[Treaty] Why NAP when you can sleep?

Vein

7 hours ago, RagnarBuliwyf said:

Going against my better judgement, I've looked through this entire thread and I see a lot of shit throwing. I genuinely want to know as it's getting brought up time and time again each year. 

What past actions are people referring to when they claim tkr bad. I've DM'd several of you privately and had either no response, deflected response or no reply. (All valid). So once again I ask publicly. 

Here ya go.

On 4/22/2024 at 1:09 AM, Sketchy said:

"Rescued"

ODOO set terms and conditions on us for their entry that were undoubtedly beneficial to themselves. Their entry was self interest, a prid quo pro. By that point in the war, we had already taken all the damage we were going to take.

Peace negotiations with SAIL and us would have taken place and been finished well before the extended war would have, had parties remained in the coalition instead of peacing out.

We could have taken a long NAP and sat and allowed for things to play out without us. It would have been more beneficial for us to do so. We opted to make a deal that would prolong the conflict we had already been fighting for 2 months (preceding 2 months of fighting others) in order to make a move that would benefit all parties, That would have committed us to at least 5 months of straight war.

The assertion that we were rescued from anything is laughable. I'm not going to expand on what your terms were, despite the various wild claims being made here, but the fact is, you guys had a deal on the table that worked for you, and that is why you helped.

And then you walked away from the deal. And very abruptly. We all know how much of a mess that was.

As far as us being "angry" goes, I hadn't really intended to get involved in this discussion much. But certain claims were made here that required addressing, and I think it's interesting you guys have chosen to single us out, given everyone else who signed onto the nap, including alliances you claim to have good relations with, and, all in all, we owe you the least here besides perhaps Eclipse.

TKR immediately planned to attack us as soon as the Fortuna war in which we fought together was over. And they did, bringing in Syndicate. That put us under a NAP cycle, the same one that prompted their entry into our war later on.

TKR made a deal that, as I said earlier, was beneficial to them, in order to bring themselves in, and then when things got too hairy for them, struck a different deal behind our backs, and attempted to exclude us from the process, which would have inevitably left us in the same war they are purported to have rescued us from lmfao.

These are all claims I can easily support with evidence, if I have to. Despite all this, we have not gone after or targeted you directly, this entire time. We could have easily sought revenge on TKR/ODOO for your previous attacks on us, we could have easily sought to align with people attempting to hit you this cycle, and, with this nap in place, we could easily align with the current coalition against you. Instead, we have, more than once, attempted to work with you, and find mutual common ground and cut deals with you that would work to our mutual benefit.

But past behaviour is a pretty good indicator for future behaviour, and TKR has proven time and time again, that collaboration with you ends poorly for us.

Perhaps you'd prefer me to sit alongside you, whisper sweet nothings in your ear, and pretend like I wasn't one of the alliances who signed onto the NAP? Given who you guys have chosen as the target of your ire here, it feels to me that you'd rather hear comfortable lies than brutal honesty.

• Upvote 1

image.png.6f019fcf718af1be5dd853e510616a8c.png

Currently there are 4 distinct spheres that signed a 3-month NAP extension without fighting a single conflict. This means that over 60% of the alliances are subject to the NAP extension with the other 40% under an NAP which ends next month or neutral alliances. With 3 seperate NAPs running concurrently, here are a few takes: 

1. Where did the definitive purpose of signing a non-agression pact shift from a tool to rebuild after long-lasting and costly wars to a political method utilized to circumvent wars and discourage game activity?
  2. Is this just a new rendition of the same NAP to discourage the hiring/auctioning of mercs/pirates to hit another coalition after notable instances? (e.g. Wheel of Misfortune, TGH)
  3. Does this recent foreign affairs move set a precedent on future NAPs to be signed in a similar manner?
  4. How will this affect the overall game activity in the next 2-4 months given these are often the months of highest game activity? Ty @Themonia for pointing this out. 

676912258_galaxybrain.webp.5c1275f9a627f0a3b84e6f73d163a6c5.webp

My opinion may not reflect those of my alliance or its affiliates. Please read at your own discretion.

15 hours ago, lancelot1 said:

Dude, can you make it more than 4 sentences without giving yourself a high five over how involved you are in the goings on of Orbis as compared to others?

