Jump to content
Dr Rush

Name the laggy global war

Recommended Posts

I think we'd be best off trying to name the three rough individual stages of the war before trying to name the overall thing. Makes sense that the first chunk retains "Dial Up War", the second chunk, when t$ re-entered against Coalition B, gets another name, and the third chunk, when tCW flipped and Immortals/Fark and friends entered, gets a name like "NPO's last time", and then we think of some other name entirely again to name the entire 8 month affair.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Avakael said:

I think we'd be best off trying to name the three rough individual stages of the war before trying to name the overall thing. Makes sense that the first chunk retains "Dial Up War", the second chunk, when t$ re-entered against Coalition B, gets another name, and the third chunk, when tCW flipped and Immortals/Fark and friends entered, gets a name like "NPO's last time", and then we think of some other name entirely again to name the entire 8 month affair.

I'd honestly go Dial Up -> Revelation -> Final Stand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why?
Dial up is pretty decided, and there's few left that dispute that for the first portion of the war.

Revelation is really when the game started to wake up and realize things weren't okay anymore.

Final Stand is what it says on the tin.  Most of the game finally went all in to bring the war to an end.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That works too. The point is that it's all a bit long and complicated to just get *one* name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raidoactivebleaxh said:

Pacific Theater 

*Pacifica theater

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fork in the road war. (For the part that started Jan 6th)

 

Think about it, practically every major alliance had to make a decision that would've drastically changed the outcome if the decision was different 

 

Npo cheating, 

TI + Fark and TCW joining Coal A

Goons blitzing TMC 

Coal A holding out against unconditional surrender 

Specific alliances in Coal B wanting harsher Reps (pushing Coal A away from surrender) 

BK deleting (sped up war end) 

I could go on but you get the point

Edited by Canada2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Canada2 said:

The fork in the road war. (For the part that started Jan 6th)

Think about it, practically every major alliance had to make a decision that would've drastically changed the outcome if the decision was different 

Npo cheating, 

TI + Fark and TCW joining Coal A

Goons blitzing TMC 

Coal A holding out against unconditional surrender 

Specific alliances in Coal B wanting harsher Reps (pushing Coal A away from surrender) 

BK deleting (sped up war end) 

I could go on but you get the point

  1. GPWC appeared in 2019.
  2. - Valid point, and they even stayed despite horrifying revelations -
  3. NP attacked BoC, chaining to the Goons entry.
  4. Coalition A. had been holding out for 7 months.
  5. All of TCW's reps were dropped when they left.
  6. - valid point about deletion-

Good name for the war tho ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Epi said:
  1. Coalition A. had been holding out for 7 months.

Psssssst:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2020 at 5:27 PM, Rosey Song said:

I'd honestly go Dial Up -> Revelation -> Final Stand

I second this suggestion, although I will be sad that NPO’s Last Time isn’t a thing.

I would also suggest that the entire war should be called Endgame, for mostly self-explanatory reasons. This war was the Endgame, and it was treated as the Endgame by everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unconditional Surrender

The Never Ending War

The Stupid War

The Sell All Your Infra Because You Are A Stupid Sheep And Prefer To Submit Right Out Of The Gates First to Stupid Ideas From Stupid People Who Don't Know How To Count Or Plan Then To Your Enemy War.

The Cheater's War

The Whatever It's Over War

The Broke War

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 2:59 PM, Kevanovia said:

Dial Up War

The Wiki Mods aren't even accepting that as a War name for some stupid reason Kev.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buck Turgidson said:

The Sell All Your Infra Because You Are A Stupid Sheep And Prefer To Submit Right Out Of The Gates First to Stupid Ideas From Stupid People Who Don't Know How To Count Or Plan Then To Your Enemy War

Big fan of this one

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It obviously has to be named NPO's Last Time ♥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Princess Bubblegum anime fiasco war

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NPO's Last Time

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Devestation of Orbis

 

 

cause lets be fricking real here nobody won this war despite all the political shake ups that happen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the Guidelines of the game and community.