tumblr_m9czr1koad1rutbklo1_5002_zpsgrmgw

Drip, drip, drop

ヽ( 。ヮ゚)ノ "Jump on the crazy brain gravy train!" (。□゚ノ)ノ

• Administrators

Great change to OBL.

You could over the course of 2 months.

There's a limit on how many credits you can redeem for an in-game non cosmetic bonus, and that's 6/month. So you can buy 6 credits and sell 2 of them, get 100 infra, and $2,000,000, or sell 5 of them, and get 50 infra, or whatever combination of 6 you want. But the infra bonus, cash bonus, and selling all count against your 6/month limit.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

hmmm, is the 50 infra for a credit not a little bit too OP? I can imagine that people with high infra can get way more infra and thus becoming way more powrful, maybe it's a little bit too much? I liked the idea more that you just buy credits for money and maybe even trade the credits to even get more money so you could buy or come closer to 50 or 100 infra.

Not that I really know, I'm too inexperienced to say if this might be too OP or not.

Edited by Qin Shi Huang

• Administrators

hmmm, is the 50 infra for a credit not a little bit too OP? I can imagine that people with high infra can get way more infra and thus becoming way more powrful, maybe it's a little bit too much? I liked the idea more that you just buy credits for money and maybe even trade the credits to even get more money so you could buy or come closer to 50 or 100 infra.

Not that I really know, I'm too inexperienced to say if this might be too OP or not.

50 Infra really isn't that much. At super high infra levels, though, it's very expensive, which is what makes this donation option appealing. Nations with high infra cities might be tempted to buy 50 infra with a credit, rather than cash, because of how expensive it is.

For newer/younger players that have less infra in their cities, 50 infrastructure is comparatively very cheap.

• Upvote 1

Forums Rules | Game Link

Going from 2,000 to 2,100 is $2.7 million for me. (I had to buy less than 100 after a war because of my OCD)

The cheapest credit is $2.45 million on the market now. 

Eventually, the price of credits will go up from this change.

NODOLsmall.png.a7aa9c0a05fa266425cd7e83d8ccb3dd.png

Is there a way to not accept challenges to OBL?

I woke up to 6 notifications this morning, I have no desire to play that part of the game. I just hit the make team button to see what it did. Should have a way to disable getting challenged. 

• Upvote 1

Right, but its a bit annoying to log on and have 6 notifications. Makes you think you could be at war or something. 

Ooo, didn't think of that.

Somebody could mass spam an entire alliance.

• Downvote 1

Ooo, didn't think of that.

Somebody could mass spam an entire alliance.

>.>

<.<

brb

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

• Jax locked this topic