“I was TKR high gov for 2 years bro”

High Five man!

• Haha 3

Well hell, we all know what a pile of crap the war system is, so why don't we just have sheepy take it out of the game. Then we can save all the money we spend on upkeep for the military building and all those pesky military units. Not to mention all the money we spend on rebuilding. We can all just sit around hugging our pixels and building more cities. Think of all those poor raiders, they can finally build cities and infra without fear.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sketchy said:

On an unrelated note, the thread has reached 10 pages. It's too bad the forums aren't this active more often.

Are you suggesting we need a 2 year NAP? :ph34r:

22 hours ago, Benfro said:

You accuse everyone else of not staying on topic, but whenever a response is posted, your go to is just “you clearly don’t know what you are talking about.”

That may have worked against our veteran TKR members, some of whom are retired gov etc. But in this case, you didn’t even bother to check who you responded to…

This is the FA high gov of The Immortals. Try a different dismissive argument since you clearly don’t want to actually engage with anyone’s conversation. 

Just FYI - If @Dr James Wilsonknows the context, and continued to “ignore” @Sketchy’s points…

…that makes the situation worse for you guys and justifies Sketchy’s feelings about your sphere, and the current decision that was made regarding this NAP.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, John M Keynes said:

Currently there are 4 distinct spheres that signed a 3-month NAP extension without fighting a single conflict. This means that over 60% of the alliances are subject to the NAP extension with the other 40% under an NAP which ends next month or neutral alliances. With 3 seperate NAPs running concurrently, here are a few takes: 

1. Where did the definitive purpose of signing a non-agression pact shift from a tool to rebuild after long-lasting and costly wars to a political method utilized to circumvent wars and discourage game activity?
  2. Is this just a new rendition of the same NAP to discourage the hiring/auctioning of mercs/pirates to hit another coalition after notable instances? (e.g. Wheel of Misfortune, TGH)
  3. Does this recent foreign affairs move set a precedent on future NAPs to be signed in a similar manner?
  4. How will this affect the overall game activity in the next 2-4 months given these are often the months of highest game activity? Ty @Themonia for pointing this out. 

1. When this tumour reached stage 2.

• Haha 4

Downloads.jpg.f8cec0ed86ab61876072ab7847b52f92.jpg

Lame as hell, in my personal opinion.

#CrapOnTheNAP

image.thumb.png.0b2b5ed21e84475604bae329bfe0af01.png

• Upvote 4
16 hours ago, Koala said:

I would like to thank the PnW servers for standing up for themselves and providing the only valid cb in PnW history!

2 hours ago, Buorhann said:

Just FYI - If @Dr James Wilsonknows the context, and continued to “ignore” @Sketchy’s points…

…that makes the situation worse for you guys and justifies Sketchy’s feelings about your sphere, and the current decision that was made regarding this NAP.

Ignore them?  I didn't ignore them.   I dismissed them.  They're bad points.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

:nyan:The Volleyball :nyan: 

Avanti Immortali

..one, two, Jimmy's coming for you...

On 4/20/2024 at 4:17 PM, BettaChecka said:

One of your 2 major allies (TI), has fought for 1 day total in the past year and yet was still by far fighting the best out of your whole sphere.  Perhaps it is in your best interest to look inwards before projecting your salt out onto the world. Perhaps even go back to sticking what you are good at, baseball and perma stockpiling nukes. 

imagine thinking TI fought well or that you could gauge fighting after a day of conflict smh they went -8.5b and had a grand total of like 120 defensive wars, hardly something to write home about 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MBaku said:

imagine thinking TI fought well or that you could gauge fighting after a day of conflict smh they went -8.5b and had a grand total of like 120 defensive wars, hardly something to write home about 

You didn't see the backrooms lmao.

BettaChecka

Nation Link

High Gov Milcom - Singularity

True Leaders of Singularity.png

2 hours ago, Sketchy said:

I am happy to start responding, with logs, starting with every post Canbec has made, and then you, and then the random ass members of TKR and their various hot takes, if that is where we feel this needs to go.

Or, we can deal with it privately, and you stop trying to argue points in public that aren't true.

💯

IMG_3206.gif