A Statement On Recent Events

Park

Didn't TKR also not drop you?

Resplendent dropped them after the merge, as it was one of the sacrifices we had to make to go in.

So I cried with Lordship on discord for nothing lel

• Upvote 1

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.

We are a stronger, more united Obelisk.

We also wish you nothing but success in the future, and hope you can continue to become as unified as possible...like we were in our decision to drop you.

Ayy lmao.

• Upvote 6

We also wish you nothing but success in the future, and hope you can continue to become as unified as possible...like we were in our decision to drop you.

Ayy lmao.

Basically BK rn

giphy.gif

Edited by Abigail Griffin
  • Upvote 1

PoJQyFJ.gif

Honestly, this thread only proves Oblivion's leadership's inexperience and extremely poor judgment. 

I have glad we severed ties. Have fun with Polaris and the tC sphere. You seem to fit in quite well.

• Upvote 5

[22:37:51] <&Yosodog> Problem is, everyone is too busy deciding which top gun character they are that no decision has been made

BK in a nutshell

So, speaking on behalf of myself and not my alliance in response to this.

"To the Black Knights, the same to you, you left us after claiming that the Polaris treaty was fine with you, only after backlash did you retract. You also left us in our time of need, I’m not sure how anyone can be fine being your ally. However, we wish you well going forward."
I understood that you guys did NOT contact us about your new treaty with Polaris. You mentioned it, but it was after the signing. 

I think you should have checked with us first.

Again, disclaimer, this is not an official alliance stance on this matter, simply my own opinion.

Thank you.

I too wish you well going foward.

May love and laughter light your days,

and warm your heart and home,

May good and faithful friends be yours,

wherever you may roam,

May peace and plenty bless your world,

with joy that long endures,

May all life's passing seasons,

bring the best to you and yours.

-Old Irish Blessing

Proud member of the Black Knights

The Dankest Alliance in Orbis

"ayy lmao" - everyone

Make Orbis DANK again!

To the Black Knights, the same to you, you left us after claiming that the Polaris treaty was fine with you, only after backlash did you retract. You also left us in our time of need, I’m not sure how anyone can be fine being your ally. However, we wish you well going forward.

How would a Polaris treaty be fine? One you give our gov one day to know about it, and they are not going to bully you but anyone with a basic grasp of FA knowledge will know that that treaty was bound to cause conflict. Also, the backlash was a perfectly valid reason. Not only did you not let your allies know, you also did not let your own members know. When we see your own members bailing at a treaty it does not instill any confidence in your decision making. Then you make a public call out thread. I can understand the frustration, but insulting people will not get you anywhere.

• Upvote 4

Park, the first time you even spoke to TCW government was yesterday as this was hitting the fan. My impression was that you were a decent guy who understood full well why the mistakes that you made led to us severing our ties with Obelisk. I was also under the impression that because you understood how your leadership style left much to be desired for some, our discussions with us parting ways was left on good terms. The Commonwealth is a loyal and formidable ally and we have friends outside of our sphere. However, we cannot be allied with you because the faction that brought us to you left because your house was out of order and that is a reflection on you. That is not The Commonwealth's or BK's fault. You made a decision without the approval of your government and without the courtesy of telling your allies. I don't know what the point of this thread was (other than try to put us on blast when we did nothing wrong and went above and beyond to have clean hands with you) but you're drawing more unwanted attention to yourself and burning a bridge.

On behalf of The Commonwealth, we sincerely wish Obelisk well. 

• Upvote 3

Obelisk, you're certainly on the losing end of this situation, and it's going to take you some time to lick your wounds and recuperate. However, I think the denunciation was an important step for you on this path, and for that, I do commend you. What was done by the members who abruptly left your alliance was wrong, and I also think that the abrupt cancellation of treaties was wrong. BK and TCW were treatied to Obelisk, not to the members who left, and to abandon you (as you phrased it, in your time of need) was far from, in my opinion, respectable.

Everyone who's buddy-buddy here has no problem turning a blind eye to what was, essentially, a series of dick moves. They'll laugh and poke fun at you. They may have some fair criticisms of your leadership, or your foreign relations decisions, but they don't have any fair defenses for their actions.

• Upvote 3

Bad FA, Inexperienced leadership, Public Drama.

Thats all the defense needed.

That's all the defense needed to immediately cancel treaties, for 8 members to leave, to delete their Discord server, and take half of their bank?

In some situations I'd agree it would be acceptable to cancel treaties and to leave if you're a member, but the latter are just indefensible, imo.

• Upvote 1

Obelisk, you're certainly on the losing end of this situation, and it's going to take you some time to lick your wounds and recuperate. However, I think the denunciation was an important step for you on this path, and for that, I do commend you. What was done by the members who abruptly left your alliance was wrong, and I also think that the abrupt cancellation of treaties was wrong. BK and TCW were treatied to Obelisk, not to the members who left, and to abandon you (as you phrased it, in your time of need) was far from, in my opinion, respectable.

Everyone who's buddy-buddy here has no problem turning a blind eye to what was, essentially, a series of dick moves. They'll laugh and poke fun at you. They may have some fair criticisms of your leadership, or your foreign relations decisions, but they don't have any fair defenses for their actions.

Can I be frank, yes, I think those that left should have approached it better with that being said. But yes, the choices Obelisk made itself (a treaty that was problematic for us and if I'm honest making the web more one sided) was enough to cancel in my opinion

• Upvote 1

Nerd To The Core

That's all the defense needed to immediately cancel treaties, for 8 members to leave, to delete their Discord server, and take half of their bank?

