[Sphere] Fate Lies in the Stars

Agent W

1 hour ago, roberts said:

this move now forces people to look at how they will be able to remain competitive in terms of political influence as well as military might/tiering.

If everyone took a minute they’d remember rose and ts are trash and would move on with their day. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Agent W said:

Screen_Shot_2022-03-12_at_6.59.51_AM.png

We are strong in the 20's-30's, but weaker on both extremes. Calling this Quack 2.0 is propaganda that is not based in reality.

You're strong in the tiers that matter. You outnumber us heavily above the c30s and even in the c20s. Our extra 7 c40s nations aren't going to turn that around.

If you think a 1v1 with clock is an even war, then you either expect half your sphere not to fight or you're lying to yourself.

Given that you don't want to hit HW but also somehow consider this tripolarity, I guess you intend to test that out soon.

• Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

6 hours ago, Azazel said:

you never wanted TKR to leave your sphere and your FA admitted that (can't recall who it was at the time)

As the FA for t$ when the split happened, you are woefully incorrect. Benfro and I agreed that Quack's time was done, and were planning to disband before the leaks that lead to TLR happened. Get your information right.

As for the rest of the thread, gl, hf, my condolences, etc.

• Upvote 3

thalmorcommie.png

6 hours ago, Azazel said:

Jesus Wana, I don't know why your bothering to sit here and grandstand, the fact is your smart enough to know the reaction this will get and your smart enough to know damn well the game will see through this. Are you really going to try to continue to argue you don't want another HW war? So are you saying your now focused on Clock or going to roll spheres much smaller? 

Thank you for the great powers that be to once again force their way upon us all, much appreciated. Rose and T$ are both old alliances that have the skill and ability to form spheres around them creating a dynamic environment,  this just kills politics. Taking a loss once a while is per corse of the game. However I don't put this past you what so ever, you never wanted TKR to leave your sphere and your FA admitted that (can't recall who it was at the time), Syndi as far as I've even seen just wants to aquire power. Now on the other hand, Rose shocked me and disappointed me, after the long conversations I've had with Valk, Harry, Abbas and other representatives over the last few years, this move is completely out of step for what Rose claimed to be and stand for. 

Posting a chart that proves everyone's point was a curious decision, you through process must imagine we can't read through the lines and see the actual state of things. 

My rhetoric has been pretty clear. This move doesn’t change what I’ve said about HW in recent history. The cycle of tS fighting Grumpy endlessly was hopefully ended by this past war. I mean that. As for other spheres, I hope that we can build strong relationships as well. We didn’t found and immediately hit anyone, so I see our relationship with others as being neutral for now.

You’re right to some degree, but I’d posit this move was a direct answer to the additions by both Clock and HW. Both blocs added significantly to what they already had, which was certainly nothing to scoff at to begin with. 

During the last war, many claimed that it was fair due to how many nations were in Blackwater. We’ve still got less now, but at a tiering that is different.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

5 hours ago, roberts said:

Consolidation of the movers and shakers of Orbis into a single sphere brings back Quack memories for a lot of people and portends of movement back towards a more bipolar world. Some points have been raised here already that outside of Hollywood, and even potentially within Hollywood, this move now forces people to look at how they will be able to remain competitive in terms of political influence as well as military might/tiering.

On a positive note: I expected this sphere to end up larger than it actually was, so I am grateful for that. I think you guys tried to keep things to a minimum where you could, so kudos but I just don't think the goal was accomplished.

Don’t you think that HW adding TI and Clock adding Voodoo forced us to consider how to remain competitive?

I think what’s being misunderstood here is  just your final point. The option to straight up merge BW/MHC was there, but that’s not what we did, because that sort of move would have done what everybody is accusing us of. Both Rose and tS had to make some tough decisions on who to ask to be a part of this sphere, so doing a straight up merge would’ve been the easy route.

4 hours ago, Sweeeeet Ronny D said:

Did Grumpy make an AA post and no one tell me about it?  There seems to be a lot of grumpy talk in here.

Congrats to the joining of tS and Rose, may it be long and fruitful for all.

Your name is coming up a lot, considering nothing about the OP has anything to do with you.

2 hours ago, Dr James Wilson said:

Hah.   Hypocrites

What I’d argue is more hypocritical is this. Your alliance leader defending Rose against HW because of your own accusations of them being a hegemony then deciding to join that same grouping after a catastrophic misreading of reality. 

• Like 2

Former Imperial Officer of Internal Affairs and Emperor of the New Pacific Order, Founder of the Syndicate, Current Chief Global Strategist of the Syndicate.

