Troubling Agency Intelligence

Grillick

Any thread involving GPA always devolved into dictionary fight on the definition of neutrality and how they ruin the game...It's almost delicious.

Lol ikr

Well it was more about correcting his contradictions  :P.

Edited by Neo-Nexus

8742143.png?170

Concilium Populusque Mandalórus ("The Council and the People of Mandalore")

: Carter and me have nukes, and Saxplayer is just sassy

Because you seem so intent on playing this ridiculous game, let me spell it out for you.  

All neutral alliances should be rolled, because they ruin the game.  The GPA calls themselves neutral, so therefore, this is one of the reasons GPA should be rolled.  

A second reason GPA should be rolled is because they are pseudo-neutral, i.e. hiding behind the neutrality label because they are too scared to defend themselves.  

My usage of the term psuedo-neutral means:  Any non-neutral alliance, that hides behind a neutral label because they are too afraid to show their real colors.  It does not simply mean "a non-neutral alliance"  

You're being really silly. Neutral alliances don't "ruin the game". They make up like what, maybe less than 100-150 players? Every single person who plays this game has the right to play it whichever way they want, within the boundaries that the game rules an mechanics allow. There's (clearly) not a shortage of players who are eager to participate in the War aspect of the game, so how does the fact that some people don't choose to participate in offensive actions ruin it for the rest of us? The answer is, it doesn't.

And honestly, I don't really think GPA spying on anyone (if they even did) is such a major violation of neutrality. I don't blame them for wanting to be aware of any potential, and obviously very real threats, so that they can take measures to defend themselves. It's not like they began an offensive war against anyone. Besides, since when is it reasonable to judge an entire alliance by the actions of a few people?

• Upvote 3

orwell_s_1984_oceania_s_currency_by_dungsc127_d97k1zt-fullview.jpg.9994c8f495b96849443aa0defa8730be.jpg

Yet the GPA is a non-neutral alliance that hides behind the neutral label based on your use of the word psuedo alliance.

Exactly.  

So what I'm getting at is that your opinion (emphasis on the your opinion) is that the GPA is super aggressive and is trying to start wars since we only HIDE behind the neutral label. But yet your first/main reason to roll the GPA is on the basis that we don't to start/participate in wars and therefore ruining the game? I don't see what the problem is here lol.

That would be two reasons not only one.  The first because of the neutral label.  The second because of GPA's actions, which are not defined by neutrality.  

So is the GPA aggressive and contribute to the game (non-neutral) or is the GPA a neutral alliance that ruins the game? Make up your mind :P

Both, because you are attempting to play half-step BS, as clearly evident by this thread.  

But, you should be more focused on your war screens now than arguing semantics on a OWF thread.  

Edited by rapmanej
  • Upvote 1

I really hate when people argue for or against neutrality.  I said it elsewhere, I don't think the concept of neutrality works in this game due to the the game mechanics, but I've never been a fan of trying to out argue a neutral.  I don't think some of the things the GPA did were wise, as they have to be 10x more careful than most alliances.  But, they can define the alliance they want to be. 

The real problem is even trying to be neutral in a game that values the upper tier so highly.  That top 10 leaderboard is a magnet for destruction and I don't expect anyone to maintainly their top 10 status for very long, myself included.  Just the way the huge updeclare range + missiles and now + nukes work.  Destruction ability is just too high in this game. 

Edit:  and eventually we'll all cluster around 10-13 cities max.

Edited by Placentica

There's so many DoW threads and I think this is the best place to address everyone who is attacking the GPA.

I want you all to know the GPA will be fighting to the last man to protect ourselves and our principles. We will not go down without a fight, we will not back down despite the overwhelming odds, and we will bloody you all. That being said, good luck to everyone on both sides, let's all remember this is a game and to have some fun. 

• Upvote 4

There's so many DoW threads and I think this is the best place to address everyone who is attacking the GPA.

I want you all to know the GPA will be fighting to the last man to protect ourselves and our principles. We will not go down without a fight, we will not back down despite the overwhelming odds, and we will bloody you all. That being said, good luck to everyone on both sides, let's all remember this is a game and to have some fun. 

Will that last man be the only one who doesn't flee the AA?

• Upvote 2

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Indeed that last man will have a trusty dog by their side :)

Nah, their shadow will be the only one who walks beside them

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Nah, their shadow will be the only one who walks beside them

A shadow created by the missiles currently raining down on their nations....

"They say the secret to success is being at the right place at the right time. But since you never know when the right time is going to be, I figure the trick is to find the right place and just hang around!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Kastor> He left and my !@#$ nation is !@#$ed up. And the Finance guy refuses to help. He just writes his !@#$ plays.

<Kastor> And laughs and shit.

<Kastor> And gives out !@#$ huge loans to Arthur James, that !@#$ bastard.

• Wiki Mod

If this thread is any indicatrion of GPAs FA expertise then, I am not at all surprised they are getting rolled.

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Whew!  That puts my mind at ease.  I was terrified that there would be nothing left by the time it was my turn for a target.

Apple_of_Discord.png

nobody expects pirates!

must be too drunk to leak anything understandable.

arrgh!

I'll have you know my drunkposting is entirely legible, or maybe it only seems that way at the time

tvPWtuA.gif

From my perspective, the only thing wrong here is that barely anyone has embargoed Saeton

>implying anyone would want to do that

YkvbNCA.jpg

You're no longer protecting the II? We have still teamed with II and TAC (and others) to rival The Covenants. This is getting complex.

#FA_Problems

Big problems for TSG. Really, not kidding.

If Casey and Cyradis are King and Queen does that mean they're married?