In some situations I'd agree it would be acceptable to cancel treaties and to leave if you're a member, but the latter are just indefensible, imo.

Discord and bank was shitty, but no relation to BK. What does relate to us is a bad FA move and public shit-slinging which we are entitled to not feel that is our best interest to be connected to anymore. 

• Upvote 1

BK was treatied to Obelisk, not to the members who left, and to abandon you (as you phrased it, in your time of need) was far from, in my opinion, respectable.

Actually BK was only treatied to Obelisk because Resplendent merged into them so when those people left we had no reason or desire to keep the treaty as the people we liked in the alliance were no longer there. Do try to get the facts before you start calling people out.

• Upvote 3

And that justifies secretly signing a shit treaty without their allies or membership's notice, and then publicly shit on their former allies who had every reason to drop it like it's hot? Over a *discord* server which takes 2 seconds to remake and bank funds which were returned?

I think there needs to be a second "When will Rose decide" counter. And maybe a "When will Obelisk disband" counter and then take bets on which one happens first.

• Upvote 3

The Coalition Discord: https://discord.gg/WBzNRGK

Can I be frank, yes, I think those that left should have approached it better with that being said. But yes, the choices Obelisk made itself (a treaty that was problematic for us and if I'm honest making the web more one sided) was enough to cancel in my opinion

That would be fine if they didn't approach you about it, but as I understand it, they did and got a green light (or at least a yellow light, and definitely not a red light) on going forward with Polaris.

Discord and bank was shitty, but no relation to BK. What does relate to us is a bad FA move and public shit-slinging which we are entitled to not feel that is our best interest to be connected to anymore. 

You can cancel your treaty for any reason you want, but if it's because of a treaty they made that you gave the nod to, that still makes you dicks. Why wouldn't you tell them beforehand that you would cancel if they signed with Polaris? And if you're saying it's about the members who left - then please re-read my first post, about how you signed a treaty with the alliance, not a handful of members in the alliance.

Like I said, you can operate your alliance however you want, but I would certainly be pissed if a so-called ally pulled a stunt like this on me.

Guest Curufinwe

We discussed our decision among ourselves, we consulted with a leading member of our former protectorate who left for TCW and I discussed it with Park prior to us posting a cancellation notice. Our belief that the relationship was no longer tenable due to changing circumstances is ample justification for cancelling the treaty with Obelisk as far as we're concerned and, since we're a signatory to the agreement, that's really the relevant yardstick is it not?

Actually BK was only treatied to Obelisk because Resplendent merged into them so when those people left we had no reason or desire to keep the treaty as the people we liked in the alliance were no longer there. Do try to get the facts before you start calling people out.

That's just foolish to sign a treaty to an entire alliance when you really only care about a handful of members in that alliance. That makes it look more like a BK/Resplendent FA blunder than an Obelisk one.

And that justifies secretly signing a shit treaty without their allies or membership's notice, and then publicly shit on their former allies who had every reason to drop it like it's hot? Over a *discord* server which takes 2 seconds to remake and bank funds which were returned?

I think there needs to be a second "When will Rose decide" counter. And maybe a "When will Obelisk disband" counter and then take bets on which one happens first.

As I understood it, BK was approached about the treaty and gave them a nod. I don't know about Obelisk's internal affairs.

We discussed our decision among ourselves, we consulted with a leading member of our former protectorate who left for TCW and I discussed it with Park prior to us posting a cancellation notice. Our belief that the relationship was no longer tenable due to changing circumstances is ample justification for cancelling the treaty with Obelisk as far as we're concerned and, since we're a signatory to the agreement, that's really the relevant yardstick is it not?

Like I said, you can operate however you like, I just agree with Park's denunciation, and believe that this was not a classy FA move by BK.

That would be fine if they didn't approach you about it, but as I understand it, they did and got a green light (or at least a yellow light, and definitely not a red light) on going forward with Polaris.

You can cancel your treaty for any reason you want, but if it's because of a treaty they made that you gave the nod to, that still makes you dicks. Why wouldn't you tell them beforehand that you would cancel if they signed with Polaris? And if you're saying it's about the members who left - then please re-read my first post, about how you signed a treaty with the alliance, not a handful of members in the alliance.

Like I said, you can operate your alliance however you want, but I would certainly be pissed if a so-called ally pulled a stunt like this on me.

Just to let you know, The Commonwealth Government had no knowledge of the treaty before it became live. We were not spoken to or consulted by Obelisk gov. We only found out about it from a Obelisk gov member who resigned and joined The Commonwealth over the whole thing. 

• Upvote 4

Chief Financial Officer of The Syndicate

Thank you to Rose and Polaris, our real friends, they stuck by us during this time, and we’ve come out on top because of it. We are a stronger, more united Obelisk. Thank you to everyone who has helped us during this time. We will come out stronger because of it.

o/ Obelisk

No problem, we care about and are there to support all our allies. We look forward to working with you.

• Upvote 3

Alexia - Eternal Empress - Empire of Zah'Aharon

ghghghghghghg.gif.c48e7880bc1c5290f032d0fe3d3c8b22.gif

Bear Foskett, hold up; are you someone that we should know about that re-rolled or something? If not, then you're 20 days old talking about a lot of politics.

• Upvote 2

We have seized the means of production. Though union, and self-governance, we have organized between all peoples of the land.