3/17/2015 - Changing Alliance Names

Alex

• Administrators

This is a small update, I know, but one long awaited. You can now change your alliance name for a cost of 3 credits, and only if you're an alliance leader (highest permission set).

It has to be between 2 and 38 characters, you can't name it "None", you can't take the name of another alliance, and only white space, letters, and numbers are allowed. Same restrictions as before.

The feature will show up on the donate page if you're the leader of an alliance. If not, you won't see it.

I know some of you don't have access to PayPal, or a credit card, or for some other reason can't purchase credits. The good news is, now that they're tangible, tradeable commodities, you can likely buy them from other players.

Enjoy! :)

EDIT:

I've also made a slight change to Color Stock Bonus.

• There is no longer a 10 day waiting period before an alliance affects color stock
  • Nations on a color now increase the bonus 50% more
  • Alliances that count negatively toward the bonus must have more score than the #1 ranked nation's score
  • Beige nations no longer count towards the all nation score
  • The new formula is: MIN((COLOR NATIONS*3)/((ALL NATIONS - GRAY NATIONS - BEIGE NATIONS) + (COLOR ALLIANCES^2 * 200)),.1)
  • Upvote 1

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

o/ Whatever new abbriviations arrive with this new use

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

as there was a cheaper choice, I would prefer that one.

This one is good for established alliance

======================

Yayy, Color bonus gave me money to buy Candies for children

but why minimize the conflict? It is bcos of the conflict which encourage mega alliance and at the same time the history of conflict within established alliances gave them competition in enforcing the colour......CONFLICT IS A 100% Good thing!

Option 1 and 2 is good.

Option 3) Easy, noone  would get a nation score greater than 2000 at the moment

Option 4) This is the reason why should be happen in war btw 2 parties.

Option 5) No idea of what it is, but the equation seemed giving big alliance higher bonus than those which are lower under the "average" color bonus.

Edited by Arthur James

You should add a 5 char "acronym" textbox for alliances. Be nice to type "upn" and search instead of typing everything out.

• Upvote 4

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:37 PM, Sheepy said:
Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

You should add a 5 char "acronym" textbox for alliances. Be nice to type "upn" and search instead of typing everything out.

For once, I actually agree with this guy. 

I second this. 

yVHTSLQ.png

(TEst lives on but I'm in BK stronk now and too lazy to change the image)

I've also made a slight change to Color Stock Bonus.

• There is no longer a 10 day waiting period before an alliance affects color stock
  • Nations on a color now increase the bonus 50% more
  • Alliances that count negatively toward the bonus must have more score than the #1 ranked nation's score
  • Beige nations no longer count towards the all nation score
  • The new formula is: MIN((COLOR NATIONS*3)/((ALL NATIONS - GRAY NATIONS - BEIGE NATIONS) + (COLOR ALLIANCES^2 * 200)),.15)

Point 1, thank you. It was broken from the get go and was being abused even though I told you it would :P

The rest of the points:

Garbage.

All you've done here is do the exact opposite of what the color stock was supposed to do. And now, the "popular colors" will have even more people flocking to them. And now, the alliances on them will care less, because the little micro alliances (like Justice Department) have no impact on color score.

You've basically negated the entire color stock system of having any chance to create drama, and boosted money for no reason for the "popular colors"...

duskhornexceptional.png.d9e24adf7f0945530780eee694428f27.png

He's right, I'm such a stinker. Play my exceptional game!

The color formula doesn't seem to be right on yellow. There are only three yellow alliances that have more score than the #1 nation, but it count it as 4 alliances... The ,.15 part is somewhat redundant with the 10% upper limit, though.

UedhRvY.png

For once, I actually agree with this guy. 

I second this. 

Must be a sign of the impending apocalypse :v

Orbis Wars   |   CSI: UPN   |   B I G O O F   |   PW Expert Has Nerve To Tell You How To Run Your Own Goddamn Alliance | Occupy Wall Street | Sheepy Sings

TheNG - My favorite part is when Steve suggests DEIC might have done something remotely successful, then gets massively shit on for proposing such a stupid idea.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

I don't know wheter this update is good or not, so I'll just say [insert approval/disapproval] work Sheepy.

indonesia.jpg

King Bilal the Great Mediocre

The Average monarch of Billonesia

Wikia page (if you're into roleplay things).

We Tvtropes now. (down the rabbit hole!)

• Wiki Mod
Alliances that count negatively toward the bonus must have more score than the #1 ranked nation's score

Is this in the alliance or the entire game?

23:38 Skable that's why we don't want Rose involved, so we can take the m all for ourselves

23:39 [] but Mensa is the cute girl at the school dance and she's only dancing with us right now to get our friend jealous

23:39 [] If Rose comes in and gives Mensa what she wants, she'll just toss us aside and forget we ever existed

23:39 zombie_lanae yeah I do hope we can keep having them all to ourselves

23:40 zombie_lanae I know it's selfish but I want all their love

6:55 PM <+Isolatar> Praise Dio

Pubstomper|BNC [20:01:55] Rose wouldn't plan a hit on Mensa because it would be &#33;@#&#036;ing stupid

Is this in the alliance or the entire game?

The entire game. #1 in the alliance wouldn't make much sense.

Sheepy said:

I'm retarded, you win

Ay.

Personally I dont like the new changes to the color stock bonus :/

you basically over powered the colors with very large alliances or very popular colors and people that are interested in their bonus from color will flock to those alliances..............

eastwood.jpg

Perhaps now increase how high the color bonus can go. 

Yeah, if not, then eventually everyone will just have 10% no matter what color. 5 colors already do

• Upvote 1

The many forms of proof regarding Kastor's sexuality:

- Kastor: I already came out the closet.

- MaIone: I'm gay

* MaIone is now known as Kastor

- Henri: i'm a !@#$it

Skable: the !@#$ is a codo?

420kekscope.jpg

• Administrators

The color formula doesn't seem to be right on yellow. There are only three yellow alliances that have more score than the #1 nation, but it count it as 4 alliances... The ,.15 part is somewhat redundant with the 10% upper limit, though.

That's a typo in the formula. The cap is 10%, not 15%, I'll update the OP.

Is there a bug? Report It | Not understanding game mechanics? Ask About It | Got a good idea? Suggest It

Forums Rules | Game Link

Do the colour bonus sys. still count only those nations which are above score 300?

I wonder it was the 150% colour bonus influence giving the tremendous increase in %. 

Edited by Arthur James

• Administrators

Do the colour bonus sys. still count only those nations which are above score 300?

I wonder it was the 150% colour bonus influence giving the tremendous increase in %. 

No, the color bonus only includes alliances in the formula with a score higher than the #1 nation's score.

Forums Rules | Game Link

• Jax locked this topic