Troubling Agency Intelligence

Grillick

At the risk of derailing this already hilarious thread, here I go:

1. People not liking GPA isn't bullying, it's directly because of their own actions that the community doesn't support them. Not supporting someone isn't bullying them unless you're an absolute pusscake which is entirely possible.

2. It's a !@#$ game. About the only thing you could even possibly consider bullying would be if people got OOC with it which hasn't happened. If Grillick doesn't like what's being said on the screen he's more than capable of turning the screen off and walking away.

No, I pretty much agree; I'm not saying anything about GPA in particular and I don't like them (or at least their policies thus far) very much either, to be completely honest. I'm also not disagreeing that it's a game and ingame war isn't necessarily the same as actually hurting someone outright, edit although I concur with Saeton it is definitely more than possible to bully via ingame mechanics and !@#$-ery whether or not it is happening here. It's not just "a game" even if it isn't technically OOC.

I'm just arguing general principles since rapmanej's sentiment is similar to a lot of opinions I've seen floating around among communities I largely respect and I dislike when people make it out as though drawing comparisons between real life and simulations/hypothetical situations is bogus and "demeans" real life bad !@#$, which I think is a load of BS.

Edited by Erin

Ridiculous, they need a mayor.

Nonsense. They need someone with the teeth and claws capable of not only shredding the flesh of seals, but also of anyone who stands in the way of neutrality. A bear, perhaps. 

At the risk of derailing this already hilarious thread, here I go:

2. It's a !@#$ game. About the only thing you could even possibly consider bullying would be if people got OOC with it which hasn't happened. If Grillick doesn't like what's being said on the screen he's more than capable of turning the screen off and walking away.

Yes and no. If, every time you got online, there were people harassing you nonstop, it would be bullying. It's not always easy to just turn the screen off and walk away. Too many people have performed suicide because of constant harassment, even if it's only from the internet. I'm pretty sure certain websites actually enjoy that kind of stuff.

• Upvote 4

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

Yes and no. If, every time you got online, there were people harassing you nonstop, it would be bullying. It's not always easy to just turn the screen off and walk away. Too many people have performed suicide because of constant harassment, even if it's only from the internet. I'm pretty sure certain websites actually enjoy that kind of stuff.

Definitely so. I should perhaps amend my earlier post to include such consideration.

You know, it could have just as easily been someone outside GPA spying and then deciding to give information to them. With everything going on with the market, it's obvious a war is coming, and anyone smart enough to connect plans to attack with the market flux would know that GPA was the target.

Nonsense. They need someone with the teeth and claws capable of not only shredding the flesh of seals, but also of anyone who stands in the way of neutrality. A bear, perhaps. 

Well that's a bit different than what's going on here. I thought he was trying to draw parallels between what was going on here to actual harassment, which I simply don't believe is true.

uHQTKq6.png

You know, it could have just as easily been someone outside GPA spying and then deciding to give information to them. With everything going on with the market, it's obvious a war is coming, and anyone smart enough to connect plans to attack with the market flux would know that GPA was the target.

Er, how can you tell who is going to be on the defense just by looking at the market influx? That'll only tell you who's prepping for war. 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

rsz_1g7q_ak91409798280.jpg

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a roll.

There is one you will follow. One who is the shining star, and he will lead you to beautiful places in the search of his own vanity. And when there is no more vanity to be found, he will leave you in darkness, as a fading memory of his own creation.

Stop using the term "bullying" in reference to an online game.  It demeans actual bullying.  

A really good post when you think about it in that way.

As merely an interested bystander, I'm confused.  I mean, if you've got information that someone is about to attack you, and you apparently even know the timeline and the target lists, do you merely issue an weakly-worded statement of disapproval?  If the threat is truly imminent, then a pre-emptive first strike is completely justified under any reasonable doctrine of self-defense.

Where is the initiative?  Where is the leadership in GPA?  Do something even slightly unexpected.  Something that would make us all stop and say, "oh, hey, cool."

• Upvote 3

Apple_of_Discord.png

As merely an interested bystander, I'm confused.  I mean, if you've got information that someone is about to attack you, and you apparently even know the timeline and the target lists, do you merely issue an weakly-worded statement of disapproval?  If the threat is truly imminent, then a pre-emptive first strike is completely justified under any reasonable doctrine of self-defense.

Where is the initiative?  Where is the leadership in GPA?  Do something even slightly unexpected.  Something that would make us all stop and say, "oh, hey, cool."

The ability for a preemptive first strike does and likely will always exist in GPA documents. However it might as well not exist as no matter how obvious leadership/membership won't act on it. 

I still do not understand how a post calling X, Y, and Z naughty boys achieves. Simply put if GPA doesn't man up and actually do something (anything) be it a what you stated, dropping of the neutrality brand altogether, or some sort of appeasement than they might as well all be absorbed into Rose. 

If they survive than my advice would be to get leadership that isn't Rose bound all the time and thus has little interest. I'm available though I'd expect being named Emperor vm9cSAX.png

Heresy. Clearly they need a leader experienced in Justice.

Tomfoolery, they need a leader with cat like agility and credits.

Ridiculous, they need a mayor.

05PBtPy.gif

All very capable candidates, but I deserve the Viceroyship most due my history with the GPA as its far more storybook you see. The Rozalia Protection Agency would be an alliance the whole of Orbis could be proud of.

To be unopposed  charitable I'll put you Malone in charge of persecution of those deemed to have committed crimes against me  the agency, cushy job as you can imagine with my 983% approval rating (statistic source: Me). Jodo will receive a 5 star review from me, and the title of "honorary Rozalian". Mayor will be made the Mayor of Grillick crater. Saeton will be declared the number 1 threat to America (all 31 of them) in honour of his prowess. 

Push Rozalia for Summerslam viceroyship. 

dikhGXC.gif

9Y9Bnwi.png

It's awfully Rothschild in here.

I think that was their initiative right there.

I hope someone is tracking the GPA nations fleeing to other AA's or changing their AA in an attempt to preserve their pixels.  They could do this and rejoin their previous alliance after the war.  I've seen nations do this in (That terrible game that is totally irrelevant and I shouldn't be bringing it up anyways) to confuse the enemies target list.  I've even seen whole alliances change their AA to seed confusion.

Why should they fight for your failings? I see your members fleeing because they were neutral. Your actions however were obviously not neutral.

Simple, you should let people leave, then send them their hard earned taxes back. Try kissing an arse, it might help

Neutral means just that. Not manipulating the definition to fit your wants.

Just saying.