1 hour ago, Keegoz said:

You're strong in the tiers that matter. You outnumber us heavily above the c30s and even in the c20s. Our extra 7 c40s nations aren't going to turn that around.

If you think a 1v1 with clock is an even war, then you either expect half your sphere not to fight or you're lying to yourself.

Given that you don't want to hit HW but also somehow consider this tripolarity, I guess you intend to test that out soon.

Are you implying that the mega-whale tier and 0-20 tier don’t matter? That’s not very nice of you.

Where did I make any comment about how a war with Clock would go?

It seems you believe that because I don’t intend to pursue a war with HW, that I intend to pursue a war with Clock. That’s a pretty big assumption.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Hwan said:

Of course, it's only a multipolar world if GOB is by far the strongest sphere, right

So we should take it that this treaty was again to be anti GG? I thought WANA said they didn't sign this to be against HW.

• Downvote 1

image.png.4824d77377c05ab0639aa7b3275e3aea.png

1 minute ago, Agent W said:

Are you implying that the mega-whale tier and 0-20 tier don’t matter? That’s not very nice of you.

Where did I make any comment about how a war with Clock would go?

It seems you believe that because I don’t intend to pursue a war with HW, that I intend to pursue a war with Clock. That’s a pretty big assumption.

Is it? You just said it's tripolarity and you don't intend to war one of those spheres.

If you think 7 nations will tip the balance against the almost 100 nations you outnumber us with below...

0-20 tier don't matter as much, they'r easier to rebuild and significantly cheaper to run. You know this, it's why you've cried about GG for ages and not about Oasis or Swamp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

[11:52 PM] Prefontaine: But Keegoz is actually bad. [11:52 PM] Prefontaine: He's my favorite bad leader though.

5 hours ago, JaxTeller said:

one L and you signed TI.  Ya'll are getting lazy with your PR.  Someone do a halfway decent job at least.  

We signed TI a lot later after brawlywood. So cannot be considered that we took an L and signed them. There were many changes in blocs and we found our mid tier wasn't even competitive.

8 hours ago, Agent W said:

What we have now is tripolarity.

Why do you think this would be preferred to the multipolarity we had? :)

9 hours ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

11BD5842-7672-4669-B211-917EDDE4B8F3.jpeg.6174fef749fcfa841765c50dbcc6f539.jpeg

You all are getting pointed out because you did what you said in past that you wouldn't do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nero Claudius said:

Que the flood of complainers from HW. 

Nobody tell them about GG. 

What do you have against GG?

7 hours ago, Big Mac said:

BW and MHC were quite clearly spheres 3 and 4, and with no sign of HW downsizing any time in the future, something needed to be done. I appreciate where you're coming from a Clock perspective, but this is what's happening - so live with it

Leaders from your blocs have been saying abt letting bygones be bygones and I don't understand why you all bring HW in it then, is HW the real reason of this bloc formation? So you all just want HW to downsize?

11 minutes ago, Keegoz said:

Is it? You just said it's tripolarity and you don't intend to war one of those spheres.

If you think 7 nations will tip the balance against the almost 100 nations you outnumber us with below...

0-20 tier don't matter as much, they'r easier to rebuild and significantly cheaper to run. You know this, it's why you've cried about GG for ages and not about Oasis or Swamp.

It’s an illogical leap. You can choose what you choose to believe, doesn’t make it true.

Your argument is “neither of the tiers we’re stronger in matter.” I suppose cherry picking does make the mental gymnastics easier to perform.

10 minutes ago, Indger said:

We signed TI a lot later after brawlywood. So cannot be considered that we took an L and signed them. There were many changes in blocs and we found our mid tier wasn't even competitive.

Why do you think this would be preferred to the multipolarity we had? :)

Don’t blame me for the death of multipolarity, that ship was in disrepair due to the moves of others.

Were the two smaller spheres just supposed to be happy with the prospect of being non-competitive with others?

Edited by Agent W
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Agent W said:

It’s an illogical leap. You can choose what you choose to believe, doesn’t make it true.

Your argument is “neither of the tiers we’re stronger in matter.” I suppose cherry picking does make the mental gymnastics easier to perform.

So your intention is to not have a war with Clock or Hollywood in this new meta that you have dubbed a tripolarity between Clock, Ro$e and Hollywood? Or is it just Hollywood?

I guess you don't like dealing with the numbers, the 1-20 tiers cannot help the c30-39 tiers that you dominate in.